offical wwe thread

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Looks like ROH's return to fans at Best in the World will sell out (they didn't sell all 2500 seats due to social distancing but they're going to sell all the ones they released pretty easily). Figures to be a $40,000+ gate at a venue they've been running since September with $0 gates.

Impact's Slammiversary sold out instantly, but they can only fit a very small number of fans into that studio in Nashville. But still, tickets were all $250 VIP experiences so they probably did alright.

MLW's return to action in Philly is sold out.

AEW and WWE's returns to touring are all selling very well.

The promotions that have the means to tour right now are going to clean up. People are ready to go back to live events and even shitty wrestling will do when you've been cooped up in the house for 18 months.

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
Lio Rush retiring from wrestling

On Tuesday evening, the 26-year-old athlete - whose real name is Lionel Gerard Green - announced that he is retiring from the sport after sustaining an injury to his shoulder.

Rush posted the same image of himself alongside a statement detailing more about why he will be retiring from wrestling.

"I have written and erased this post so many times purely out of not being able to wrap my head around this," he began. "The moment I went home in a sling, I kept saying to myself, 'This was like any other time I got a little bruise or strain and I will shrug it off and continue on my new journey.'"

"Once the pain subsided and I started to feel just how uncomfortable it was to feel my arm hanging from my body, I sunk into an immediate and rapidly growing depression because I knew something was wrong..." Rush continued.

Noting that he knew he would be taking time off for his injury, Rush then said that he believed "it would only affect my wrestling obligations" and that he "still tried to go on about my days as I knew them," before he realized how severe his injury was.

famicommander

15 Year Member
"Weekly wrestling TV is kind of played out" - Billy Corgan, who can't afford to run NWA weekly anymore

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
Lio Rush retiring from wrestling

On Tuesday evening, the 26-year-old athlete - whose real name is Lionel Gerard Green - announced that he is retiring from the sport after sustaining an injury to his shoulder.

Rush posted the same image of himself alongside a statement detailing more about why he will be retiring from wrestling.

"I have written and erased this post so many times purely out of not being able to wrap my head around this," he began. "The moment I went home in a sling, I kept saying to myself, 'This was like any other time I got a little bruise or strain and I will shrug it off and continue on my new journey.'"

"Once the pain subsided and I started to feel just how uncomfortable it was to feel my arm hanging from my body, I sunk into an immediate and rapidly growing depression because I knew something was wrong..." Rush continued.

Noting that he knew he would be taking time off for his injury, Rush then said that he believed "it would only affect my wrestling obligations" and that he "still tried to go on about my days as I knew them," before he realized how severe his injury was.
TLDR his wife told him she's leaving him if he doesnt quit wrestling

famicommander

15 Year Member
What the hell is Impact doing?

Their Impact Plus special is this Saturday, and the main event is Kenny Omega vs Moose. Omega is only defending the Impact title, not the AEW or AAA titles, and yet the match will take place at AEW's home venue in Jacksonville. Not the entire show, just the one match.

Impact has to send their top guy to someone else's venue so he can eat a clean pin in the main event of their own show for their own world title.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Any chance that tony khan is writing checks to Impact?
No. AEW isn't really getting a lot out of this either and Impact's parent company has pretty deep pockets. I think Impact genuinely thinks what they're doing will help, for some reason, and Tony Khan is happy to bury them for his own amusement even when it doesn't really help his own company.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Yzqe5Vz.png

Battle Riot III for MLW's return show in Philly. This spoils some returning names that haven't been announced in their draft or whatever. TJP still apparently working for three major promotions at once (MLW, Impact, NJPW). They relaxed COVID restrictions again so there are limited tickets available starting at 15 bucks.

ROH only has 370-something tickets left for Best in the World and the show is still a month out with only 3 matches announced. Looks like they released anywhere between 1000 and 1600 tickets, just not sure what the capacity limitations would be due to social distancing. They closed off 8 whole sections of the 4900 seat arena which brings the capacity down to 3106, which is still a lot. If think they were allowed to release anywhere from 30-50% of those seats, so I'm guessing the attendance will be around 1400. Which is the biggest paid house ROH has drawn since the Madison Square Garden show (the free show they ran right before the pandemic drew more, but again, it was free; cheapest seat in the house for this one is 30 bucks+fees).

