OFFICIAL N-G.com Star Trek Thread

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
Holy shit, I had no idea so many of them were that old!

mainman

CPS2 Person.,
20 Year Member
Then we start checking off the names from TNG cast.

I think they're all still alive? At least the actual crew of the ship:
Picard - 82
Riker - 69
La Forge - 65
Yar - 64
Worf - 69
Beverly - 73
Pulaski - 83
Troi - 67
Data - 73
Wesley - 50
Keiko - 64
O'Brien - 69
Guinan - 66
Barclay - 74
Ogawa - 68
We lost from TNG
Lursa/Barbara March
Tomalak/Andreas Katsulas

We lost from DS9
Odo/Rene Auberjonois
Nog/Aron Eisenberg

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
She was awful but I'd still take her over Barclay ten times out of ten.
dude wwwwhat?

Man Barclay is one of the most endearing TNG characters! Dwight Schultz played him awesome, even on Voyager! Barclay was even instrumental in getting Voyager home!

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
dude wwwwhat?

Man Barclay is one of the most endearing TNG characters! Dwight Schultz played him awesome, even on Voyager! Barclay was even instrumental in getting Voyager home!
Voyager fucking sucked anyway and Barclay is among the worst characters in all of Trek.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Damn Will Wheaton is 50? He is looking excellent these days.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Barclays is the shit.

Voyager fucking sucked anyway and Barclay is among the worst characters in all of Trek.

And yet somehow Discovery is worse. That doesn't make Voyager good in comparison, but yeesh. Mr. Saru from Discovery, however, is better than all Voyager characters.

Last edited:

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
Damn Will Wheaton is 50? He is looking excellent these days.
He's now 3 years older than Pat Stew was when TNG first premiered.

My brain can't processes that all of the TNG cast are pushing or past 70. True for a decent chunk of DS9 too.

Sad to see Nichelle pass, but the poor woman has been suffering for dementia from a while and there's some comfort in knowing such a legend will no longer have to.

Last edited:

Fygee

20 Year Member
Star Trek day yesterday.

New trailer for Picard Season 3, featuring what's believed to be the USS Titan. It looks like an odd but interesting mesh of the TMP Enterprise and an angular Excelsior. Premieres February next year.

Carol Kane was cast as the new chief engineer on Strange New Worlds.

Lower Decks season 3 started a couple weeks ago. Haven't watched it yet.

4K Blu-rays for the first 6 movies were released a few days ago. TMP has the newly restored Director's Cut, which is freaking gorgeous and makes the movie a lot better. II and VI both have their Director's cuts as well, for the first time in HD/4K. I ordered them all except for V, because it's V and it's total butt.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
I thought Riker previously commanded the Titan or is this a new version?

Picard has been lackluster overall but I am HYPED to see this. I will resub to Paramount+ when it drops.

I wonder how Seven finally got in to Starfleet?

I will inevitably be disappointed. I hope Worf is badass in this. I enjoyed his DS9 arc.

Fygee

20 Year Member
He did. It's unknown if this is supposed to be the same ship, or the Titan-A.

Same for me. Really hyped, but season 2 was a let down, and season 3 was filmed immediately after season 2 filming ended so I'm also hesistant.

Seven was commissioned by Picard at the very end of season 2. Now that he's back in Starfleet as a full on high level admiral, he could do that.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Picard has been lackluster overall but I am HYPED to see this.
I'm hyped they are committed to ending it with season 3.

Rewatched Nemesis last week. Still garbage. Somehow I'd forgotten Tom Hardy played Picard's clone. Or maybe the last time I'd watched Nemesis, I didn't know who Tom Hardy was yet. Crazy how his career started with campy, brainless garbage like Nemesis, then he clawed his way to success and respect as an actual actor in big, legit, well-regarded films, and now he's back to fucking garbage with those Venom movies. What a career arc. He needs to fire his agent and get back into real movies again before he finds himself co-starring with Cuba Gooding Jr and Lou Diamond Philips in Mega-Baraccuda vs. Robot Jellyfish.

Fygee

20 Year Member
Nemesis freaking kills me because there was so much footage left on the cutting room floor that would have made it at least decent. Lots of good character moments and bits of story to break up all the pew-pew action and give some meaning to it all. None of that changes that stupid as fuck dune buggy and Shinzon mentally raping Troi, but still.

That movie needs a director's cut more than any other in the franchise, especially now that TMP got it's Director's Cut redone in 4K.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
Final Frontier still sucks worse than Nemesis, somehow.

Final Frontier sucks more than The Last Jedi, my dude.

I know those are harsh ass words, but FF was so bad. At least they made up for it with Undiscovered Country.