offical wwe thread

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Domino's is super pissed about this and might pull their ads from all future AEW programming:
aew-dominos.jpg

famicommander

15 Year Member
Turns out corporate brands don't want their products associated with toothless meth junkie bank robbers cutting fat old guys open with a pizza cutter

famicommander

15 Year Member
Both AEW and Impact tried to sign Kurt Angle to continue wrestling. Kurt turned them down and said that his neck, back, and knees are in major pain every single day.

Did they not see his last year in WWE? The guy could barely fucking walk.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Bray Wyatt has been released by WWE.

Expect him and his stupid puppets to show up in AEW and further shit up their bloated mess of a show soon.

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
Bray was entertaining until he attempted to wrestle. His new name should be Piss Break.

famicommander

15 Year Member
We've talked about how this storyline has tanked Impact's television, but how about their Youtube viewership?

Well, in 2020 they averaged over 40 million viewers per month.
In 2021 they have averaged about 24 million viewers per month.

famicommander

15 Year Member
hahahaha

WWE is considering making Smackdown 3 hours long to compete with AEW Rampage.

The last thing anybody needs is another 3 hour wrestling show.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Ric Flair released by WWE at his own request.

Countdown to the contest between AEW and Impact to see which one of them can have him pin a star in their 20s or 30s first.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Ric Flair released by WWE at his own request.

Countdown to the contest between AEW and Impact to see which one of them can have him pin a star in their 20s or 30s first.

I heard the the NWA was offering him the belt, transport and 10% of houses he performs on,

famicommander

15 Year Member
I heard the the NWA was offering him the belt, transport and 10% of houses he performs on,
NWA would be stupid to jump into a deal with Ric Flair.

Ric took $20,000 from Cary Silkin and then no-showed ROH. If he did that same thing to NWA it could sink the whole promotion.

famicommander

15 Year Member
AEW has announced they will have a four man broadcast booth for Rampage. Excalibur, Taz, Chris Jericho, and Mark Henry.

That's the worst idea of all time. A three man booth is bad enough but four?

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
AEW has announced they will have a four man broadcast booth for Rampage. Excalibur, Taz, Chris Jericho, and Mark Henry.

That's the worst idea of all time. A three man booth is bad enough but four?
Maybe they'll let Ortiz selectively mute whoever the fuck he wants to. That's terrible, agreed.

As much I love the idea of him retiring, I'll give Cody credit for putting over Malakai on the way out. Still can't shake the feeling that AEW is diluting the pool too much. Malakai should be top card, so should Miro and MJF and Starks and Cage and Guevara and Archer and JB but let's throw two legacy guys from WWE in front of them.

It's generally a fun show but the reality kinda blows.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Miro should be in a different profession altogether. He fucking sucks. Really badly.

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
A couple of weeks ago his wife died now Bobby Eaton has died of unknown causes at 62.

famicommander

15 Year Member
He fell and broke his leg or something a couple weeks back, gotta be related

famicommander

15 Year Member
All of these people were buried by Randy Orton in their last WWE TV appearance
Bray Wyatt
Christian Cage
Ric Flair
Matt Hardy
Mark Henry
Big Show

Cage, Hardy, Henry, and Show are already in AEW. Gotta think Slick Ric and fatass Wyatt are next.

And keep an eye on who Randy Orton buries next. That's probably the next person AEW signs.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Another round of WWE firings:
-Bobby Fish
-Bronson Reed
-Jake Atlas
-Ari Sterling
-Kona Reeves
-Leon Ruff
-Stephon Smith
-Tyler Rust
-Zechariah Smith
-Asher Hale
-Giant Zanjeer
-Mercedes Martinez.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
Gotta be selling the company. Too bad TK hasn't taken every freakin' opportunity to build a competitor that's actually capable of turning a profit.

Sidenote, having Red Velvet, Jericho, and Statlander all wrestle on the same show pretty much guarantees at least one major injury on tv, so that's something. There ought to be markets for the number of AEW botches and/or maimings per show.

famicommander

15 Year Member
I've lost almost all enthusiasm for most promotions.

MLW's Battle Riot has been up on Youtube for weeks and I haven't watched it yet. I even heard good things, but I'm not at all confident in their direction given how bad their last set of TV tapings were.

Impact absolutely refuses to get out of their own way, which is admittedly on-brand for them, but I just can't bring myself to care anymore. They don't respect their own belts, roster, brand, promotion, talent, or TV network so why should anyone else?

NJPW fell off the rails faster than any promotion I can recall. Just a few years ago these guys were putting out MOTY candidates every other week and the booking actually made sense. Now they do dumbass angles and hotshot their belt all over the place.

AEW is a bad product, pure and simple.

WWE is even worse somehow, which is pretty incredible.

AAA is as bad of a gong show as they've ever been and CMLL is a dreadful bore.

I don't watch enough Dragon Gate, NOAH, DDT, AJPW, Stardom, or TJPW to really rank them this year but that alone says it all. NOAH had a lot of really sad Muta matches and that's what I'll remember them for in 2021.

Ring of Honor still fails at some pretty basic shit, like following up immediately on a good PPV with relevant episodes of TV. It's time for a guy like PCO to step aside. But overall, they still put on great shows. I can count the number of bad ROH matches in 2021 on one hand, their storylines are all coherent, the presentation of their promos is unique and really well done. They're still in the middle of a slow rebuild and they could relapse into stupid habits at any time, but they're easily the best wrestling promotion in the world right now and there's really no competition for that title.

famicommander

15 Year Member
WWE has essentially decided that AEW isn't a real threat anymore, which is why they're cutting so many people.

They are transitioning NXT back into a more developmental program, calling the "third brand" experiment a failure. They want to switch NXT's focus back to developing big, young guys that can't wrestle.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
WWE has no business creating a third brand.
It doesn't even have a second brand.
They just have shows, it's all the same boring wrestling featuring more or less the same guys, working the same type of matches, cutting the same types of promos, with the same types of production. There is nothing to separate the "Brands" other than the logos and the color of the ropes.

If Raw was an 8-Bit Nintendo game, then Smackdown and NXT would be nothing more than a palette swap.