If I lived in the area I'd try to hit both these shows. MLW on July 10 in Philly, ROH July 11 in Baltimore would be pretty cool weekend.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Kenny Omega is said to be dealing with knee issues, a hernia, a deep bruise on his tailbone (lol), a gash on his hand requiring stitches, and a stomach virus.

Good thing they didn't make him world champion of three major promotions at the same time.

Oh wait.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Omega's injuries also probably explain the random ass triple threat title match from Double or Nothing.

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
Omega is defending in Jacksonville and the Good Brothers are wrestling at the other location so they can't interfere in the title match.

Of course the Bucks will do a run in instead.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Omega is defending in Jacksonville and the Good Brothers are wrestling at the other location so they can't interfere in the title match.

Of course the Bucks will do a run in instead.
It's just so fucking stupid.

It doesn't help AEW to do this, it doesn't help Impact to do this.

Are there even going to be fans in Jacksonville for this? I don't think AEW has an event tomorrow. So either they're taping at an empty venue or they already taped this and they're airing a canned match on their PPV.

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
I'm expecting wrestlers to be on the other side of the barricades like they've done during the pandemic.

famicommander

15 Year Member
I'm expecting wrestlers to be on the other side of the barricades like they've done during the pandemic.
That would be lame as fuck. They could do that in the studio in Nashville.

They should have just let Impact run the whole PPV from Jacksonville and sell their own tickets.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
I think Moose and Callihan will trade off losses to Omega up until after he finally drops the AEW title to Hangman Page at the end of May. Then I'd guess Impact will do Omega/Moose/Callihan in a triple-threat, Moose will pin Callihan, and then Omega will hopefully take some time off. Impact gets their belt back, Omega never jobs clean to anyone on their roster, Tony Khan's happy, D'Amore and Dreamer look like idiots.

Random Impact side-note, Morrissey looks much more impressive in Impact than he ever did in WWE, good on the dude for getting in shape and apparently also getting sober.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Big Cass still fucking sucks. At least they didn't bring that shitball Enzo in with him. Glad Cass is in shape and no longer legitimately trying to murder his coworkers but he still can't wrestle.

Also speaking of Dreamer, nice of him to insert himself into a tag team match in the top angle on the PPV. Just retire already, Tommy. God damn. Nobody should be paying to watch Dreamer matches in 2021.

Also sucks that Rhino has to tag with shitass Cody Deaner now. Freebird rule while Doering takes on Kojima in a singles match.

Purrazzo vs Rosemary will likely be match of the night.

famicommander

15 Year Member
The NWA ran its “When Our Shadows Fall” PPV on 6/6, on a Sunday afternoon from Atlanta. As far as television PPV went, it appears to have done less than 500 buys based on preliminary industry estimates. I’d think if there was any real business it would be on FITE streaming. But for TV, the numbers were way down from previous shows based on early estimates.

NWA taped several shows in Atlanta at the GPB Studios, but it wasn’t the same studios as before, as their larger studios were taping “Divorce Court.” So they taped at a 50-seat studio. The only event that sold out was the PPV. There were about 30 people at the 6/7 taping

NWA couldn't sell out a 50-seat studio for 10 bucks a seat

famicommander

15 Year Member
AEW sucks so much at booking a feud.

You don't fucking start your feud with war games, follow that up with a cinematic match, then start doing random ass singles and tag matches after that. That's completely bass ackwards you fucking idiots.

famicommander

15 Year Member
"Yes you can do other things but at the end of the day, the guy in mainstream America is gonna pay for a Trevor Murdoch and a Nick Aldis all day long." - Billy Corgan, right before he sold 500 PPVs out of a 50 seat PBS studio for his Murdoch vs Aldis main event

• Haha
Reactions: Syn

famicommander

15 Year Member
If anyone wants to watch the Impact show for free, you can get two months of Impact Plus free with promo code AGAINSTALLODDS

It won't get you Slammiversary next month since that's a big PPV, but hey, it's free.

I won't be home to watch either way but thought I'd pass it along.

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
I guess he's not a big enough star for a low risk cinematic match.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Could be that he wanted to be fully cleared, got his release because he thought maybe ROH/Impact/AEW would clear him, then it turned out they all agreed with WWE's doctor so he went back there for the highest paying non-wrasslin job.

Reactions: Syn