Official NG.com Dune: Part One Thread

prof

A Great Place to Store Your Dildo Collection
Watch those fucking movies, collectard.
Literally boiled my p1ss seeing that photo
You sure are a couple of nice fellas. I often keep the shrink on my media and open the side or bottom with a razor. Although I'm sure that will probably set you off as well. Haha

Someone made a joke about a desert movie double feature with Dune and Tremors, and I was like, ha, I actually have the new editions of both of those and snapped a pic. So I suppose I had it coming.

Last edited:

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Bold of you to assume he talks about Dune in real life. That's why he does it here.
Generous of you to assume he can turn it off. Look how easily he gets triggered. You say one little thing and he posts a new annotated dissertation with pics and links. And he talks about the new movie like he's defending his child.

basic

back to basics
15 Year Member
it seems the Discovery Channel started a new spin off show called Naked and Afraid of Love. i am seriously considering watching this show.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
The first two Dune games were extremely influential. Between them they started many of the genre conventions in the RTS and WRPG genres (Dune II was essentially the first Command and Conquer, while the other Dune game started many of the dialog tree formats you'd later see in Bioware games).

Then Dune 2000 is a remake of Dune II, which got an expansion of its own.

The last Dune game sucked, though. It was a tie in to the Sci-Fi Channel miniseries.
>doesn't even mention Emperor: Battle for Dune

Retard.

Burning Fight!!

NIS America fan & Rent Free tenant
10 Year Member
I wanted some white noise while doing work last night and I ended up finding that Lynch's Dune was on Netflix. I still think it's a cool movie despite the huge flaws, but I usually lose interest after Agent Cooper of Atreides meets the fremen underground, and that's what happened yesterday.

I wonder what could have been if Lynch had more room to work his weird ideas into a 2+ hour movie, and a bit more budget.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I wanted some white noise while doing work last night and I ended up finding that Lynch's Dune was on Netflix. I still think it's a cool movie despite the huge flaws, but I usually lose interest after Agent Cooper of Atreides meets the fremen underground, and that's what happened yesterday.

I wonder what could have been if Lynch had more room to work his weird ideas into a 2+ hour movie, and a bit more budget.
The Spice Diver cut explores that

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Did I read Dune will release on HBO Max the day before the American release?

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
I usually lose interest after Agent Cooper of Atreides meets the fremen underground,
Well, good news! The new movie ends right there, with no end for the story. Barely any middle even, really. 2 hours of nothing but set up! Plus added fluff that's not in the novel to kill time. I can't wait!

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Did I read Dune will release on HBO Max the day before the American release?
The movie's release date is October 22 but it's having a wide preview release on the 21st, which is when it hits HBO Max.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member

More budget? Dune had the same budget as Return of the Jedi. More money wouldn't have saved it and if Lynch had more time he'd have just put more stupid bullshit in the movie like aardvarks.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
More budget? Dune had the same budget as Return of the Jedi. More money wouldn't have saved it and if Lynch had more time he'd have just put more stupid bullshit in the movie like aardvarks.
Your mama is stupid bullshit like an aardvark