Options for New 25-27" CRT Monitors?

demirichris

Hardened Shock Trooper
It's been years since I've posted but I've been bit by the arcade bug pretty hard again and I'm finding myself on the hunt for some quality monitors for some projects I have.

Does anyone have any experience with any of vendors that are still selling 25 or 27" CGA compatible monitors? Are their any a standout quality wise? I've tried Makvision's 27" tri-rez and I wasn't particularly impressed.

Also I have a nice 27" CRT from a Nanao MS8, do you guys know of any replacement chassis I could use?

Any help would be killer.

demirichris

Hardened Shock Trooper
Thanks for the heads up dude! I'll need to try and remember my login for KLOV!

I'd love to hear any other options you guys know about.

NEgatron

n00b
Ive heard the kortek multisync is good also I know 300wins has a bunch of wg d9200's. As far as the ms8 tube Id pretty much hunt around for a ms9 chassis I think there is one on ebay but its under nano chassis not nanao

demirichris

Hardened Shock Trooper
So the MS9 chassis will work with a tube from a MS8? Is their anyway to confirm this? It would be amazing if I could just snag that chassis of ebay and it worked.

300wins

Conan The Librarian,
So the MS9 chassis will work with a tube from a MS8? Is their anyway to confirm this? It would be amazing if I could just snag that chassis of ebay and it worked.

It will work... with some modification and some issues. Issues being not all games will be full screen. I have done it before and have ran into problems. Its not a straight drop in if you're hoping it would be that easy.

And yes, I have a few WG D9200 if anyone is interested. Shipping them isn't really an option since they weigh a ton.

demirichris

Hardened Shock Trooper
Thanks for the reply @300wins, I appreciate it.

Just sent you a PM with some questions I'm really hoping you can help me with.

NEgatron

n00b
So are you just looking for an ms8 chassis because I think I have one in storage you can have, pretty sure it works

demirichris

Hardened Shock Trooper
Negatron

I would love to buy that MS8 chassis from you. Please just let me know your price. I'll PM you as well.

Actually, It looks like your not setup to receive PMs. I'm going to email you now.

Last edited:

demirichris

Hardened Shock Trooper
Just an FYI bustedstr8, I reached out to nieman displays and they are no longer making CRTs. Such a bummer.