Official NG.com Dune: Part One Thread

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Zendaya if you didn’t know was a teen Disney Star.

It’s not uncommon for victims of sexual trauma to not take care of themselves with respect to hygiene as a defense mechanism.

Just saying.

So when’s a good a time for me to take a piss during this moving after the first hour is over?

We need to answer the important questions.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
I was hoping to see what the Navigators were gonna look like but they only showed them in their weird little containment suits.
Wow. I am completely surprised they didn't show them. TBH this is what I was most excited for. My disappointment is immense.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Just got through it. It was slow. But it wasn't boring. I enjoyed it. I thought I was gonna love Skarsgard as the Baron, but I was underwhelmed with him. I was hoping to see what the Navigators were gonna look like but they only showed them in their weird little containment suits.

At first I didnt like the kid they chose for Paul, but by the end of the movie, that opinion hadn't changed. #recastPaulforPart2

I think Zendaya is a pretty gal, but the only things Ive ever seen her in were this and Spider-man 1/2, and in each film they make her look like she doesn't shower. I thought Isaac did a great job as Leto. I liked it, honestly. But in all seriousness - there wasn't enough Sandworm.

Seriously man. And they cut it off right as Paul was gonna worm ride and then Toto was gonna bust out playing. Lost opportunity.
Those weren't Guild Navigators, they were just administrators. We may see a Navigator in the next one, though.

And the cutoff for this film is years before Paul rides the worm in the book. His mother is already the Reverend Mother and he has already taken Harah into his household by the time he rides the worm. There was no way they could do the multi-year timeskip in this movie.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Zendaya if you didn’t know was a teen Disney Star.

It’s not uncommon for victims of sexual trauma to not take care of themselves with respect to hygiene as a defense mechanism.

Just saying.

So when’s a good a time for me to take a piss during this moving after the first hour is over?

Probably right after the spice harvester scene. Roughly halfway through the movie. You'll have some slow minutes of talking between Leto and Kynes, then Paul and Yueh, and then Paul starts describing to Jessica his visions of the future.

Last edited:

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Obviously Liet Kynes was gender swapped. That probably had to happen since without her the only relevant female character for much of the film would be Jessica.
And? What's wrong with letting the story be the story? We have to fill an imaginary quota? To appease whom? To be honest, I think Liet Kynes was probably about the last character they should have altered. If they were going to gender/ethnicity/whatever swap anyone, even characters like Gurney or Thufir would have been less damaging to the narrative themes of the book. Liet Kynes was the well meaning but ultimately clueless Kiplingesque white savior character that people who haven't read the book are mistakenly accusing Paul of being. Changing him muddles the message and diffuses his hubris.

Some stuff was missing, though
Spoiler:

The main complaint I had was pretty minor. When Jessica accepts the crysknife from Shadout Mapes, she sheaths the blade without drawing blood I'm pretty sure.
That doesn't seem minor to me. Even the Lynch movie managed to get that right and give it the weight it was due.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Probably right after the spice harvester scene. Roughly halfway through the movie. You'll have some slow minutes of talking between Leto and Kynes, then Paul and Yueh, and then Paul starts describing to Jessica his visions of the future.

Look at this hero right here folks.

:buttrock:

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
Fami jerks off to cringe fight scenes. He probably jerks off to Queen of the Damned

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
For people watching at home is the audio mix all fucked up like a lot of new movies where everything is super fucking loud except the dialogue so you have to constantly jump the volume up and down?

famicommander

15 Year Member
For people watching at home is the audio mix all fucked up like a lot of new movies where everything is super fucking loud except the dialogue so you have to constantly jump the volume up and down?
I watched it at home and at the IMAX and the only time I had problems hearing anything was when Paul and Jessica are literally whispering.

famicommander

15 Year Member
There's nothing to be mad about, the movie was awesome and it did good numbers. Going to be the biggest domestic WB movie launch in over two years.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
Yes.

And the parts where Paul/Jessica use the weirding voice it gets SUPER FUCKING LOUD, but dialogue itself is whisper quiet.

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member

What, you didn’t wear your stillsuit to the theater?

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
I can barely remember the plot to Dune, so no. I forgot those were even thing. I’ve read almost all the books. Series just didn’t leave a lasting impression on me.

famicommander

15 Year Member
How old are you people that you can't piss before a movie and then make it 2.5 hours without having to pee again?