offical wwe thread

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Mercedes Martinez was knocked out cold on NXT last night by a stiff kick from Xia Li. You can see Martinez is out on the way down as she's falling; doesn't even put her arms out to brace the fall.

Li once broke Vanessa Borne's nose with the exact same move.

Good to know NXT is utterly worthless as a developmental show. Nobody ever gets any better there. The green workers stay green and the good workers they send there actually get worse because they get watered down.

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
Mercedes when she woke up thought is it too late to join Retribution.

famicommander

15 Year Member
In tonight's episode of "AEW is just fucking WWE," Vickie Guerrero wrestled and Jim Ross called the show WWE Dynamite Live, then asked if they could redo it, and had to be reminded they were live even though he just said it.

• Haha
Reactions: Syn

famicommander

15 Year Member
Also someone got hurt in the Vickie Guerrero match.

Somehow Rebel dislocated her own kneecap trying to break up a pin attempt.

That's up there with Enzo breaking his own leg trying to reverse a wristlock. Or Enzo knocking himself out cold running the ropes.

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
She just stopped using crutches onscreen, lol. That's too bad hopefully she didn't seriously mess it up.

famicommander

15 Year Member
She just stopped using crutches onscreen, lol. That's too bad hopefully she didn't seriously mess it up.
If it was just a dislocation without any tears, that's a few weeks to a couple months at most. I seent it happen to a guy at football practice one time and he missed one game, played the next one.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Remember when I said the last thing MJF needed was a stable of clowns to lead against a bigger clown in Jericho?

1625074175895-png.103689

Turns out letting your top heel get the fucking shit beaten out of him every week and then turn to a stable of nobodies to rescue him doesn't really make people care.

Also pretty stupid to give a guy whose best asset is his speaking ability a manager. MJF is the last guy that needs Tully to speak for him.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Bringing back weekend house shows might actually help reduce in-ring botches.

It is like everybody is getting ring rust.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Bringing back weekend house shows might actually help reduce in-ring botches.

It is like everybody is getting ring rust.
They do like 20-40 matches per week between Dark and Elevation and most of these guys are working indies in between. There's no ring rust.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
They do like 20-40 matches per week between Dark and Elevation and most of these guys are working indies in between. There's no ring rust.

I am under the impression that live shows are just starting back up.

What is the current workrate? 2-3 TV matches a week? Then (in the case of non WWE) a few on the weekend?

I am of the opinion that working the same person 3-5 times a week is beneficial.

famicommander

15 Year Member
I am under the impression that live shows are just starting back up.

What is the current workrate? 2-3 TV matches a week? Then (in the case of non WWE) a few on the weekend?

I am of the opinion that working the same person 3-5 times a week is beneficial.
They'll never go back to running 5 house shows a week. House shows are a sucker's bet.

Revenue from house shows:
tickets + merch

Revenue from other shows:
tickets + merch + TV money, subscription fees, PPV buys, DVD sales, Youtube ad revenue, etc

At present AEW runs Dynamite, Dark, and Dark Elevation every week. Soon they will add Rampage to that, so most guys will get three or four matches per week plus the PPVs and then indie bookings.

Each of these wrestlers can only take a finite amount of bumps in their careers. It only makes sense to monetize each one to the largest extent possible. WWE actually loses money on house shows; they just run them because there's no other way to keep a roster of 300-400 people working.

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
The Patriot Del Wilkes passed at 59 of a massive heart attack.

famicommander

15 Year Member
MLW has signed Matt Cross, formerly known as Son of Havoc in Lucha Underground

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
I understand the TV revenue is stupid money but there is now way they lost money on house shows when they were filling arenas. The house shows give wrestlers working a program an opportunity to work together (dare I say practice) without overexposing the spots. It makes for better TV matches. The spots you see on a TV/PPV have been honed over the previous few weeks at house shows.

I prefer to go to house shows over a TV any day.

famicommander

15 Year Member
I understand the TV revenue is stupid money but there is now way they lost money on house shows when they were filling arenas. The house shows give wrestlers working a program an opportunity to work together (dare I say practice) without overexposing the spots. It makes for better TV matches. The spots you see on a TV/PPV have been honed over the previous few weeks at house shows.

I prefer to go to house shows over a TV any day.
They were only drawing 1-3K people for house shows. Those are ROH crowds at 10X ROH's budget.

famicommander

15 Year Member

These guys botch harder and more often than AAA, and that's really hard to do.

Please don't suck when you come back, MLW. Because WWE, AEW, Impact, and NJPW all definitely suck balls right now.

ROH holding it down for the entire English-language wrestling world right now.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member

These guys botch harder and more often than AAA, and that's really hard to do.

Please don't suck when you come back, MLW. Because WWE, AEW, Impact, and NJPW all definitely suck balls right now.

ROH holding it down for the entire English-language wrestling world right now.
I couldn’t make it 5 moves into the first vid. Some one is gonna end up like Hayabusa, or worse.

famicommander

15 Year Member
I couldn’t make it 5 moves into the first vid. Some one is gonna end up like Hayabusa, or worse.
There are legitimately more botches in an average episode of Dynamite than ROH has made since they restarted after COVID in September.

WWE has been extremely sloppy in the Thunderdome era too.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
They were only drawing 1-3K people for house shows. Those are ROH crowds at 10X ROH's budget.

I understand that house show attendance was pretty bad heading into the pandemic. Then again, so was TV attendance.

When I was going to house shows (2010-2015), they were pretty much filling AHL arenas (3 difference cities).

They obviously shouldn't be running house shows to lose money or break even. They should have tried to figure out why attendance was down and fix it (probably because the TV product was so bad).

I did notice that in 2014 or so, the tried booking extra loops in the towns that were doing good business. But that only depressed attendance.

Anyways, I think the TV matches will improve if they start running non-televised shows.

famicommander

15 Year Member
The TV matches will never improve because there is no incentive to improve them. The people that can still sit through a WWE show at this point obviously do not give one singular fuck about match quality. If they can land several billion dollar media rights deals with terrible wrestling, why bother getting better wrestling?

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
I know right... They even move matches off the PPV to put them on TV.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Jimmy Uso has been arrested for DUI again. This is his sixth alcohol-related arrest since 2011 and fourth DUI.

He's way ahead of his brother, who only has one.

Seems like a Jeff Hardy type situation where he keeps fucking up and everybody keeps protecting him.

famicommander

15 Year Member

Full card for Best in the World this Sunday announced. As always, the first hour will be free on Honor Club, Youtube, Facebook, and their 24/7 STIRR channel Best on the Planet. The main card can be seen for a $10 one month Honor Club subscription or, if you insist on paying more, on PPV.

ROH World Championship: Rush (c) vs Bandido

ROH World Television Championship: Tony Deppen (c) vs Dragon Lee

ROH Pure Wrestling Championship: Jonathan Gresham (c) vs Mike Bennett

ROH World Tag Team Championship: The Foundation (Rhett Titus and Tracy Williams) (c) vs Violence Unlimited (Homicide and Chris Dickinson) in a Fight Without Honor

ROH World Six Man Tag Team Championship: Shane Taylor Promotions (Shane Taylor, Moses, and Kaun) (c) vs Dalton Castle, Eli Isom, and Dak Draper

Last Man Standing Match: Silas Young vs Josh Woods

Brody King vs Jay Lethal

EC3 vs Flip Gordon

The Briscoes vs Brian Johnson and PJ Black

Hour One:
PCO and Danhausen vs The Bouncers (Beer City Bruiser and Brian Milonas)

Flamita vs Rey Horus

Matt Taven "Trending With Taven" talk segment