One of the only things Trump got right was being openly antagonistic to China

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Despite getting millions and doing business with them at the same time.

I'm interested in how the Biden administration will deal with the second most powerful country in the world.

Nearly 20 years of fighting brown terrorists while the real Bad Guys were making shit for the world all along.

It's naive to say that Taiwan should be recognized immediately without considering the consequences of doing so.

New guy coming in less than 24 hours.

Just thinking out loud here.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
China is not to be fucked with...and Trump was 100% correct in stating that the US is getting the raw end of the deal. I also feel it could be debated who is now the most powerful country in the world. I honestly do not feel its the US.

The issue is, despite Trump's claims, I don't blame China for that deal. High level business and political deals have brought us to where we now stand.

China and Russia are not our buddies...more like our pimps. We get fucked, they make a lot of money from that, we get a small cut of the dough. Sadly, we signed up for all of this and we (the US) are 100% to blame. If anything, China just accepted a solid deal for them and it's hard to blame them for that when we did it willingly.

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
It's almost like we should be harder on the corporations that outsource labor and manufacturing to China rather than providing jobs to Americans.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
I also feel it could be debated who is now the most powerful country in the world. I honestly do not feel its the US.

No, we are the most powerful country in the world, full stop. China still does not possess the threat the USSR did, at least. But they are growing rapidly. I'm not a smart guy but it's predicted China will surpass America's GDP within this decade. And if not, then the next. I believe it.

If anything, China just accepted a solid deal for them and it's hard to blame them for that when we did it willingly.

It is the result of unbridled, unprotected capitalism. How they are still able to trade classified as a developing nation is a fucking joke.

In many ways, China is a right winger's wet dream. They blow down buildings just so workers will have a job to build them back up again.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Trump focuses on economic issues and while there is merit to that I don’t think I need to remind anyone that the CCP currently has 1 million plus Muslims in re-education and forced labor internment camps.

This is one of the greatest human rights crises in modern times and no one gives a fuck. America under Trump didn’t really have a moral leg to stand on, perhaps we will under Biden.

American companies who knowingly use forced or child labor need to have felony criminal charges brought against them.

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
It is the result of unbridled, unprotected capitalism. How they are still able to trade classified as a developing nation is a fucking joke.

China's GDP per capita is a joke. They're absolutely still a developing nation. They're only rich as a mind bogglingly huge collective, individually the average Chinese guy is a scrub.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
China's GDP per capita is a joke. They're absolutely still a developing nation. They're only rich as a mind bogglingly huge collective, individually the average Chinese guy is a scrub.

I'll start by saying that international economies is not my strong suit...but if I had to take a stab at China...

I'd guess that the wealth is not being gathered by the purchasing power of the mass population, its being generated by sales overseas. We Americans buy their shit, seemingly. I'd guess that a vast majority of Chinese living/working in industrialized areas could not afford much of the items they make at work.

That being said, I'd guess that the distribution of wealth in China isn't that far off from that of the US. While lower earning Americans make far more than lower earning Chinese, the wealth at the tip-top is staggering vs the rest of the masses.

Last edited:

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Just as a reminder, China begged the president of China to help him win reelection.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Trump also gave China the greatest gift any US president could when he pulled out of the TPP.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
One day before inauguration, Trump administration finally says there's a genocide going on in Xinjiang: https://www.nytimes.com/2021/01/19/...tion=click&module=Top Stories&pgtype=Homepage

Very late on announcing it but hey I'll take it.

Some Uighurs expressed gratitude for the decision. “Today’s determination of genocide is a signal of recognition to the long suffering of victims and survivors of the Chinese government’s internment camps, like my brother Ekpar, and millions of Uighurs,” said Rayhan Asat, a lawyer in Washington whose younger brother is imprisoned in Xinjiang. “It is the starting point on the road to justice, freedom and accountability for these atrocities.”

Ziba Murat, a Virginia resident whose mother, Gulshan Abbas, is imprisoned, said, “This gives us hope that those who have attempted to water down what is happening with the destruction of our people can no longer hide their complicity.”

Last edited: