Osman / Cannon Dancer Coming to PS4 and Switch

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
Oooh interesting... is this a physical or digital release? ININ Games got a decent track record of porting stuff? I've never heard of them.

I'd love for someone to do ports of Air Gallet and Gundhara.

Tron

Test
15 Year Member

Yoshi

20 Year Member
Oooh interesting... is this a physical or digital release? ININ Games got a decent track record of porting stuff? I've never heard of them.
They're no M2, but they seem to do a nice job.

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
Surprised and happy to see this get a port. Although it’s difficulty can be fuck you brutal in spots

HellioN

, What The Fuck Is This Shit?
20 Year Member

I'd love for someone to do ports of Air Gallet and Gundhara.
They do physical stuff.
Space Invaders Forever
G-Darius HD
Cotton Reboot
On the switch.

Cotton Fantasy
Cross Code
DariusBurst EX+
On the PS4
Are some examples that I personally own.

smokey

massive ding dong
20 Year Member
I really want this game. But is such a shame to play it on a PS4 would be better on a system that can hook up to a crt

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Love everything about this game except for two things:

-the horribly slow and interruptive text
-the horrible, generic music

I know I sound like a bitch but those two alone really hamper my experience.

Much like Strider and Kazakhstan, this was really a fantastic setting in a futuristic mid-East. If anyone knows the exact country it's meant to take place in, please let me know.

Burning Fight!!

NIS America fan & Rent Free tenant
10 Year Member
English version clearly says

MONDAY
AGADAN (Abadan?) - - IN THE PERSIAN GULF

SATURDAY
IN THE WOODS NEAR ALEPPO.

and very specific locales but IDK if that’s in the OG Japanese version. Yeah first level is Iran, etc.

I don’t know what’s the gripe with this game’s music, I feel like it’s a bit understated because of weak hardware but still pretty good, and dare I say it, it has a very memorable style that goes well with the schizo fever dream art style the game has. But I know I’m a minority here.

LoneSausage the text can be skipped with a button press IIRC so IDK about that either… and it’s what makes this game fascinating. Apparently it’s inspired by Koichi Yotsui’s tenure at Capcom. It’s so cryptic only the author knows what it’s supposed to mean for sure, and who knows, maybe it’s why there was a strong reluctance to rerelease it for all these years. Let’s recap the plot: assassin is sent by bathroom bossman to kill a god, gets betrayed and left to die, leads a revolution against bossman. God is called “slaver”. Doesn’t that get your imagination running?

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member

MONDAY

SATURDAY

and very specific locales but IDK if that’s in the OG Japanese version. Yeah first level is Iran, etc.

I don’t know what’s the gripe with this game’s music, I feel like it’s a bit understated because of weak hardware but still pretty good, and dare I say it, it has a very memorable style that goes well with the schizo fever dream art style the game has. But I know I’m a minority here.

LoneSausage the text can be skipped with a button press IIRC so IDK about that either… and it’s what makes this game fascinating. Apparently it’s inspired by Koichi Yotsui’s tenure at Capcom. It’s so cryptic only the author knows what it’s supposed to mean for sure, and who knows, maybe it’s why there was a strong reluctance to rerelease it for all these years. Let’s recap the plot: assassin is sent by bathroom bossman to kill a god, gets betrayed and left to die, leads a revolution against bossman. God is called “slaver”. Doesn’t that get your imagination running?
Nice. Nice. I am satisfied.

You are worthy.

SignOfGoob

Butthurt Enthusiast
20 Year Member

MONDAY

SATURDAY

It’s reminiscent of XZR games, the PC versions of Exile. Those things…can get pretty wild. Like, you’re an ancient sword wielding Persian assassin hero…who does coke and speed, goes through a time machine and assassinates both Reagan and Gorby.

Azathoth

Galford's Armourer
20 Year Member
Saw some blurbs about this being available digitally on 4/13 and it's... $29.99?

Didn't expect that.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
I've played this at an arcade meetup. It's a fun game but it's no Strider. Will probably buy on day 1 as well.

Ajax

way more american than wyo, way more
15 Year Member
Is the fact that it's on a current system which can't connect to a CRT a fair critique? It's 2023 ffs loooool

SignOfGoob

Butthurt Enthusiast
20 Year Member
Most certainly you can connect a Switch to a CRT. Mine is always hooked to one, a Sony XBR960.

Ajax

way more american than wyo, way more
15 Year Member
I was gonna say - I had a Mitsubishi 31k monitor and it worked just fine with new things (provided you could switch the output to 4:3).

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
First darius burst/darius g then wonderboy and now cannon dancer.Yeah iningames,strictlylimitedgames parent company united games entertainment are becoming greedy a-holes.It's a shame this release couldn't have been done by hamster instead for arcade archives.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
First darius burst/darius g then wonderboy and now cannon dancer.Yeah iningames,strictlylimitedgames parent company united games entertainment are becoming greedy a-holes.It's a shame this release couldn't have been done by hamster instead for arcade archives.

Capcom appropriately charges $1.99 for a lot of their old arcade games. I'm not saying every company needs to do the same, but I don't get the price justification for any of these old games being over $10, which btw, isn't a great price either but I could get past that. On principle, $30 is fucking highway robbery for a simple emulated port with rewind features for an arcade game released in the 90s.