Old Member's Check-In Thread.

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
yep, he is still vendoring stuff. he just did MAGfest like a month ago. I have not gotten to visit one of his booths in about 4 years now, so no idea if he still sets up with a bazillion games at a time or not.

Good to hear. Maybe I'll see him at the mpls con that's coming up in May.

bloodhokuto

Меня зов
15 Year Member
Hi chaps!

Been a long time since I posted here.

I joined up arcade-otaku and since then I have gotten three cabs, including a Cute and an MVS U4.

The latter was bought recently and it's got me back into Neo Geo again, after a bit of a lapse for a year or two.

I'm looking to tidy up the cab a bit and perhaps adding Jamma functionality to the loom (if I can figure it out since the Jammaboards site has stopped making the convertor).

Anyway, not sure what I missed? Is that guy out of jail yet (the one who got done for murder, then it turns out that the key witness was unreliable or something)?

Also has Bobak gone for good, what was the deal with that?

Is Neo-Geo.com still selling dodgy bootlegs at scammer prices (home multi-cart)?

Anyway, thought I'd check back in, I know that I really didn't contribute anything to this site and have been a bit of a dick, but my time at arcade-otaku gave me a chance and taught me to be less of an ass.

Not sure what else to say, but if there are any UK'rs here in the London area, we could arrange a meet up at the Heart of Gaming arcade, which is a pretty cool place to hang and play fighters with like minded scrubby fools like myself (plus Neo fans are a but thin on the ground).

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
BBBLLOODDD__WWWIILLYY!!

Hahahaaha... long time man...

Abyway, welcome back...

To answer a ONE of your Kabob has had some kids... and decided they're more important than NG.com...

The other questions are sorta out of my pay grade...

xROTx

PS. Arcade Otaku is nice... but I feel seeing as kernow may still have a hard on for me... I choose to play it safe for a while...
PPS. I'm in Manchester... come play:D
Hi chaps!

Been a long time since I posted here.

I joined up arcade-otaku and since then I have gotten three cabs, including a Cute and an MVS U4.

The latter was bought recently and it's got me back into Neo Geo again, after a bit of a lapse for a year or two.

I'm looking to tidy up the cab a bit and perhaps adding Jamma functionality to the loom (if I can figure it out since the Jammaboards site has stopped making the convertor).

Anyway, not sure what I missed? Is that guy out of jail yet (the one who got done for murder, then it turns out that the key witness was unreliable or something)?

Also has Bobak gone for good, what was the deal with that?

Is Neo-Geo.com still selling dodgy bootlegs at scammer prices (home multi-cart)?

Anyway, thought I'd check back in, I know that I really didn't contribute anything to this site and have been a bit of a dick, but my time at arcade-otaku gave me a chance and taught me to be less of an ass.

Not sure what else to say, but if there are any UK'rs here in the London area, we could arrange a meet up at the Heart of Gaming arcade, which is a pretty cool place to hang and play fighters with like minded scrubby fools like myself (plus Neo fans are a but thin on the ground).

Crow_T_Robot

Marked Wolf
I can't believe it's been over 10 years since I've been here. The people here helped me gain the knowledge to research and buy my first AES. This place used to be a hotbed of knowledge and downright helpfulness.

And sarcasm.

And self centered asshats.

And homo-erotic bickering.

Damn, I've missed this place.

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
I can't believe it's been over 10 years since I've been here. The people here helped me gain the knowledge to research and buy my first AES. This place used to be a hotbed of knowledge and downright helpfulness.

And sarcasm.

And self centered asshats.

And homo-erotic bickering.

Damn, I've missed this place.

Welcome back. We're all experienced gamers- help is here.

thirdkind

Chin's Bartender
20 Year Member
Good to see so many of the old crew. I was clicking around teh innernets, following a tale of deception and lies that somehow ended up back here.

Maybe it's a sign from the universe that it's time to find a consolized MVS and finally make her mine :) Or maybe have an endless debate about disc formats.

DanAdamKOF

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
I haven't exactly been absent from here but not really present either. But I feel like checking in and expressing some gratitude.

I started here in 2002 as a geeky 14 year old who wanted to talk about NGPC and a few of his favorite games found in those fantastic red arcade machines, and get advice on buying a cab of my own. The forum was cool, but in my first few years I really got to know the community through IRC, #neo-geo on chat-solutions. I laughed at Kernow's grumpy British humor, I cried when Jigen passed away, and I treated Chad Okada like some sort of celebrity, you really just had to be there, this flash chat thing isn't the same at all.

