Official NG.com Dune: Part One Thread

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Has it opened in those countries listed or are those ticket presale numbers?
It has opened in those countries. No movie in history could do 117 million in presales in those markets.

Presales for the US have Dune opening in the 35-45 million dollar range right now, but there's still two weeks so it could change. Premium and large format screens (Imax, Dolby, RealD, RDX, etc) are doing absurdly good numbers but HBO Max will likely cut the long term legs out from under it.

The best opening for any HBO Max day 1 release so far was 32 million for Godzilla vs Kong, which finished up at about 101 million domestically and 467 million worldwide on a 165 million dollar budget, which is the same budget as Dune.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
Arrow released beautiful 4k UHD editions of them both this year.
20211010-112125.jpg
Can someone please ban this guy?

You have two movies that start with D in the R section?

BAN PLS

famicommander

15 Year Member

Sean Young (Chani from David Lynch's Dune) is in this lol

They were trying to get this out before Dune Part One but they failed, it won't release until a few weeks later.

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member

Sean Young (Chani from David Lynch's Dune) is in this lol

They were trying to get this out before Dune Part One but they failed, it won't release until a few weeks later.

The chicks are pretty cute, the lesbian sex scene should be nice.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
It has opened in those countries. No movie in history could do 117 million in presales in those markets.

Presales for the US have Dune opening in the 35-45 million dollar range right now, but there's still two weeks so it could change. Premium and large format screens (Imax, Dolby, RealD, RDX, etc) are doing absurdly good numbers but HBO Max will likely cut the long term legs out from under it.

The best opening for any HBO Max day 1 release so far was 32 million for Godzilla vs Kong, which finished up at about 101 million domestically and 467 million worldwide on a 165 million dollar budget, which is the same budget as Dune.
Hey homie when is my China release date Thanks mate

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
Just wanted to say, i finished reading the first Dune book about a week ago at work. Even being paid to read it, it still sucked. Boring Super male who can do no wrong vibe. Dont need to read the next 2 books (already been told to skip the next 3 after that because who cares about a sandworm) to know good wins and evil loses. I guess it influenced shit blah blah. When every other sentence is beyond ambiguous, it gets real cut and paste.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Hey homie when is my China release date Thanks mate
October 22 is when it releases in the US and China.

By that point it will be out everywhere in the world except Australia and New Zealand, who both have to wait until December for some reason.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Just wanted to say, i finished reading the first Dune book about a week ago at work. Even being paid to read it, it still sucked. Boring Super male who can do no wrong vibe. Dont need to read the next 2 books (already been told to skip the next 3 after that because who cares about a sandworm) to know good wins and evil loses. I guess it influenced shit blah blah. When every other sentence is beyond ambiguous, it gets real cut and paste.
He knowingly starts a jihad that kills 60 billion people by fitting himself into a messiah myth his mother's fanatical order of eugenics-obsessed shadow government influencers spent centuries manufacturing to exploit a native population. Then he fucks off into the desert leaving the responsibility on his teenage sister and infant twin children to fix his mess because he doesn't want to pay the personal cost fixing it will require.

"The bottom line of the Dune trilogy is: beware of heroes. Much better [to] rely on your own judgment, and your own mistakes." - Frank Herbert, 1979

"Dune was aimed at this whole idea of the infallible leader because my view of history says that mistakes made by a leader (or made in a leader's name) are amplified by the numbers who follow without question." - Frank Herbert, 1985

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
When will they tell the story of the never bathed desert poon? It is positively enough to kill any mortal man once the stillsuit is removed.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
He knowingly starts a jihad that kills 60 billion people by fitting himself into a messiah myth his mother's fanatical order of eugenics-obsessed shadow government influencers spent centuries manufacturing to exploit a native population. Then he fucks off into the desert leaving the responsibility on his teenage sister and infant twin children to fix his mess because he doesn't want to pay the personal cost fixing it will require.

"The bottom line of the Dune trilogy is: beware of heroes. Much better [to] rely on your own judgment, and your own mistakes." - Frank Herbert, 1979

"Dune was aimed at this whole idea of the infallible leader because my view of history says that mistakes made by a leader (or made in a leader's name) are amplified by the numbers who follow without question." - Frank Herbert, 1985
Based and There Are No Heroes-pilled.

SML

NEANDERTHAL FUCKER,
20 Year Member
Sihaya has called a big one (and that's not good :()