Official A/V Thread

joe8

margarine sandwich
15 Year Member
Gentleman, feast your eyes upon the pinnacle of 80’s aesthetic. My new baby, i swear its like brand new. No crackle in the sliders at all, and everything works perfectly. Im in love!!
View attachment 62570
So, it plays vinyl records, as well as cassette tapes?
The blue version of it seems to be hard to find.

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
So, it plays vinyl records, as well as cassette tapes?
The blue version of it seems to be hard to find.
Yep plays both. Ive also got the mic input being used like an aux input for plugging a cell phone or a mini projector’s audio into it as well. Will probably look into a wireless bluetooth to 3.5 mm adapter for it eventually.

The rare versions of this stereo are the blue set and pink set, but the pink ones have really bad yellowing these days and look terrible.

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
Hey gaiz,

I got an LP in a few months ago and haven't put it on a whole lot because it has so much static cling. It's really noisy and distracting. Any tips on how to eliminate this? I've tried holding it in one hand and holding a doorknob with the other, but that didn't do anything.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
Hey gaiz,

I got an LP in a few months ago and haven't put it on a whole lot because it has so much static cling. It's really noisy and distracting. Any tips on how to eliminate this? I've tried holding it in one hand and holding a doorknob with the other, but that didn't do anything.
Do you not own an anti-static brush? Everyone who collects vinyl should.

There are also static eliminating guns, I've never used one but hear they work well.

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
Do you not own an anti-static brush? Everyone who collects vinyl should.

There are also static eliminating guns, I've never used one but hear they work well.
Nope – this is the first time I've run into it to the point that it's a nuisance. Would this do?

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
Nope – this is the first time I've run into it to the point that it's a nuisance. Would this do?
Yeah that will work, i have one similar. That being said, having a record cleaning spray and some soft things to wipe them with is always a good thing to also have around for cleaning any rather dirty used records you might come across and buy.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
Even new records can have a lot of static and be dirty. The static attracts crud and paper chaff from the sleeves. I always clean every record I get regardless if it seems dirty.

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
Yeah that will work, i have one similar. That being said, having a record cleaning spray and some soft things to wipe them with is always a good thing to also have around for cleaning any rather dirty used records you might come across and buy.
Thanks. Oh I have a spray, velvet / microfiber brush, and needle cleaner. Those did help a little bit with the static but it’s still mostly there. I’ll usually clean everything after a play - even with the dust cover down, there’s so much cat hair everywhere.

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
Thanks. Oh I have a spray, velvet / microfiber brush, and needle cleaner. Those did help a little bit with the static but it’s still mostly there. I’ll usually clean everything after a play - even with the dust cover down, there’s so much cat hair everywhere.
Did you try washing it? If I get a record that has static I put it through my record cleaning vacuum machine and the static is gone. If you're getting it on a lot of records all the time, that's an environmental factor.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
Some slip-mats can cause static as well. If your slip-mat is always sticking to your records replace it with a better one. Cork, acrylic etc.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
I wet clean all records, including new and they go into poly lined sleeves. Then a carbon record brush and a properly grounded system - zero static

It's down to dryness of atmosphere too

blakeb8111

Edo Express Delivery Guy
92BCE5FF-0D39-41C6-97A9-38A1BCD91CFD.jpeg2D259EC3-FC6C-41CA-85E7-3063B96B8D30.jpeg
Just finished updating the viewing area in my gameroom. Originally I had a 65” Sony TV and the L/R speakers were wall mounted. This is a VAVA 4K UST laser projector with 100” ALR screen. The receiver is the Sony STR-DN1080, Sony UBPX800 4K Blu Ray player, Apple TV 4K, Klipsch RP 600 L/R, RP 500 C, Klipsch surrounds, and a Velodyne sub. I use the Harmony Elite remote to control it all. The speaker stands are Monoprice Monoliths, filled with sand.

stormy

B. Jenet's Firstmate
10 Year Member
I went all digital with no regrets and have been using a Naim Uniti Atom headphone edition for a little while now. It’s easily the best headphone experience I have ever heard. I have it paired with some Focal Clear MG’s.

Now I don’t miss loudspeakers for music anymore. :D4FE0023D-6398-4971-B8EF-B904F3E49C34.jpeg

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
I went all digital with no regrets and have been using a Naim Uniti Atom headphone edition for a little while now. It’s easily the best headphone experience I have ever heard. I have it paired with some Focal Clear MG’s.

Now I don’t miss loudspeakers for music anymore. :DView attachment 63184
Damn dude.

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
Now I don’t miss loudspeakers for music anymore. :D
Headphones are no match for even a semi decent set of speakers and amp. You’re getting detail but no soundstage.

joe8

margarine sandwich
15 Year Member
Headphones are no match for even a semi decent set of speakers and amp. You’re getting detail but no soundstage.
It can be easier to hear details on headphones, as the drivers are right next to your ears.
The left and right channels are separate, which is a different way of listening. The soundstage is inside your head.