OFFICIAL N-G.com Star Trek Thread

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
I’m not especially interested in The Orville but I’ll probably binge the series once it comes to a conclusion in a few years. It’s on Hulu?

Hulu has been the streaming service I’ve been least interested in (well that and HBOMax now that GoT is over - though I did like True Detective S1 and Westworld S1.)

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
We got hulu for a free month so we could watch something I've already forgotten. And they had fuck all. Completely worthless service now.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Likewise I can’t even remember what was on Hulu that I watched.

Fargo - maybe? Fargo is a great damn television.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
I’m not especially interested in The Orville but I’ll probably binge the series once it comes to a conclusion in a few years. It’s on Hulu?

Hulu has been the streaming service I’ve been least interested in (well that and HBOMax now that GoT is over - though I did like True Detective S1 and Westworld S1.)
Its on Hulu, yes. But good luck getting the shit to actually play. Some kind of PDev error that wont go away, and Hulu's answer is "shrug."

I fired em and have just been downloading shows like I used to. Although evidently the Orville is moving to D+ sometime soon. No idea why.

joe8

margarine sandwich
15 Year Member
Its on Hulu, yes. But good luck getting the shit to actually play. Some kind of PDev error that wont go away, and Hulu's answer is "shrug."

I fired em and have just been downloading shows like I used to. Although evidently the Orville is moving to D+ sometime soon. No idea why.
The Hulu streaming service is owned by Disney.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
So evidently there is to be a Strange New Worlds and Lower Decks crossover ep. Jack Quaid and the gal that voices Mariner appeared on stage at the SNW panel and Anson Mount talked about it. Mariner and Boimler will be played by their voice actors (in live action, obvs) in the episode.

That'll be cool. Obviously there will be some time travel involved here.
Two things kind of bug me about that.

1. It makes Lower Decks canon, which with how absurd the show is, it cheapens the series. It's more fun and better served as a wacky satire that's on it's own non-canon island.
2. If they do an SNW episode like Lower Decks, I worry it may cheapen that series as well.

Oh well, whatever happens, it's still just fantasy.

Discovery is getting a 5th season and I hope that SNW's success and style carries over to Discovery. Less "fate of the entire galaxy" season long arcs, blue and orange everything, and weird shaky cam/dutch angles. More natural colors, stable cam, and episodes that can exist on their own without cliffhangers every week and the stakes being absolutely massive.

mainman

CPS2 Person.,
20 Year Member
Worf is still a commander compliment of the time he went off mission on DS9 and was severely reprimanded. Geordi is supposedly a freckin Commodore, haven't seen that rank used in a long while.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
It makes Lower Decks canon,

Lower Decks has always been canon. TNG characters have popped up on it like Tamarians, Pakleds, references to OG Trek, Janeway, Chakotay, and innumerable references to TNG. Always has been canon, there was no confusion on that point.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
Yeah, it was always canon…but I mean that’s whatever.
Also, I dont see how LD would cheapen SNW. I mean - SNW did have that fantasy episode with the Doc's daughter and Anson Mount acted like a complete idiot the whole time, it was glorious.

If the LD crossover is funny like that, I'm all in.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
If it’s like the DS9 trouble with Trimble episode then im fine. Im okay with an episode now and then that doesn’t further any plot or character development if it’s a comedy episode.

Fygee

20 Year Member
Also, I dont see how LD would cheapen SNW. I mean - SNW did have that fantasy episode with the Doc's daughter and Anson Mount acted like a complete idiot the whole time, it was glorious.

If the LD crossover is funny like that, I'm all in.
It can work as long as the angle/story makes sense, but I'm hesitant.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
I hope the episode is from the perspective of Mariner and Boimler kind of like the TNG lower decks episode. Like stuff is going on and the whole crew is there (Pike et al) but it's those two doing their usual silly shit.

Fygee

20 Year Member
You know what they should do?

An episode with the exact same premise as the last episode of Enterprise.

Boimler and Mariner using a holodeck simulation of Pike era Enterprise to help them figure out how to go about a dilemma. Just crank that troll knob to 11.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
You know what they should do?

An episode with the exact same premise as the last episode of Enterprise.

Boimler and Mariner using a holodeck simulation of Pike era Enterprise to help them figure out how to go about a dilemma. Just crank that troll knob to 11.

I like that idea actually.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
I hope in Picard S3 Worf is captain of the enterprise but I don’t think that’s gonna happen.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
Damn. She was awesome. Her introduction in OG Trek where she's dancing while Spock is checking her out is... in a word... hot.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Spock - dead
Scotty - dead
Uhura - dead
Bones - dead
Chapel - dead
Rand - dead

Just Kirk, Sulu, and Chekov left alive.

Not Trek related, but basketball legend Bill Russell also died today at age 88.

I got in the car earlier today and they were talking a lot about Willy Mays so I was worried he'd died too, but no, thankfully he's still alive.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Shatner seems to be doing well for 91. George Takei and Walter Koening are both in their 80s.

Truly will be the end of an era when they all pass.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Shatner seems to be doing well for 91. George Takei and Walter Koening are both in their 80s.

Truly will be the end of an era when they all pass.
Then we start checking off the names from TNG cast.

I think they're all still alive? At least the actual crew of the ship:
Picard - 82
Riker - 69
La Forge - 65
Yar - 64
Worf - 69
Beverly - 73
Pulaski - 83
Troi - 67
Data - 73
Wesley - 50
Keiko - 64