Oklahoma State Championships

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
All Oklahoma peeps plan ahead - http://www.shoryuken.com/forums/showthread.php?t=98496

It's probably going to be on the 20th of November in Norman (probably at the Student Union). Who all has plans to go? I'd like to see Magnaflux and TCO come, and maybe gamejunkie? It'd be nice to have a real big turnout with this :buttrock:

gamejunkie

Hijacked by a Spambot!
Hey man, I'll see what I can do... I'm not sure about bringing your own stick seeing as I don't have one for ps2.

Norman's also a long way for me to drive on a Sunday with the festivites starting at 1pm. I probably have class that Monday, if I don't because of Thanksgiving I'll more than likely be there. Perhaps we can shack up at a hotel and game all weekend...

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
I'll be bringing a couple sticks in case people need to use them, no worry. Hope to see you guys there. Gaming the weekend sounds fun.

gamejunkie

Hijacked by a Spambot!
I'm about to nail down a deal for a naomi 1 setup. I'm also trying to get ahold of some sanwa parts to build a couple sticks (maybe to resell?). So, it's very likely I'll have the naomi version of MvC2. I'm also looking in to getting a Street Fighter 3: 1 (new champions or whatever it's called) CPS3 setup.

We need the arcade versions up in here... ports are bad. :D

Weevus

15 year old,
15 Year Member
I go to OU, so I guess that wouldn't be too much trouble :)

What kind of geeky shit will be going down?

Magnaflux

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
So we're shafted with Crapcom titles?

Why no SNK? :blow_top:

I'll drag my neo down if I have to!

I have a snowball's chance in hell against crapcom scrubs!

Weevus

15 year old,
15 Year Member
There's nothing wrong with Capcom, but they should have both. At least SVC of something.

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
Weevus said:
There's nothing wrong with Capcom, but they should have both. At least SVC of something.

Yikes. If there's one title that's going to represent SNK, let it be Garou or KoF '02. SVC will just be a target for Capcom fanboys.

Magnaflux

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
Weevus said:

Please don't mention SvC. :help:

You don't want to get me started on that tangent.

I really am not a Capcom fan, I find most Capcom fighters shallow and boring.

I will bring '02/'98/RB2/garou whatever.

PS. The first one to molest my joysticks will get a special delivery hatecrime in their face. *hugs* :chump:

gamejunkie

Hijacked by a Spambot!
Magnaflux said:
Please don't mention SvC. :help:

You don't want to get me started on that tangent.

I really am not a Capcom fan, I find most Capcom fighters shallow and boring.

I will bring '02/'98/RB2/garou whatever.

Do you play any '03? I'm really intersted in the tag battle in that because I've yet to play it.

Magnaflux said:
PS. The first one to molest my joysticks will get a special delivery hatecrime in their face. *hugs* :chump:

lol

Magnaflux

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
I've only played a bit of '03, and I'm not fond of it. I may get it for my B-day but I don't know if I'll pick it up.

TCO has it and I'm sure if I bring the 'gun he'll bring the cart. Or I may finally finish his supergun. :kekeke:

I'll try my best not to be a jaded asshole.

gamejunkie

Hijacked by a Spambot!
lol, you sound about as lazy as me. I actually put my 2slot in that pc case the night before. :kekeke:

Magnaflux

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
Jesus I've been planning to finish the poor sod's gun forever now. I am a lazy fekker indeed.

I turned in an old English paper to my Calc teacher once for extra credit. It was over DeCartes. :kekeke:

Anyways, If we don't bring some SNK I'm going to go insane. OU fanboys are enough to make me think genocide is a good idea.

gamejunkie

Hijacked by a Spambot!
Magnaflux said:
Jesus I've been planning to finish the poor sod's gun forever now. I am a lazy fekker indeed.

I turned in an old English paper to my Calc teacher once for extra credit. It was over DeCartes. :kekeke:

Anyways, If we don't bring some SNK I'm going to go insane. OU fanboys are enough to make me think genocide is a good idea.

Haha, that's killer! I wish my professors would do that.

Oh god, it's even worse at UofA. Plus there isn't a single arcade cabinet on campus! WTF?

I have to goto Chuckie Cheese just to play Naomi games. :kekeke:

Weevus

15 year old,
15 Year Member
gamejunkie said:
Haha, that's killer! I wish my professors would do that.

Oh god, it's even worse at UofA. Plus there isn't a single arcade cabinet on campus! WTF?

I have to goto Chuckie Cheese just to play Naomi games. :kekeke:

There's actually a MS 3 cab and a Demolishfist at OU. :buttrock: Just because I go to OU doesn't mean I'm a "fanboy". I don't think there's any arcades in Norman, that I know of. :crying:

Magnaflux

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
buttasuperb said:
That's because you have bad taste in games. /kernow

Fair enough. Crapcom fighters just aren't interesting enough and 3s is overkill on multiple levels.

I'm going to pin an OSU emblem on the loser of the tourney and watch the rabid, slack-jawed fanboys tear him limb from limb. :kekeke:

I just know some naked man is going to be wandering around campus with a severed head in a backpack.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
The games were voted on in the Oklahoma thread. It doesn't mean that's all we're going to play, though. It's just the ones that'll be in the tournament. If things go well this year, me and Rick (the guy hosting the thing) talked about it and will try to include Garou MOTW and KOF 2002. There will be tons of casuals that day as well. It'll be a lot of fun!

Gamejunkie - That's cool if you'll have that Naomi setup. Post in that thread over at SRK that you'll have it and see if they'll want to use it.

Weevus

15 year old,
15 Year Member
Magnaflux said:
Fair enough. Crapcom fighters just aren't interesting enough and 3s is overkill on multiple levels.

I'm going to pin an OSU emblem on the loser of the tourney and watch the rabid, slack-jawed fanboys tear him limb from limb. :kekeke:

I just know some naked man is going to be wandering around campus with a severed head in a backpack.

I think 3S is as deep as lots of SNK fighters. The people that show up to this tourney, or whatever it is probably aren't exactly the "rabid fan" type.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
I'm probably going to the Student Union tonight. Anybody else able to make it?

Magnaflux

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
Sounds great so far. We can bring some neo stuff and I'll be participating in the tourney.

I've got an Agetec for Dc and a Namco for PS2 we can use. It doesn't get better than that.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
I'm just playing in the 3s and cvs2 tournament. When I'm not playing my matches I'll be doing casuals with some other Neo/Capcom fighters. I can't wait for this.

gamejunkie

Hijacked by a Spambot!
Wes said:
Gamejunkie - That's cool if you'll have that Naomi setup. Post in that thread over at SRK that you'll have it and see if they'll want to use it.

I'll need to signup to do that. lol Plus I've got to complete the trade with racecar. When I know for sure I'm getting the setup I'll mention it over there.

Personally I think we need some casual puzzlers too.

Magnaflux

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
gamejunkie said:
I'll need to signup to do that. lol Plus I've got to complete the trade with racecar. When I know for sure I'm getting the setup I'll mention it over there.

Personally I think we need some casual puzzlers too.

Magical Dizzle 3. I don't even feel like a tool for saying that. :D

I will eat your soul if you play vs. me.