Origins of covid

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
FBI report that they think it most likely originated from a Chinese government controlled lab in wuhan:

Most of the forum: guess that could be the case, evidence seems a bit circumstantial.

Wyo: anti chinese western propaganda, no definite evidence so I can only assume it was definitely america that developed and released it to soften us up for an attack on the peaceful CCP. You're all retards for entertaining any other notion.

Topic covered, time saved.

Last edited:

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
I'm more interested in whether the virus was man-made or some natural mutation.

madmanjock

Bare AES Handler
20 Year Member
I'm more interested in whether the virus was man-made or some natural mutation.

It’s very likely a man made lab leak as there have been huge efforts to find a natural genetic match for the strain which started in Wuhan and the closest match we got was about 96.8% from bats in Laos. (BANAL-52, BANAL-103, BANAL-236).

China will of course have destroyed any evidence of the lab leak as could you imagine the financial restitutions it would have to pay the rest of the world? It would be Treaty of Versailles sized or more, and we know how well that went down.

Last edited:

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
Wyo: anti chinese western propaganda, no definite evidence so I can only assume it was definitely america that developed and released it to soften us up for an attack on the peaceful CCP. You're all retards for entertaining sny other notion.

It is at least somewhat interesting that seemingly now, coincidentally on the heels of China possibly sending aid to Russia for their war in Ukraine that our government now is very chatty about COVID origins after near 3 years of quashing any suggestions that it was anything but a natural origin.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
It is at least somewhat interesting that seemingly now, coincidentally on the heels of China possibly sending aid to Russia for their war in Ukraine that our government now is very chatty about COVID origins after near 3 years of quashing any suggestions that it was anything but a natural origin.

very auspicious indeed.

anyone see any COVID balloons flying above?

SML

NEANDERTHAL FUCKER,
20 Year Member
"If it can be destroyed by the truth, it deserves to be." -Neil Breen

The evidence should be followed wherever it leads, and this is probably the most useful time to start paying more attention to these questions.

I'm not sure what good it would have done to focus on this in 2020.

Force Anthony Fauci to open the refrigerated safe and hand over the cure?

If not that, what?

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
It’s very likely a man made lab leak as there have been huge efforts to find a natural genetic match for the strain which started in Wuhan and the closest match we got was about 96.8% from bats in Laos. (BANAL-52, BANAL-103, BANAL-236).

China will of course have destroyed any evidence of the lab leak as could you imagine the financial restitutions it would have to pay the rest of the world? It would be Treaty of Versailles sized or more, and we know how well that went down.
Man-made, as in genetically altered to create a virus with just the features of Covid-19.

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
The only weird thing is that the topic got classified as misinformation by some platforms at one point before gaining more widestream acceptance. I'm all for social media platforms being held accountable for information spread on their sites, but it's an example knee-jerk overreach.

madmanjock

Bare AES Handler
20 Year Member
Man-made, as in genetically altered to create a virus with just the features of Covid-19.

I'm (obviously) no geneticist, but I believe it is common to take existing diseases in the animal kingdom and alter them for a 'worse case' scenario to get ahead of potential future threats. I personally think a lab cock up due to piss poor procedures (there have been leaks from the Wuhan lab previously) is more likely than it being a specific biological weapon that went rogue or some shit like that.

The only weird thing is that the topic got classified as misinformation by some platforms at one point before gaining more widestream acceptance. I'm all for social media platforms being held accountable for information spread on their sites, but it's an example knee-jerk overreach.

It was really dirty, but a lot of scientists in the USA and elsewhere had funding from China - the accusation at the time was they were pressed to chirp up against the lab leak theory.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
FBI report that they think it most likely originated from a Chinese government controlled lab in wuhan:

Most of the forum: guess that could be the case, evidence seems a bit circumstantial.

Wyo: anti chinese western propaganda, no definite evidence so I can only assume it was definitely america that developed and released it to soften us up for an attack on the peaceful CCP. You're all retards for entertaining any other notion.

Topic covered, time saved.
said this from day one

as usually I am the smartestest person in the room

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
I'm (obviously) no geneticist, but I believe it is common to take existing diseases in the animal kingdom and alter them for a 'worse case' scenario to get ahead of potential future threats. I personally think a lab cock up due to piss poor procedures (there have been leaks from the Wuhan lab previously) is more likely than it being a specific biological weapon that went rogue or some shit like that.

The bio weapon thing had been brought up here in discussions as well but it soon died off because it's nonsense, you don't want your super weapon to cause a global pandemic which also puts your own economy in jeopardy, after all.

I agree that it most probably was a cock-up of epic proportions. They couldn't even be held responsible for it should they find out one day that some guy at the Wuhan lab poured the wrong stuff into the toilet, the economical damage of the pandemic is just way too high for that.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
So with the truth being boring as I always suspected was the case and the effect being too great to simply blame on this boring truth, we throw rocks at each other instead.

Ahh humanity.

madmanjock

Bare AES Handler
20 Year Member
We can still have fun. Maybe someone at the Wuhan lab was playing a prank.

“Wouldn’t it be funny to pour some X-2245 on my dick and fuck a bat? Then we could sell the bat at my uncle’s stall at the wet market and some chode would eat it? LolZ!’

Spoiler:

DE957C07-557F-4790-8B35-A3FC700B25B0.gif

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Majority of Chinese think it originated from Fort Detrick in America and was spread during international war games during October in Wuhan.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
On the flip side I have been bombarded daily by anti-American videos for well over a year. Comments like, "There will be no peace on Earth until America is destroyed" are very, very common.

I keep hearing America is ramping up. If anything, America is finally pushing back against Chinese state propaganda.

These TikTok videos are wildly addicting and full of misinformation. Anti-American hate is at an all time high and people constantly talk about going to war with America online. It's disturbing.

madmanjock

Bare AES Handler
20 Year Member
The world turned a blind eye to China for years but now is collectively pissed off at them for allowing Covid to happen.

I’m not surprised to hear China is deflecting Covid as coming from abroad. Big lies are somehow more believable than boring truths.

Splits are happening, big business is being encouraged to find suppliers from elsewhere when possible.

TikTok has already been banned from government devices in the USA, but ban the whole fucking thing for all I care. I don’t mind if teens want to waste their time looking at short crap videos, but at least make sure all the data harvesting happens on Western soil goddamit 🇺🇸

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
On the flip side I have been bombarded daily by anti-American videos for well over a year. Comments like, "There will be no peace on Earth until America is destroyed" are very, very common.

I keep hearing America is ramping up. If anything, America is finally pushing back against Chinese state propaganda.

These TikTok videos are wildly addicting and full of misinformation. Anti-American hate is at an all time high and people constantly talk about going to war with America online. It's disturbing.
To think one day we might not even have the privilege of getting the Eurasian perspective here in Oceania.

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
To think one day we might not even have the privilege of getting the Eurasian perspective here in Oceania.
Oceania always sounds like a made up place to me, like a rival faction in a sci fi novel

Edit: please confirm you are not communicating from a distant planet covered entirely by water.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Oceania always sounds like a made up place to me, like a rival faction in a sci fi novel

Edit: please confirm you are not communicating from a distant planet covered entirely by water.
Spoiler:
George-Orwell.jpg

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Oh shit, that must be where I've had the idea planted in my head! Doh.
I've already reported you to the Thought Police for confusing Oceania with fantasies of distant water planets.