offical wwe thread

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
AEW Full Gear PPV Results: 11-13-21

PWTorch.com
or wherever you want to view complete reports, go for it since I forgot all about the PPV. Here are the quick results:

(1) MJF vs. DARBY ALLIN
WINNER: MJF in 21:56
(Really good match that probably could’ve had a few minutes shaved off in the middle. This is guaranteed to be a long night, with a lot of important main event level matches, so I wouldn’t have blamed them for going a little shorter with the opener. Still, these two brought it and the finish worked well. I could’ve done without the overly cute small package rolling spot, it just felt a little too unbelievable, Even still, a very good opener that kept the crowd wholly engaged throughout and set the tone for what’s sure to be an excellent night of wrestling.)

(2) THE LUCHA BROS (c, Penta El Zero M & Ray Fenix, w/ Alex Abrahantes) vs. FTR (Dax Harwood & Cash Wheeler, w/ Tully Blanchard) – AEW World Tag Team Championship match

WINNERS: The Lucha Bros in 18:37 to retain the AEW World Tag Team Championships
(Really good match between two excellent teams. The Lucha Bros continue to be one of the most consistently entertaining tag teams in wrestling, while FTR prove to be excellent foils to just about any babyfaces. Plenty of creative spots, fast and furious action, and crazy near falls. The finish was a bit convoluted, but Excalibur did a great job explaining that FTR wanted to use the masks to try to confuse the tag champions and steal a victory. Instead, it cost them, allowing the Lucha Bros to pin Cash Wheeler, who wasn’t the legal man. Though complicated, I loved the acknowledgement from the announcers and the way they helped tie the visuals in the ring together. That’s exactly what a commentary team should aim to do.)

(3) MIRO vs. BRYAN DANIELSON – Title Contender Eliminator Tournament Finals
WINNER: Bryan Danielson in 19:59, new #1 contender for the AEW World Championship
(Excellent match. Bryan Danielson worked his first match as the underdog in AEW to tremendous success. Miro is an excellent striker and believable monster heel, completely dominating Bryan throughout much of the match and forcing creative use of holds, strikes, and finisher attempts. The finish was creative, and, in line with recent Danielson matches, unexpected. Bryan just keeps putting on clinic after clinic with a variety of opponent, proving he’s still one of the absolute best in the world. These two were once as synonymous as could be with WWE, and tonight, they went out there and had a match WWE would never dare to have, with tremendous results.)

(4) THE SUPER KLIQ (Matt Jackson & Nick Jackson & Adam Cole w/ Brandon Cutler) vs. CHRISTIAN CAGE & JURASSIC EXPRESS (Jungle Boy & Luchasaurus) – Six-Man Tag Team Falls Count Anywhere match

WINNERS: Christian Cage & Jurassic Express in 22:20
(A wild one. Fast, furious, and at times, dangerous. Spot after spot after spot that had the crowd in a complete frenzy from opening to closing bell. Generally speaking, this isn’t my kind of Bucks match. I like it when they’re a bit more reigned in, but I can’t say this wasn’t a ton of fun. I think they may have gone a little too far with the near falls and constant kick outs. Even the announcers seemed to be a little worn out, seemingly throwing up their hands because no one could get anything resembling an advantage. You sort of expect this kind of layout in these big AEW Pay-Per-View matches, and while it may not always be my style, there’s no question that the crowd ate up every second.)

(5) ANDRADE EL IDOLO (w/ Jose Garcia ) & MALAKAI BLACK vs. “THE BASTARD” PAC & CODY RHODES (w/ Arn Anderson)

WINNERS: Pac & Cody Rhodes in 16:52
(Good match, even though it almost felt like it was supposed to serve as a bit of a comedown. I’m not a fan of seemingly random pairings, though AEW did a good job getting these four into a position where it made some sense as to why they’d team up. They want incredibly heavy-handed with the tease of dissension between both teams, but wound up paying off neither scenario. The fans’ continued displeasure with Cody Rhodes was on full display – it’s getting increasingly harder to justify keeping the guy babyface, especially being one the only character’s AEW has who’s designation does not line up with the fan’s perception. I think El Idolo and Black would’ve been better served winning this one, given their stronger allegiance and the need to keep both guys strong moving forward. As a result, I’m not quite as high on this one as I have been the rest of the matches thus far, but it was still a fun ride.)

