NOTICE to sellers dealing with zero/one-post buyers (and vice versa)

stusader

n00b
new member here and not sure where else to post this. i only have a few posts but want to buy something from someone. i can't go to my profile or anyone else's because it says that i don't have permission to access it. is this because my post count is too low or something? i really want to send someone a pm but have no idea how to.

IDCHAPPY

The Mad Jock.
Have you tried posting an introduction thread? it's usually a good way to get noticed by the mod :lolz:

stusader

n00b
i was thinking about it actually but i didn't know if there was an appropriate place to put it. i'm not sure which forum to post it in haha.

stusader

n00b
thanks!

but it won't let me make a thread here it seems. it gives me the same message when i click post new thread.

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
thanks!

but it won't let me make a thread here it seems. it gives me the same message when i click post new thread.

tack an intro to the 'new to the boards' thread a couple of spaces down from chappys link. then start making posts in the forums (dont bump years old threads that have died long ago!).

for the item that you wish to buy, post on that sellers sales thread. If he wants to do business with an unkown (no offence) on this site, then you guys can make arrangements there. There are lots of very long term members here and they are very protective of this community. it can be a little intimidating at first. as long as you can make a contribution to the boards, it should be pretty easy. I signed up earlier this year myself. I still get some 'random noob' stuff thrown at me, but i have used my time to add to the discussions and most of everyone at least understands what im all about and i dont really have too much trouble here. Ive met some pretty decent folks here and i feel its a worthwhile place to be. This site is a perfect example of you get out what you put in.

Stick around. make some posts. do some tradin'. just save the trolling for the trollbox. eventually a mod will notice that you are not a bot and will give you full access to this site (and the ability to buy/sell, pm, create threads, etc...). Good luck, and welcome to the fold.

BeefJerky

Computerstaat Funster
20 Year Member
Thanks for creating this faq. I am the old member "mentor" was in Australia when I used to use this forum circa 2000 to early 2000s.I live in London now but lost my log in and old email from over ten years ago.is there anyway a mod can help me reinstate my old account ? I wasnt aware of these market faq rules and only just saw them.

stfu n00b.