Official NG.com Dune: Part One Thread

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
Whenever fami posts updates from Dune's box office take in every region, I can only think of that bit where they gave the weekly box office numbers but converted into Italian Lira. I think it was the Daily Show when it was still Craig Kilborn but I can't find any clips of it online to confirm.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Whenever fami posts updates from Dune's box office take in every region, I can only think of that bit where they gave the weekly box office numbers but converted into Italian Lira. I think it was the Daily Show when it was still Craig Kilborn but I can't find any clips of it online to confirm.
Oh. I see.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I loved Craig. I really loved his last episode where he flamed the producers and told them he slept with their daughter.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
I like that part with the spider-like creature. Guy says it can't understand us. The lady uses The Voice and lady says it understands. The implications, ugh. Great little worldbuilding there.

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
Fami got banned so this shit can please end now. I would even lock the thread as a symbol of freedom if I were a moderator.

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
My wife is an uber hardcore Dune nerd and absolutely loved the movie. She's been gushing Dune lore into my brain for weeks now.
I didn't know Famicommander was your wife

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
Fami got banned so this shit can please end now. I would even lock the thread as a symbol of freedom if I were a moderator.
Hahaha...

He really did do it to himself. I'd say it might be good for him but I really don't think it will make any difference, he's a fucking wacko.

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
I don't want to watch Dune anymore after reading this thread.

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
It was a Twilight Zone episode where famicommander got transformed into a Discord bot forever

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
You have to wonder why he chose here of all places to sperg out so hard, there are a million places filled with tards just like him where that's all they do. Just day after day for months on end of everyone here telling him to STFU when that behavior would have not only been accepted but rewarded on other forums/reddit or whatever.

Asking to be banned is even funnier, to think that you don't have even the most minimal amount self control to keep from doing it so you have to have someone else actually prevent you from doing it. That's pretty sad.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
I admire famicommander's passion, it just went into an awkward direction where ends couldn't possibly justify the means.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
You have to wonder why he chose here of all places to sperg out so hard, there are a million places filled with tards just like him where that's all they do. Just day after day for months on end of everyone here telling him to STFU when that behavior would have not only been accepted but rewarded on other forums/reddit or whatever.

Asking to be banned is even funnier, to think that you don't have even the most minimal amount self control to keep from doing it so you have to have someone else actually prevent you from doing it. That's pretty sad.
Pretty much. Tak knows that if Fami wants to be unbanned it's up to him. No weird quid pro quo or ass kissing. Just say he wants to come back. Or don't! Use this time to log out of madman discord and find a job, cut down the weed smoking to allow for a more diverse life, possibly with a work balance, move out of his parent's house. Be a man.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
I know you all missed your Dune updates, but don't worry!

Dune is currently sitting at 351.2 million worldwide.

It did well enough that it will be heading back to IMAX for another run in December, and then again in February when the Oscar nominations are announced.

Between that and the territories it still hasn't released in (Australia, New Zealand, Vietnam) it should be able to leg out a 400M worldwide total.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Dune is up to 367.1M worldwide. Still hasn't released everywhere; 400M worldwide is a lock at this point.

Tomorrow Dune leaves HBO Max so if you wanna watch it on that service, this is your last chance.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
I watched Dune on the last day. It put me to sleep just like the Lynch Film.

Can't wait for part 2 as naps are currency in my life.

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
dont forget virtue signaling like a pompous douche on the hyphen