(6) DR. BRITT BAKER (c, w/ Jamie Hayter & Rebel) vs. TAY CONTI – AEW Women’s World Championship match

WINNER: Britt Baker in 15:16 to retain the AEW Women’s World Championship
(Good match. I think this was one of the better wrestled AEW Women’s title matches to date. Tay Conti is a strong worker who has come on strong in AEW after WWE failed to utilize her. She’s proven to be a valuable commodity in a division that has been in need of stand-out starts outside of Britt Baker. For her part, Baker played the heel foil well, utilizing Rebel and Hayter sparingly but effectively. The moonsault to take them out of the fight was a nice touch, and though it mostly missed, I liked the idea of giving Conti new hope by effectively eliminating them from the conversation. I like the roll up finish, too. It keeps Conti strong as a potential challenger again in the future, while showing Baker’s resourcefulness as a heel champion.)

(6) EDDIE KINGSTON vs. C.M. PUNK

WINNER: C.M. Punk in 11:07
(Oh man, did this deliver. I’d wondered how they’d approach this match, given the animosity they managed to build in the last couple of weeks. They succeeded by just going all out in a hard hitting, killer brawl that earned every second of it’s 11:07. As the shortest match of the night, this somehow felt like it couldn’t have gone a minute longer. These two beat the living hell out of each other. This went exactly as it should have – Kingston beat the living hell out of Punk, made him bleed, took his pound of flesh, but couldn’t get it done in the end. Punk is too important a commodity right now to lose this match. Kingston is a great feel good story, and undoubtedly a wonderful hand to have around, but this is the right spot for him. Punk weathered the storm of a crowd that was incredibly excited to cheer for Eddie, and managed to come out still looking like the babyface by offering his hand to Kingston at the end of the match. Eddie’s refusal works for me, too. He’s a proud man who beat Punk up badly, but didn’t come out on top, and that hurts him. This was a great short term story with an excellent, bloody payoff. Just excellent all the way around, and quite easily Punk’s best AEW match to date.)

(7) MEN OF THE YEAR (Scorpio Sky & Ethan Page) & AMERICAN TOP TEAM (Dan Lambert & Junior Dos Santos & Andrei Arlovski) vs. THE INNER CIRCLE (Chris Jericho & Jack Hager & Sammy Guevara & Santana & Ortiz) – Minneapolis Street Fight

WINNERS: The Inner Circle in 19:37
(This felt rather bloated, given the length of the show already and the incredible pace they’ve been maintaining all night. This feud has been fine, though I do consider it to be a weak spot on AEW’s weekly TV for the most part. The Inner Circle has sort of ran its course for me, and I find that everyone involved is more interesting when they’re doing their own thing. It served its purpose, and the crowd popped for the Minneapolis-themed gimmicks and weapons, but I think they would’ve been better served shaving some time off.)

(8) KENNY OMEGA (c, w/ Don Callis) vs. “HANGMAN” ADAM PAGE – AEW World Championship match

WINNER: Adam Page in 25:10 to win the AEW World Championship
(What a story. It’s quite incredible to say that I don’t think this was even the best match of the night, but on a card so loaded from top to bottom with excellent matches, it didn’t need to be. It needed to tell the story of Kenny Omega and Adam Page, which has been beautifully crafted and executed by AEW for well over a year. While I was very much of the mindset that Omega could’ve gone plenty more months with the World Title, once this match was booked, they simply had to pay it off. Page wrestled for the title in the company’s first Pay-Per-View and came up short. He worked his way through the undercard, then the tag division, and then went on a journey of self-discovery and redemption. At Full Gear 2020, Page lost to Kenny Omega in the finals of the title eliminator tournament. On the one year anniversary of that match, Page returns to the same stage against the same opponent and comes full circle by winning the title that escaped him for over two years. It’s such a simple and concise pro wrestling story, but one that will always work if you sell it right. AEW undoubtedly did, to tremendous results.
Omega’s demeanor coming in the match was strong – he was overly cocky, believing he knew Page in and out and couldn’t possibly lose to him. Page’s extended entrance was well produced, well executed and well received by a crowd ready and eager for his entrance. Page sold the intensity of the moment perfectly. Callis’ involvement early was a great way to take the audience’s mind off of Page’s backstage run-in with the Bucks. It made their appearance late in the match all that much more impactful. So much of this match, and really, this feud, is just pro wrestling 101 executed at the highest of levels. Bravo to Omega, Page, and AEW.)

