Official Concert Thread: who have you seen lately?

Tw3ek

69Vapelord420
10 Year Member
It's hilarious, there's a lot of folks here who could talk metal for hours......if only they could stand you for more than 20 seconds

Tw3ek

69Vapelord420
10 Year Member
Then they are as metal as aluminum foil. I go to shows to legally beat the shit out of people in the pits anyway.

Don't worry, nobody was under any false assumptions that you're any more enjoyable to be around in real life than you are online

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
I have the entire DSP catalog on MiniDisc.

*hipster achievement unlocked!*

Neorebel

Viewpoint Vigilante
Went to Afterlife at the Brooklyn Mirage yesterday. Seeing Infest & Converge in 2 weeks. I have a pretty varied taste in music...

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
I saw Cave In three times last month.

This past weekend, I went to Every Time I Die's 'TID the Season in Buffalo. I skipped the first day, so on the second day I saw:
Cave In (for a fourth time)
The Get Up Kids
Ghostface Killah (yup)
Glassjaw
Every Time I Die

The whole place was going nuts for ETID - Buffalo is their hometown. And around town people would ask me, "You going to the show?" They had that crazy guy in the Bufflo Bills YouTube clip introduce the band. It was a wild night.

Cornerb0y

Krauser's Henchman
I saw Cave In three times last month.

This past weekend, I went to Every Time I Die's 'TID the Season in Buffalo. I skipped the first day, so on the second day I saw:
Cave In (for a fourth time)
The Get Up Kids
Ghostface Killah (yup)
Glassjaw
Every Time I Die

The whole place was going nuts for ETID - Buffalo is their hometown. And around town people would ask me, "You going to the show?" They had that crazy guy in the Bufflo Bills YouTube clip introduce the band. It was a wild night.

I saw Cave In for the second time ever in Dallas. Hadn't seen them since Tides of Tomorrow was released, and I might have cried a little bit. Haha, I got the set list from Steve.

gusmoney

Unsure if You Asked, For a custom Rank, But Hell,
10 Year Member
The GZA for the twenty-fifth anniversary of Liquid Swords.

The second time I have seen him do this album in its entirety.

Burning Blade

Crazed MVS Addict
Saw Com Truise and Gost a few weeks ago in SF. Took a shit on the sidewalk bc when in Rome right!

oldschool

Cock Killer with Ice D,
To any hip-hop dudes, do you suppose the Fatlip & Slimkid 3 tour is worth a purchase if my chick were already a big Pharcyde fan?

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Saturday night and the Priest is back! Judas Priest, that is. Well, most of them anyway. Went to the Warlando festival today, mainly to see Sabaton and JP. Great show but it's not quite the same without the Tipton/Downing twin guitar attack. Halford's voice has lost some punch since I saw them last but they get an A for effort and the setlist had some hidden gems. Sabaton were excellent as usual. Highly recommend checking them out if you enjoy power metal. Soulfly were also playing but I didn't get there in time.

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
Who got Cure tickets?

Relatedly, who paid more in TM fees than in ticket costs?

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
unwound tonight and tomorrow night, last two shows of the tour! The Union Transfer venue in Philly, used to be a Spaghetti Warehouse and was my wife and mines 2nd ever date.

We’ve seen Dinosaur Jr, tune-yards, Drive Like Jehu, Hot Snakes, Mudhoney, and tons more at this venue.

Nothing is going to top unwound, though.

Literally cannot believe this is happening; 1st tour in 21 years and with their bassist passing away last year (RIP Vern Rumsey) there was a snowball’s chance in hell of this happening.

Turns out, the guy Vern taught to play bass (Jared from K.A.R.P./BigBusiness/the Melvins) is filling in. This will be like a wake.
I’ve got goosebumps typing this, and will be crying like schoolchildren watching The Beatles on Ed Sullivan Show in no time.

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
unwound tonight and tomorrow night, last two shows of the tour! The Union Transfer venue in Philly, used to be a Spaghetti Warehouse and was my wife and mines 2nd ever date.

We’ve seen Dinosaur Jr, tune-yards, Drive Like Jehu, Hot Snakes, Mudhoney, and tons more at this venue.

Nothing is going to top unwound, though.

Literally cannot believe this is happening; 1st tour in 21 years and with their bassist passing away last year (RIP Vern Rumsey) there was a snowball’s chance in hell of this happening.

Turns out, the guy Vern taught to play bass (Jared from K.A.R.P./BigBusiness/the Melvins) is filling in. This will be like a wake.
I’ve got goosebumps typing this, and will be crying like schoolchildren watching The Beatles on Ed Sullivan Show in no time.
You ever see this doc?

Tung Fu ru

Actual Musician,
20 Year Member
Who got Cure tickets?

I saw them last time they were in St. Paul, in 2016. I bought tickets on Stub Hub the day of, they were selling tickets for as cheap as $15. So I bought a $35 ticket and met up with some friends before and after the show. Holy shit was it great! They played for over three hours and stuff from all over their catalog. I saw this year, the ticket prices are not quite as cheap. I consider myself lucky.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
You ever see this doc?

Yup, and I’m in it! Scott, their drummer was an absolute force of nature and a dear friend. I miss him everyday.

The entire band never got their due; possibly one of the heaviest ever. Collapsing Neutron Star heavy.

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
Yup, and I’m in it! Scott, their drummer was an absolute force of nature and a dear friend. I miss him everyday.

The entire band never got their due; possibly one of the heaviest ever. Collapsing Neutron Star heavy.
I’ll have to watch it again and keep my eyes out for you.

I have Mustaches Wild, have to say it is a departure from most of Kreccords other music at the time.

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
I saw them last time they were in St. Paul, in 2016. I bought tickets on Stub Hub the day of, they were selling tickets for as cheap as $15. So I bought a $35 ticket and met up with some friends before and after the show. Holy shit was it great! They played for over three hours and stuff from all over their catalog. I saw this year, the ticket prices are not quite as cheap. I consider myself lucky.
I can’t wait. AFAIK Robert negotiated with Ticketmaster for $20 cheap seats, no surge pricing, and no scalping. I got the closest seated section to the stage and they were just $40. Pretty surprised by that. My shitty way back seats to New Order were double that!

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Who got Cure tickets?

I'm sure you've heard of it, but supposedly Ticketmaster's true purpose is to play the role of the bad guy so everyone gets a bigger cut. Maybe hearsay but I believe it.

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
I'm sure you've heard of it, but supposedly Ticketmaster's true purpose is to play the role of the bad guy so everyone gets a bigger cut. Maybe hearsay but I believe it.
I hadn't heard that. That's more of a Morrissey move than a Robert move, IMO.