Official NG.com Dune: Part One Thread

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
When will they tell the story of the never bathed desert poon? It is positively enough to kill any mortal man once the stillsuit is removed.

I was at a punk show one time, and the band playing was this sorta crust/street/oi punk combo (naturally fucking terrible), and the singer was a girl who was clearly in her late 40s (no really) and she looked like she was probably cute in her 20s? But she looked like she hadn't bathed in about 27 years. My buddy took one look at her when they took the stage and he said "Man, she looks like her pussy stinks."

I had a hearty guffaw and then we left.

kingcuckmelon1

War Room Troll
Been waiting for it since this time last year. Loved Lynches one, this one will be great. Hopefully they make part 2 and then Children of Dune

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Been waiting for it since this time last year. Loved Lynches one, this one will be great. Hopefully they make part 2 and then Children of Dune
Children of Dune would be fourth if they get that far.
Dune: Part One
Dune: Part Two
Dune Messiah
Children of Dune

Although Villeneuve has said he wants to stop after Messiah.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Dune is now certified fresh at Rotten Tomatoes. 90% based on 89 reviews with an average score of 8.0/10.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
I don’t even think we need Dune Messiah. Just do the first book and move on.

2D_mastur

Is he greater than XD Master?
10 Year Member
Arrow released beautiful 4k UHD editions of them both this year.
20211010-112125.jpg
Watch those fucking movies, collectard.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
I enjoyed the David Lynch movie. It's not the best movie by any stretch of the imagination, but I like the set design and crazy Sting. Visually it's a nice movie for the time.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member

Sean Young (Chani from David Lynch's Dune) is in this lol

They were trying to get this out before Dune Part One but they failed, it won't release until a few weeks later.

looks so much better than the HBO movie

famicommander

15 Year Member
I enjoyed the David Lynch movie. It's not the best movie by any stretch of the imagination, but I like the set design and crazy Sting. Visually it's a nice movie for the time.

Visually it gets absolutely shit on by its contemporaries like Aliens, Blade Runner, Return of the Jedi, etc.

The Sardaukar look like they're wearing Hefty bags.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
Visually it gets absolutely shit on by its contemporaries like Aliens, Blade Runner, Return of the Jedi, etc.

The Sardaukar look like they're wearing Hefty bags.

I'm going to make a prediction, David Lynch's movie will go down as the best Dune movie ever

After Planet Dune, of course

famicommander

15 Year Member
I'm going to make a prediction, David Lynch's movie will go down as the best Dune movie ever

After Planet Dune, of course
By what metric?

Because reviews-wise, Lynch's movie got shit on. And box office-wise, Lynch's movie got shit on. And audience reaction-wise, Lynch's movie got shit on.

Even David Lynch hates that movie. The lady who played Lady Jessica said she knew they were absolutely fucked when she saw the film for the first time and it started with 15 minutes of exposition dumps spoken directly to the camera.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Dune: The Boardgame is quite well regarded. I think it ended up getting an authorized reprint/updated version in the last few years.

There was a rethemed rerelease years ago (set in a different sci fi setting) when they got the rights to the games mechanics but not the Dune material.

By all accounts Dune the board game is better than Lynch’s Dune film.

Anyone play the Dune video game back in the day?

famicommander

15 Year Member
Anyone play the Dune video game back in the day?
The first two Dune games were extremely influential. Between them they started many of the genre conventions in the RTS and WRPG genres (Dune II was essentially the first Command and Conquer, while the other Dune game started many of the dialog tree formats you'd later see in Bioware games).

Then Dune 2000 is a remake of Dune II, which got an expansion of its own.

The last Dune game sucked, though. It was a tie in to the Sci-Fi Channel miniseries.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
The first two Dune games were extremely influential. Between them they started many of the genre conventions in the RTS and WRPG genres (Dune II was essentially the first Command and Conquer, while the other Dune game started many of the dialog tree formats you'd later see in Bioware games).

Then Dune 2000 is a remake of Dune II, which got an expansion of its own.

The last Dune game sucked, though. It was a tie in to the Sci-Fi Channel miniseries.
You must be exhausting to be around.

You told us you only discovered Dune not all that long ago, yet in a short time, you've gone all-in like a psycho and made yourself an "expert" on every terrible version of every worthless piece of media or merchandise related to Dune. Plus, your apparently full time job as gatekeepter for the franchise. I don't know how the people around you bear it.

famicommander

15 Year Member
You must be exhausting to be around.

You told us you only discovered Dune not all that long ago, yet in a short time, you've gone all-in like a psycho and made yourself an "expert" on every terrible version of every worthless piece of media or merchandise related to Dune. Plus, your apparently full time job as gatekeepter for the franchise. I don't know how the people around you bear it.
Not as exhausting as it must be to be around someone who's mad at everything, everywhere, all the time
i-will-not-have-a-nice-day.gif

smokehousekid

I guess living in Japan you never have to worry about your neighbors buying a bigger house than you, at least

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
I wonder what it would be like to be in the same room as famicommander and STK at the same time.