offical wwe thread

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
WWE Battleground PPV Results: 7-23-17

(7) RANDY ORTON vs. JINDER MAHAL Punjabi Prison match

During Jinder's ring entrance, they showed the India announce team who talked about 1.3 billion people in India.

The structures lowered and the ring announcer explained the rules (better than the Singh Brothers did last week). Jinder went on the offensive right away and, when he had Orton down, called for the first door to be opened. Orton caught up with him and almost climbed out of one door early. Jinder blocked him. The 60 second countdown clock reached zero, so the door was closed permanently.

Jinder went on the attack again. The cameras outside the structure floated past all the bamboo posts and ropes, which was constantly distracting and disorienting, with frequent cuts to different cameras. Jinder called for a second door to open. He tried to leave, but Orton stopped him. Orton fought back and tried to leave, but Jinder yanked him back to the middle of the ring. The crowd counted down the last ten seconds, but neither man escaped. That second door was padlocked shut.

Orton set up a DDT, but Jinder blocked it and sent Orton into the wall. Phillips said there is no give with this structure. Orton suplexed Jinder into the wall. The crowd was pretty disengaged silence mixed with scattered boos and just general chatter. Orton called for the third door to open. Orton moved toward it. Jinder grabbed him and the door eventually closed.

Orton gave Jinder a DDT off the middle rope. Phillips called it an important moment and turning point for Orton. Orton called for the fourth door to open. Orton then set up an RKO, but Jinder blocked it and gave Orton a high knee. Mahal then tried to apply his submission hold, but Orton landed an RKO instead. Both were down. The Singh Brothers came out from under the door. They yanked Mahal out of the final door. Then when the clock struck zero, Orton was locked inside. JBL said, Randy is screwed.

Orton climbed the inner structure and climbed right to the outer structure just as Jinder was climbing the outer structure to try to win. They met on the inside of the outer structure and exchanged punches. They worked their way down the cage. Orton head butted Jinder and then rammed his head into the fence. Jinder tumbled to the ground. The Singh Brothers grabbed Orton's legs and yanked him down and stomped away at him. Jinder got up eventually. The Singh Brothers whipped Orton into Mahal's boot. Mahal let out a raspy celebratory yell and began climbing the structure again. The Singh Brothers held Orton down.

Orton fought free and then climbed after Jinder. He grabbed his boot and pounded on his back. They landed on the floor and fought some more. The Singh Brothers attacked Orton again. The show reached the three hour mark at this point. Orton grabbed a kendo stick and used it. When Orton climbed the structure, Samir Singh grabbed him from the other side and held on. Orton punched himself free and then knocked Singh off of the side of the cage after a minute of milking it. Singh landed on the announce table below. Mahal recovered and climbed the cage and battle Orton again near the top. They crawled back down. They replayed the table spot bump on a split screen twice.

Mahal threw Orton into the side of the cage. Orton came back and gave Mahal a DDT at ringside on the floor as Mahal's legs were caught in the cage, similar to his DDT off the middle rope he does in the ring. Orton found a chair and used it against the remaining Singh Brother. He turned and jabbed Mahal, then bashed him across his back. Orton then looked toward the cage structure and began to climb it. He kicked off the other Singh, but then played exhaustion. Jinder's music then played and out walked The Great Khali. Orton was bleeding from his left arm.

JBL said Khali was the creator of the match. Orton looked scared and he began to climb the cage more quickly. Khali walked up to the structure and began to shake it. Orton lost his balance nd fell back down half way. Orton caught himself. Khali grabbed Orton by his throat and held on. Orton gasped for breath. Jinder climbed next to Orton and made his sinister face. Then he climbed to the top and escaped. The announcers were stunned. Not like this! Not like this! said Saxton. Jinder dropped to win. JBL said Mahal is becoming a great WWE Champion, as Mahal and Khali celebrated together on the ramp.

WINNER: Mahal to retain the WWE Championship.

There's not much worth watching for the first 80 percent of the match, and even the last few minutes was saved only by the big table bump, if that's your thing. Otherwise, just a lot of climbing up and down, and then a few kendo stick and chair shots. The Khali surprise was perhaps enough to redeem the match to a certain degree for some fans, and it gave Orton an excuse to lose. But overall, not one to go out of your way to see.

Last edited:

Hot Chocolate

No Longer Yung, No Longer Raoul,
20 Year Member
The thing I'll miss the most about a weekly version of Talking Smack is when KO is on it, his back and forth with Renae is hysterical

"Are you not at all concerned about the ref?"
"Why would I care about that when that three count is all that matters"

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Reby Hardy:
Jeff Jarrett burns bridges like he burns through Kurt Angle's alimony money.
BURN.gif

famicommander

15 Year Member
So WWE reported record quarterly revenue but very little profit today.

2015 Q1 + Q2 profits: $24.5 million
2016 Q1 + Q2 profits: $14.7 million
2017 Q1 + Q2 profits: $6 million

They've fucking only made 6 million dollars on 400 million in revenue in 2017 so far.

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
So WWE reported record quarterly revenue but very little profit today.

2015 Q1 + Q2 profits: $24.5 million
2016 Q1 + Q2 profits: $14.7 million
2017 Q1 + Q2 profits: $6 million

They've fucking only made 6 million dollars on 400 million in revenue in 2017 so far.

Maybe that should be an impetus for them to put out a better product.

famicommander

15 Year Member
They don't know how.

They just keep signing all the talent from good promotions and then generally not knowing what the fuck to do with them.

Should be lots of firings tomorrow.