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member

NJPW Battle in the Valley Results: 11-13-21

Announcers: Kevin Kelly and Alex Kozlov
  • Josh Alexander defeated Yuya Uemura
  • Bateman & Misterioso defeated Brody King & Chris Dickinson
  • Fred Rosser, David Finlay, Rocky Romero, Alex Coughlin, and Alex Zayne defeated Tom Lawlor, JR Kratos, Danny Limelight, Royce Isaacs, and Jorel Nelson
  • Clark Connors & Karl Fredricks defeated Jeff Cobb & TJP
  • Will Ospreay defeated Ren Narita
  • Moose defeated Juice Robinson
  • Kazuchika Okada defeated Buddy Matthews
  • Tomohiro Ishii vs. Jay White – Never Openweight Championship
*Will Ospreay confronted Kazuchika Okada and laid out a challenge for Wrestle Kingdom night two

**Jonah, formally known as Bronson Reed in WWE, made his New Japan debut

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
I’m watching a re-run of Hard Justice 2008 on Pluto TV. LAX v Beer Money is SO. FREAKING. GOOD.

I loved this era of TNA.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
It started as a bad joke, on how blonde trunks clad Okada looked like Jarrett at a distance.

What hath we wrought?!? Loool

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Literally 100+ WWE, ROH, MLW, and Impact wrestlers have been cut this year and this is the best card NWA can book?

NWA Worlds Heavyweight Title Match
Mike Knox vs. Trevor Murdoch (c)

NWA World Women’s Title Match
Melina vs. Kamille (c)

NWA World Television Title Match
Cyon vs. Tyrus (c)

Yikes.

famicommander

15 Year Member
'nother round of WWE releases:
John Morrison
Top Dolla
Isaiah "Swerve" Scott (Shane Strickland)
Tegan Nox
Drake Maverick (again)
Shane Torne
Jaxson Riker

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
All John Morrison did was sit crosslegged in the back looking and acting like a guru lately on Smackdown. Drake barely reappeared back on TV going after that stupid 24-7 title again.

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
It's late. I have to go to bed in a moment since I work very early tomorrow so if you want Survivor Series PPV results:

1. Go to your favorite wrestling site and read the results.
2. Watch it on the Peacock (which sounds nasty!)
3. Wait until tomorrow afternoon when I'll post the results (if I feel like it :p )
4. None of the above because WWE is hot garbage!
5. All of the above :tickled:
6. None of the above :buttrock:

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
All John Morrison did was sit crosslegged in the back looking and acting like a guru lately on Smackdown. Drake barely reappeared back on TV going after that stupid 24-7 title again.

It's a shame having Morrison and Ricochet on the same show sitting in the back doing nothing. Make some story, give them a PPV match where they can go nuts and potentially have the best match WWE will have all year. Can someone slip Vince a Lucha Underground tape?

famicommander

15 Year Member
It's a shame having Morrison and Ricochet on the same show sitting in the back doing nothing. Make some story, give them a PPV match where they can go nuts and potentially have the best match WWE will have all year. Can someone slip Vince a Lucha Underground tape?
Vince saw Lucha Underground. That's why we kept getting retarded ass cinematic matches.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Braun Strowman drowning in the swamp was such good shit, pal.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Wrestling is dead and will remain so unless ROH actually returns and doesn't suck.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Did Lucha Underground have any/many cinematic matches?

I don't remember any. Cinematic interludes, promos and backstage segments for sure. But the matches that I remember were within the "One take" confines.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Of course it is well known that Vince doesn't watch wrestling from other companies.

His minions watch other promotions and come up with ideas. They pitch them to Vince. Vince strips everything that made the idea original and effective, and puts the WWE brand on it.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Did Lucha Underground have any/many cinematic matches?

I don't remember any. Cinematic interludes, promos and backstage segments for sure. But the matches that I remember were within the "One take" confines.
They did backstage fights in the exact same manner that other promotions do cinematic matches.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Omega has vacated the AAA Mega Championship.

So after all that he didn't even drop the belt in the ring.

Impact and AAA got absolutely nothing out of Omega's title reign except having their own belts utterly shit all over repeatedly.