Anyway, I owe a great deal to the tech forum here, and those that hang out there. I'd always been curious of the world around me (my dad worked as an engineer at the NBC station in Houston, I was the kind of kid who took every device and appliance apart to look at its internals, etc), and when I joined the forums it was the perfect time, since I was just starting to untangle a lot of the web of how all of this fantastic game stuff, and high tech stuff as a whole, actually worked. Throughout the years of lurking the archives and posting on N-G's tech forum, and probing the minds of the technically-minded folks here, I was able to feed my mind the nitty-gritty it so craves, and gain a deeper understanding of the various technologies in play behind the NeoGeo, enabling me to perform repairs upon my cab (thanks JHendrix!) and build several superguns (thanks Matt Ross, JMKurtz, VanillaThunder and Broken!), as well as some other tech stuff I so happened to pick up from here like my first forays into Linux (thanks Kernow! Setting up a newbie with Slackware though???). NeoGeo itself directly inspired me to learn about video signals and video capture, since while the composite from my supergun looked OK to me I had no TVs with S-Video, and the geeks here even way back in 2002 were saying that S-Video looked a ton better, and if you could achieve it, RGB was the holy grail...

So now I'm 27, and in the past several years I've gotten a Computer Science degree from UT Dallas, worked for a capture card company, worked as a game tester, had my hands inside of too many arcade cabs, controllers, and consoles to count, and as of a few weeks ago, I moved to California to work for Apple as an engineer. I sincerely believe that Neo-Geo.com's nurturing of my need to tinker with the world around me has led me to where I am today, and for that, I thank those of you who led me down this path.

PS: Any of you guys in Norcal, I plan to host lots of gamenights once I move into my new place in Sunnyvale, let's get in touch or reconnect so that once I'm set up, we can meet up and play lots of stuff!

Last edited:

Darklighterx

J. Maximum Fan Club President
20 Year Member
I haven't exactly been absent from here but not really present either. But I feel like checking in and expressing some gratitude.

I started here in 2002 as a geeky 14 year old who wanted to talk about NGPC and a few of his favorite games found in those fantastic red arcade machines, and get advice on buying a cab of my own. The forum was cool, but in my first few years I really got to know the community through IRC, #neo-geo on chat-solutions. I laughed at Kernow's grumpy British humor, I cried when Jigen passed away, and I treated Chad Okada like some sort of celebrity, you really just had to be there, this flash chat thing isn't the same at all.

Anyway, I owe a great deal to the tech forum here, and those that hang out there. I'd always been curious of the world around me (my dad worked as an engineer at the NBC station in Houston, I was the kind of kid who took every device and appliance apart to look at its internals, etc), and when I joined the forums it was the perfect time, since I was just starting to untangle a lot of the web of how all of this fantastic game stuff, and high tech stuff as a whole, actually worked. Throughout the years of lurking the archives and posting on N-G's tech forum, and probing the minds of the technically-minded folks here, I was able to feed my mind the nitty-gritty it so craves, and gain a deeper understanding of the various technologies in play behind the NeoGeo, enabling me to perform repairs upon my cab (thanks JHendrix!) and build several superguns (thanks Matt Ross, JMKurtz, VanillaThunder and Broken!), as well as some other tech stuff I so happened to pick up from here like my first forays into Linux (thanks Kernow! Setting up a newbie with Slackware though???). NeoGeo itself directly inspired me to learn about video signals and video capture, since while the composite from my supergun looked OK to me I had no TVs with S-Video, and the geeks here even way back in 2002 were saying that S-Video looked a ton better, and if you could achieve it, RGB was the holy grail...

So now I'm 27, and in the past several years I've gotten a Computer Science degree from UT Dallas, worked for a capture card company, worked as a game tester, had my hands inside of too many arcade cabs, controllers, and consoles to count, and as of a few weeks ago, I moved to California to work for Apple as an engineer. I sincerely believe that Neo-Geo.com's nurturing of my need to tinker with the world around me has led me to where I am today, and for that, I thank those of you who led me down this path.

PS: Any of you guys in Norcal, I plan to host lots of gamenights once I move into my new place in Sunnyvale, let's get in touch or reconnect so that once I'm set up, we can meet up and play lots of stuff!

Fuckin A.
Congrats!

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member

Rad! I lived in Mountain View awhile back, and the Nor Cal members are ace.

Bump the old Nor Cal meetup thread, and let 'em know you are in town.

Congrats, Adam. Really stoked for you!

Mike Shagohod

Stray Dog Grunt
20 Year Member
Since I have never posted in this thread (that I remember), I'm doing so now.

That's it. Just came to +1.

:keke:

Those who know me, know me. Any newbs from 2011 onward won't know who the fuck I am, and that's fine too.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,

Those who know me, know me. Any newbs from 2011 onward won't know who the fuck I am, and that's fine too.

.../waves at Merc.... \o/

xROTx

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member

Good to see you posting brotha

kitkit.com

Ace Ghost Pilot
15 Year Member
Kitkit is back! This is my first time logging in since November 2011!

I have been absent from the forum for almost 4 years. I had to resign from being a Market mod and took a break from this site to deal with real life! Long story short and fast forward to 4 years ago: I was in charge of an investigation unit in the morning and occasional surveillance after midnight at work; I was responsible for taking care of 2 kids when my wife taught college at night; and I was moderating the market forum at the same time. So at one point, I had too much going on and decided to take a break from the forum in order to focus on my family. (A situation similar to D-Lite)

Now, my son is 8 and my daughter just started pre-school last week. They are not as needy as they used to be. I just had a back surgery last week and I am taking 3 weeks off. So this is the perfect time for me to get back to the forum!

During my absent from the forum, member Shawn Carr (Boog) passed away. Mikhail and I had the honor to represent the forum and attended Shawn’s funeral in Jan 2014. During the funeral, I also had the opportunity to share a story not known to his mother. Shawn once asked me to help him purchasing a TMMT arcade PCB. I asked him why as I already got him a modified Xbox. Shawn said he remembered playing a TMMT cab with his mom at fisherman’s wharf when he was a kid so he wanted to relive the happiness in the past. Shawn, who was bedridden for most of his life, always reminds me of how fortunate I am (being healthy) and never takes anything for granted. Despite Shawn’s physical disability, he was always cheerful and grateful for what he had…

I sincerely thank Neo Geo.com for making it possible to meet friends such as Shawn Carr and Mikhail in real life. I also want to thank Shawn (site owner), Bobak, Wasabi and Tak for inviting me to be a part of the mod team at the time. Thanks to Rot and VT for restoring my account!

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
Kitkit is back! This is my first time logging in since November 2011!

I have been absent from the forum for almost 4 years. I had to resign from being a Market mod and took a break from this site to deal with real life! Long story short and fast forward to 4 years ago: I was in charge of an investigation unit in the morning and occasional surveillance after midnight at work; I was responsible for taking care of 2 kids when my wife taught college at night; and I was moderating the market forum at the same time. So at one point, I had too much going on and decided to take a break from the forum in order to focus on my family. (A situation similar to D-Lite)

Now, my son is 8 and my daughter just started pre-school last week. They are not as needy as they used to be. I just had a back surgery last week and I am taking 3 weeks off. So this is the perfect time for me to get back to the forum!

During my absent from the forum, member Shawn Carr (Boog) passed away. Mikhail and I had the honor to represent the forum and attended Shawn’s funeral in Jan 2014. During the funeral, I also had the opportunity to share a story not known to his mother. Shawn once asked me to help him purchasing a TMMT arcade PCB. I asked him why as I already got him a modified Xbox. Shawn said he remembered playing a TMMT cab with his mom at fisherman’s wharf when he was a kid so he wanted to relive the happiness in the past. Shawn, who was bedridden for most of his life, always reminds me of how fortunate I am (being healthy) and never takes anything for granted. Despite Shawn’s physical disability, he was always cheerful and grateful for what he had…

I sincerely thank Neo Geo.com for making it possible to meet friends such as Shawn Carr and Mikhail in real life. I also want to thank Shawn (site owner), Bobak, Wasabi and Tak for inviting me to be a part of the mod team at the time. Thanks to Rot and VT for restoring my account!

WELCOME Back pal...

Errr... we TRIED to replace you as Market mod... but no one wanted...

...The Last Meal and obligatory Cigar before sentencing:(

xROTx

PS. ......PUSSIES ALL OF THEM!!!!!

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member

I miss living in Sunnyvale. The rent was insane, but we had Golfland.

Ramad

I still lurk.

I like to go browse the Market and News section, and occasionally the war room. I pretty much am here for the MN Gatherings - I. LOVE. THAT. SHIT.

I'm old, have old people responsibilities and issues, and still like the Neo, even though I don't really play it outside of special functions (like gatherings).

DanAdamKOF

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
SVGL is old hat, full steam ahead for Round 1 San Jose!

EvilWasabi do you still live in the Bay Area?

jdotaku

Angel's Love Slave

Congrats man glad to hear of your success!

jdotaku

Angel's Love Slave
I joined up around the time I finished high school and started working and thus had some income for these games I love to play. I've dropped by now and then on the forum but don;t play or use the net like I used to. I currently work as a network engineer for HP with a contract from Google and may be moving yet again back to california to work yet another contract. Keeps me on my toes!