Also, they're talking about shaking up the rosters again and sending some people they don't have plans to push back to fucking NXT.

I'm gonna laugh my ass off if Brock literally suplexes Joe back to developmental.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
The thing I'll miss the most about a weekly version of Talking Smack is when KO is on it, his back and forth with Renae is hysterical

"Are you not at all concerned about the ref?"
"Why would I care about that when that three count is all that matters"

I don't like the MIZ but I have to admit that it was him that got me interested in Talking Smack, definitely showed DB how shit gets done, lol. KO has a great attitude, I love his snide demeanor, it works great for him.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Rocky Romero has addressed the rumors of his retirement after the end of his tag team, Roppongi Vice. His former partner Trent Baretta is heading to the heavyweight division and many assumed this would be the end of the road for Rocky.

But Romero is not done with wrestling yet. He will not seek a new tag team partner but will remain in NJPW at least until.his contract expires next year and possibly beyond that. He also expressed interest in going back to Pro Wrestling Guerilla to work some matches as well as helping with NJPW's ongoing US expansion.

Good news. I think Rocky has a lot left in the tank and he has already reached legend status in NJPW, ROH, and CMLL.

famicommander

15 Year Member
This week's ROH weeklies

Women of Honor Wednesday is off again, but this week's ROH TV is an all Women of Honor special

Throwback Thursday:

Future of Honor Friday:

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
This week's ROH weeklies

Women of Honor Wednesday is off again, but this week's ROH TV is an all Women of Honor special

Throwback Thursday:

Maybe I'm missing something....
Was that match supposed to be poorly worked?

famicommander

15 Year Member
They just added another show to the Global Wars tour, and it's a big one:
October 15, 2017 at the Odeum Expo Center in the Chicagoland area

This is a MUCH bigger venue than they normally run in Chicago Ridge. Why? Well..
global-wars-omega.png

Kenny motherfucking Omega will defend the IWGP United States Heavyweight Championship. No opponent has been announced yet.

This venue seats 5,500 for wrestling, so it'll be interesting to see how they draw. Their biggest crowd ever was Supercard of Honor earlier this year, which drew 3,500 on Wrestlemania weekend for the Young Bucks vs Hardys main event.

EDIT
Also, two more big matches for War of the Worlds UK: Liverpool
liverpool-cmll.jpg

Ultimo Guerrero and Rey Bucanero vs Mistico and Titan

liverpool-lij.jpg

Bully Ray and the Briscoes vs Los Ingobernables de Japon (EVIL, Bushi, and Tetsuya Naito)

Last edited:

famicommander

15 Year Member
To my eyes, it looked fake and clunky.

Well, you can always go back to WWE where they have rap battles and whatever the fuck they're doing with Kurt Angle.

I don't know what to tell you if you don't like that match. Maybe ROH/NJPW aren't for you.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
Apparently Cena getting the Bumblebee role forced creative's hand to do Nakamura/Mahal at Summerslam. My guess is that Nakamura wins the belt and then loses it immediately to Corbin on an MITB cash-in.

Though that would require Mahal to lose the belt, which WWE seems loathe to do.

edit: oh and Cris Cyborg wants a match against Becky Lynch. Uh, sure. Ronda Rousey isn't the draw she was once but she'll still have name value in her upcoming feud against Charlotte and she could actually be a decent wrestler if she wants to make it a career. Cyborg has little name value and less charisma. I really, really hope WWE isn't willing to do that match.

Last edited:

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
WWE sucks so bad that the best thing to hit the network in the last year has been the SMW tv shows.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
Whose fault was the Nakamura/Cena oops the other day? Nakamura apologized right afterward and looked like he thought it was his fault, but Cena's not exactly known for taking bumps right and he told Nakamura he didn't need to apologize. There were a decent number of articles on it and every last one mentioned that it may well have been Cena's own fault but none of the ones I saw took a position either way.

famicommander

15 Year Member
It's both. Nakamura needs to make sure he gets more rotation on the throw and Cena needs to tuck better.

Some various news:
-WWE has released HoHo Lun and Eva Marie.
-Hot Topic now sells NJPW merchandise, and last week the #2 and #3 selling shirts nationwide at the store were the Young Bucks Bullet Club and Cody Rhodes Bullet Clubs shits. They beat all WWE shirts and all shirts overall except the new Rick and Morty shirt.
-NJPW's revenues are up 20% over last year
-WWE will not sign Rey Mysterio because they do not want to deal with Konnan, Rey's representation. Looks like GFW could be in play.
-Ring of Honor will start putting Women of Honor matches on the main PPV cards.
-WWE has pulled its contract offer from STARDOM wrestler Io Shirai due to concerns about her neck. Shirai is expected to go back to STARDOM.
-Alberto has been cleared of all charges in that domestic assault case but remains under suspension at GFW while they complete their own investigation

Throwback Thursday:

Watch this match and weep and what has become of them in WWE.

Future of Honor Friday:

Last edited:

famicommander

15 Year Member
An estimated 200-300 people attended the first Impact live event in 2 years today. The venue was only set up for 400-500.

Makes you wonder how bad sales really had to be for them to cancel the third show on this tour.

Anyone that actually bought tickets to the canceled show got a refund PLUS free tickets to one of the other two on the tour.

By comparison, ROH runs 35-50 events per year and has not drawn fewer than 400 fans since 2013. They are averaging over 1,100 so far this year.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
Sounds like Enzo may be headed out of WWE soon. Currently getting the Miz treatment (not allowed to change in the locker room), was kicked off the tour bus in Europe, and is generally disliked by nearly everyone in the company.