Official A/V Thread

Hattori Hanzo

AEShole
1 Year Member
Most peeps just buy soundbars for their TV here. They are happy because it sounds better than the TV speakers. Buy a cheap AVR and slightly better boxes and your sound is already better than most peeps would ever know.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
Unless you buy a TV with good speakers in which costs a premium

Hattori Hanzo

AEShole
1 Year Member
My hobo setup is better than any TV or soundbar I heard. No one should use TV speakers or soundbars when they can afford an AVR and have the room for 5 boxes and a sub.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
I have a 2.1 setup for the TV, better than a soundbar but I don't need or want full surround.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
I have the top of the range Panasonic oled which has the equivalent of a £700 soundbar built in. Sounds great

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
I have Klipsch The Fives w/ a slim sub behind the TV stand. Bluetooth, hardwire RCA, mini din, phono RCA w/ ground screw terminal, HDMI/ARC…they are Swiss Army knife versatile and sound better than the tv speakers or either of the two sound bars I’ve had in the living room before.

They sound *way* too floaty without the sub…worth the extra scratch.IMG_9813.jpeg

Hattori Hanzo

AEShole
1 Year Member
I have the top of the range Panasonic oled which has the equivalent of a £700 soundbar built in. Sounds great
I also have a LG panel and I'm pretty happy with it.

Fuck surround, never been interested as the codecs change too much. 2ch please
Your integrated £700 soundbar isn't stereo either. It just imitates surround sound. Hope you're running a sub in your setup. Even on the back of the TV a sub improves those tiny TV/soundbar speakers.

Stereo is only the correct answer for music.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
It has a sub built in - I've never really had it at a high enough volume but the bass is fine.

Panasonic 65" LZ2000

prof

A Great Place to Store Your Dildo Collection
It has a sub built in - I've never really had it at a high enough volume but the bass is fine.

Panasonic 65" LZ2000

Since you already have a nice 2-channel music setup, you should try an external DAC for your tv audio. Your set has an optical audio output on the back. So connect that to a good DAC, and then run it into your integrated or power amp. I'm sure the tv has decent sound, but obviously your stereo setup is vastly superior. It's worth trying out if your setup/room layout allows it.

This is one of the reasons I keep the kefs in the main room along with the big hifi speakers. They take tv/movie duty, and all day low level background music duty. Keeps me from putting wear and tear on the sensitive stuff. Sounds way better than tv speakers, the hifi gear was already there etc.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
Since you already have a nice 2-channel music setup, you should try an external DAC for your tv audio. Your set has an optical audio output on the back. So connect that to a good DAC, and then run it into your integrated or power amp. I'm sure the tv has decent sound, but obviously your stereo setup is vastly superior. It's worth trying out if your setup/room layout allows it.
I've got a decent dac, but I'm not running valves on all the time just to watch TV! TV audio has never really bothered me since I listen at quite low levels

joe8

margarine sandwich
15 Year Member
I have Klipsch The Fives w/ a slim sub behind the TV stand. Bluetooth, hardwire RCA, mini din, phono RCA w/ ground screw terminal, HDMI/ARC…they are Swiss Army knife versatile and sound better than the tv speakers or either of the two sound bars I’ve had in the living room before.
Has anyone heard Klipschorn speakers?
They're a horn speaker, that's been around for a long time.

Web-Ready-Klipschorn_Walnut_Angle-Right-Grille.jpg

Web-Ready-Klipschorn_Walnut_Side-Right-Grille.jpg

Last edited:

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
Has anyone heard Klipschorn speakers?
They're a horn speaker, that's been around for a long time.
In short, no…but I’ve never been a huge fan of horn speakers, or Klipsch products.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
I've got a decent dac, but I'm not running valves on all the time just to watch TV! TV audio has never really bothered me since I listen at quite low levels
Something interesting about my newer Denon receiver. It has a low volume mode where it does a really good with TV shows.

Now, if the fuckers mixing modern shows will stop making the dialog so goddamn quiet…

prof

A Great Place to Store Your Dildo Collection
If you really want to short circuit your cpu, @joeGPT, look up the Klipsch Jubilee. I just hope that it doesn't cause your mobo to catch fire. Good luck.