offical wwe thread

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
How bad of an Idea was it for the WWE to use non-owned source music for CM Punk and Brian Danielson?

Punk can go anywheres that will pay the licensing fee for "Cult of personality" and for $500 Danielson can get some session musicians to record a Wagner piece.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
tenor1.gif

Best PPV I've seen since I started watching wrestling again a couple of years ago. My wife has never really paid attention to AEW and even she went nuts at the end.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
So what are the actual plans for Punk and Bryan?

I don't watch AEW so I don't know anything about thier factions/stables but if I'm booking it I pair them together and build towards a major PPV against the Young Bucks. Then break them up, have then build towards a blowout at a major PPV.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
So what are the actual plans for Punk and Bryan?

I don't watch AEW so I don't know anything about thier factions/stables but if I'm booking it I pair them together and build towards a major PPV against the Young Bucks. Then break them up, have then build towards a blowout at a major PPV.
'Kay, so first, they brought in Suzuki for THAT? The fuck, AEW, that was shit. I guess here's hoping for better Moxley/NJPW stuff? That was terrible though, wtf.

re: post- gotta be that Danielson's finally taking the belt off of Omega. Kinda seems like a downgrade, but I appreciate what appears to be Punk rubbing young guys i.e. Allin, Hobbes, Starks, whoever. My guess is he does that for a while then takes a run at the title while Danielson has it, retires with no title win. Good on him for getting young guys some shine.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
All Elderly Wrestling strikes again.

Setting up Tully Blanchard (67) vs Sting (62)

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
"Dark Side of the Ring" returns with new episodes next Thursday, September 16 at 9 pm EDT on VICE.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Dude's having a good year

So far
-Won NCAA Big 10 Conference Folkstyle Wrestling Championship
-Won NCAA Division I National Folkstyle Wrestling Championship
-Won Gold Medal in Freestyle Wrestling at the Pan-American Games
-Won Gold Medal in Freestyle Wrestling at the Olympic Games
-Signed an NIL deal that allows him to collect endorsement deals while still in college
-Signed a WWE contract which will allow him to finish college

He's literally the best amateur wrestler on planet earth in two different styles and he's about to make millions in pro wrestling while still finishing his degree.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Two graduates of Booker T's wrestling school and alumni of his indie promotion Reality of Wrestling met for the inaugural Ring of Honor Women's World Championship at Death Before Dishonor tonight. Rok-C, the 19 year old prodigy, won the title over Miranda Alize.

Josh Woods pinned Jon Gresham for the ROH Pure Wrestling Championship. Gresham had won 12 straight singles matches with 12 different finishing moves and beaten every other challenger in the division clean, so it was time to pass the torch. Woods deserves it.

Alex Zayne, Jake Atlas, and Rust Taylor all made their ROH returns after their WWE runs. John Walters also returned.

Chris Hero once again worked the show as a producer.

Still stuck in limbo are the Aussie, UK, and Irish contingent of the roster: Doug Williams, Joe Hendry, Slex, Adam Brooks, Session Moth Martina, Mark Haskins, Vicky Haskins, KellyAnne, etc.

ROH announced that due to COVID, tonight was the last scheduled show for the year with fans. They may or may not allow fans for Final Battle; they will wait and see what the COVID situation is in December in Baltimore before making the call. The rest of their shows will be empty venue tapings in Philly or Baltimore until next year.

famicommander

15 Year Member
ROH will not renew PCO's contract when it expires in November.

Maybe he can go to AEW. He's only 54 so he's still a hotshot young prospect for them.

famicommander

15 Year Member
He had a rape case so they might not want him in AEW.

But then again they kept Dustin Rhodes, Jake Hager, Justin Roberts (ring announcer sends dick pics to minors), Darby Allin (rapist), etc.

famicommander

15 Year Member
AEW: "We're totally not the same as WWE"
Also AEW: "So here's Rosario Dawson fighting a male wrestler while a bunch of MMA guys cut promos on the roster"

famicommander

15 Year Member
Rhino has signed a new deal with Impact Wrestling.

He's only 45, so he's got a few more years before he's ready to be an AEW prospect.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
Flair has GOT to be coming to AEW, and it's going to suck.

That'll be three Horsemen, Rosario Dawson can be the last one.

edit: also, Adam Coles eyes are too close together, he's like the anti-Jerry Jones. Britt, WTF?

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
Wrestler Tommy Dreamer has reportedly been suspended indefinitely by Impact Wrestling following comments he made during Vice’s docuseries, Dark Side of the Ring.

Pro Wrestling Insider reports that Dreamer was “asked to leave effective immediately” from this week’s taping in Tennessee after making statements that were “out of line” with the company’s core values. Impact Wrestling has not yet responded to TVLine’s request for comment.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Brock Lesnar was accused of exposing himself to Terri Runnels in that documentary in addition to Ric Flair being accused of forcing two women to touch his dick and Scott Hall grabbing a woman and licking her face. One stewardess also accused Goldust of saying he was gonna fuck her, but then the other stewardess said Goldust was the only one to help her get away from Ric Flair.

They didn't even have time to cover Vince getting drunk and trying to legit-wrestle Kurt Angle in the doc.

famicommander

15 Year Member
They didn't interview the woman Goldust did this to:
E_fdkFNVQAgngLk

Carshield has also suspended their Ric Flair ad campaign. That commercial airs half a dozen times on every hour of wrestling television (Raw, Smackdown, NXT, Dynamite, Impact, Rampage, and ROH Wrestling).

Of course AEW will not do anything about Jim Ross or Goldust.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
I wonder how many 30-second spots AEW will get featuring Punk and Danielson during the MLB playoffs.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
Brock Lesnar was accused of exposing himself to Terri Runnels in that documentary in addition to Ric Flair being accused of forcing two women to touch his dick and Scott Hall grabbing a woman and licking her face. One stewardess also accused Goldust of saying he was gonna fuck her, but then the other stewardess said Goldust was the only one to help her get away from Ric Flair.

They didn't even have time to cover Vince getting drunk and trying to legit-wrestle Kurt Angle in the doc.
I couldn't believe how poorly Dreamer came off in that. Ross was bad, Dreamer was awful. Ross comes off poorly whenever he's on there, IMO, come to think of it.

I mean, re: Dreamer, how on earth he could say what he did and then decided yeah, I'm happy with that being how I represent myself, sheesh. Glad he's seeing some repercussions for it.

That was a brutal episode.