OG Xbox to Jamma Board?

Evan

Fio's Quartermaster
I've recently came into possession of some xboxes. Imma use one as a regular modded system but the other one I didn't know what to do with. I've heard that some people use them in JAMMA builds and was interested in maybe getting an xbox 2 jamma board. I want to play mortal kombat in my cab once I finish working on it but the original PCB is absurdly expensive, so I think this could be a more cost effective option. Does anyone know where to get these? Does anyone have any experience using them?

Dochartaigh

Edo Express Delivery Guy
I can't help you on how to hook this up but just wanted to mention that when I hear "JAMMA" I think arcade, and the vast majority of arcade games are in 240p-esque resolutions. The OG Xbox can't do 240p, only 480i and up, so in my eyes it's a bad candidate for most arcade games unless you don't mind janky visuals.

Last edited:

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
I had one. It looked good.

Probably should amplify the RGB signal.

dzhay

n00b
I haven't done the research to state this categorically, but I would be surprised if you could not find a much cheaper way to emulate mortal kombat than using an xbox - probably more accurate too.

mr_b

Windjammers Wonder
10 Year Member
You could use a jpac with the xbox controller adapter from Ultimarc. Honestly, it would be in your best interest to just build a mame pc.

Check locally for a PC someone is giving away. Any i5 pc would do. Pick up an ATI video card or buy an ultimarc arcadevga card and a ipac/jpac.

Your experience will be much better.

Last edited: