Official A/V Thread

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
I preordered them through a friend that runs a recording studio. They're turntables not drum machines. But they're sexy as fuck

redfield0009

Sieger's Squire
Finally hooked up my Oppo 203 this weekend and I've been enjoying watching blu rays in Dolby vision with atmos all weekend like a bum

Bump just because Ive had an amazing night of drinking craft beer and listening to music. Most satisfying thing ever, really glad I started pursuing audio.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
Nothing like sitting in the dark with a nice drink a smoke and absorbing some sounds.

sr20det510

Guerilla Warrior
Bump just because Ive had an amazing night of drinking craft beer and listening to music. Most satisfying thing ever, really glad I started pursuing audio.

The best thing is being satisfied!
Tha audio bug is strong and people end up buying and selling and spending more and more trying to find perfection.

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
Is there a generally agreed upon budget TV that has a decent picture, 240p compatibility and component inputs that's still available for sale? I know there was a 32" 720p Samsung that seemed to be the consensus pick for a few years but it's long gone. Just looking for something I can hook up my old consoles to for testing and travel situations. Not looking to spend a shitload of money and, frankly, I'm not moving my CRTs around anymore unless I absolutely have to (for my back's sake as well as the tubes).

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
Is there a generally agreed upon budget TV that has a decent picture, 240p compatibility and component inputs that's still available for sale? I know there was a 32" 720p Samsung that seemed to be the consensus pick for a few years but it's long gone. Just looking for something I can hook up my old consoles to for testing and travel situations. Not looking to spend a shitload of money and, frankly, I'm not moving my CRTs around anymore unless I absolutely have to (for my back's sake as well as the tubes).

I'm not sure about 240p, but the 32" Vizio D32F-F1 has component, though it's 1080p, not 720.

So I bought a few schiit audio pieces Ive really been wanting to try: a freya+ preamp and a gungnir multibit dac, first time Ive put candy cab level money into hifi. Im very impressed, the dac in particular is like fucking wow. Enjoying the tube preamp too, looking forward to trying a bunch of other tube combos. I think Im impressed by their products enough to try monoblocking some of their aegir class A amps after I get settled into a new home. But for right now Im really enjoying my system with the new dac and pre.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
Schiit makes nice stuff, I had the Valhalla headphone amp and liked it but got rid of it because my Peachtree has a built in phono and I rarely use headphones.

Yeah my only other local buddy into hifi is into just vintage gear. So thats what ive been pursuing until now. I installed an upgrade kit on a carver c1 pre and was very shocked what just modernizing some of the components (other than caps) did and I knew I had to try some modern gear next.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member

Been busy

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member

Been busy
Slick setup, how much did the tonearms set you back?

Looking good my guy. Also thanks for making me feel better about the money ive invested.

what do you guys do for power conditioning? Ive been running an adcom 615 and a pangea audio wall socket but think it's time to step that up.

Last edited:

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
Looking good my guy. Also thanks for making me feel better about the money ive invested.

what do you guys do for power conditioning? Ive been running an adcom 615 and a pangea audio wall socket but think it's time to step that up.
I use an isotek minisub. Was about £100 used and if anything it keeps the cables tidy. Unsure if it does anything. PS Audio make some great mains related products.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
V has come to
Erm I have about £4k of old kit to sell now

Attachments

• PXL_20210815_083909760.jpg
    PXL_20210815_083909760.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 5