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
WWE Survivor Series PPV Results: 11-21-21

Results courtesy of PWTorch.com (direct link to Keller's complete report)

(A) SHINSUKE NAKAMURAS (w/Rick Boogs) vs. DAMIEN PRIEST – IC Champ vs. U.S. Champ
WINNER: Nakamura via DQ in 9:00.
(Good action in this, especially the second half. The finish made Priest look like a fool for not sticking with the attack on Nakamura when he had him down on the mat. They continue to tell the story that Priest’s temper is increasing a factor with him. Seems like it could be leading to heel turn where he’ll challenge Big E in Raw main events.)

(1) BECKY LYNCH vs. CHARLOTTE FLAIR – Raw Champion vs. Smackdown Champion
WINNER: Becky in 18:00. (****1/4)
(All things considered, since this was a match taking place because it’s November not because it was booked with intension otherwise, I didn’t expect a clean finish. The idea that Becky outsmarted Charlotte after Charlotte tried to cheat the same way made it more satisfying for Becky fans. Given that Charlotte was the one who broke from script in their controversial segments several weeks ago, I’m not surprised that politically she’d be the one booked to lose here. The was intense and compelling start to finish. It seemed stiffer than it otherwise might have been, but at this point they’re likely trying to play into people’s expectations that this could break into a “shoot” at any moment.)

(2) FINN BALOR & KEVIN OWENS & BOBBY LASHLEY & SETH ROLLINS & AUSTIN THEORY vs. SHEAMUS & HAPPY CORBIN & XAVIER WOODS & DREW MCINTYRE & JEFF HARDY – Team Raw vs. Team Smackdown
ELIMINATION: Owens via countout.
ELIMINATION: Corbin via pinfall.
ELIMINATION: Xavier via Hurt Lock.
ELIMINATIONS: Drew and Lashley via countout.
ELIMINATION: Balor via Sheamus.
ELIMINATION: Sheamus via Theory.
ELIMINATION: Theory via Hardy
ELIMINATION: Hardy via Seth.
WINNERS: Team Raw in 30:00 with Seth Rollins as the sole survivor.
(Theory got considerable attention in the match, and getting a pin on Sheamus and being in the match until near the end. The crowd was into the match pretty much start to finish. Good action and it the various eliminations weren’t predictable. Giving Hardy that much of a spotlight seemed to pay off in terms of crowd investment even if by then, Seth winning became a safe bet.)

(3) BATTLE ROYAL
WINNER: Omos in 12:00.
(The battle royal was designed to get Omos over and give him a “memorable moment” while also wedging in product placement for a pizza sponsor. The rest of the battle royal was a bit of a letdown, with very little regarding Sami Zayn who was the other storyline played up on TV going into the PPV.)

(4) THE USOS vs. RK-BRO (Randy Orton & Riddle)
WINNERS: RK-Bro in 8:00.
(Basic formulaic stuff here. Not bad, as they’re all good wrestlers and they hit their spots. But ultimately it could have been a filler TV match any given week.)

(5) BIANCA BELAIR & RHEA RIPLEY & QUEEN ZELINA & CARMELLA & LIV MORGAN vs. SASHA BANKS & SHOTZI & TONI STORM & NATALYA & SHAYNA BASZLER – Team Raw vs. Team Smackdown
It came down to Shotzi vs. Belair, and Belair won with the KOD.
WINNERS: Team Raw in 23:00.
(Clunky at times with the people you might guess. It was just too long. The show’s pushing three hours and given how little was accomplished in this match storyline-wise, it was 10 minutes too long. The crowd not being engaged in this most of the way just made it worse.)

(6) BIG E vs. ROMAN REIGNS – WWE Champion vs. Universal Champion
WINNER: Reigns in 22:00. (***)
(Okay match if it weren’t needed to give this event a lift, an event that went needlessly long at 3.5 hours of PPV time plus the Kickoff Show. They just kept it simple with the finish and had Reigns win clean. Big E is, in a way, defined down as beneath Reigns, but he already was, so in another way, just being in a PPV main event with Reigns lifted him.)

famicommander

15 Year Member
vince-mcmahon-egg.jpg

Cleopatra's golden egg.

That's totally a thing that needs to be in a wrestling show, and isn't in any way fuckin' stupid.

Hot Chocolate

No Longer Yung, No Longer Raoul,
20 Year Member
Omega has vacated the AAA Mega Championship.

So after all that he didn't even drop the belt in the ring.

Impact and AAA got absolutely nothing out of Omega's title reign except having their own belts utterly shit all over repeatedly.

I said that and people called me a hater and a WWE shill 🤷🏾‍♂️