OSSC repair

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
Does anyone repair these in the US? My dog tried to jump over the cables and turned the headphone jack input sideways. Id imagine it needs a new jack since the old one's legs are probably snapped.

Thanks in advance.

Neodogg

Dogg-Father,
20 Year Member
Should be an easy fix, desolder and solder new in...

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
That's why I made this thread, I'm shit with an iron. I'm afraid I'll make an accidental bridge, making it worse.

Ajax

way more american than wyo, way more
15 Year Member
Do you have an iron and some flux? If you use some flux, and apply heat and solder only to the affected components, I promise you won't create a bridge.

But for sure, I get not wanting to mess with soldering things. If you can source the part you need to replace, and pay the shipping, I'll be happy to fix it up for you.

Neodogg

Dogg-Father,
20 Year Member
I believe the OSSC is open source so you should be able to find a BOM which would let you know what connector to buy?

If you find the part I could take a stab at it?

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Does anyone repair these in the US? My dog tried to jump over the cables and turned the headphone jack input sideways. Id imagine it needs a new jack since the old one's legs are probably snapped.

Thanks in advance.

Did your dog give you that same look you have in your avatar.

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
I believe the OSSC is open source so you should be able to find a BOM which would let you know what connector to buy?

If you find the part I could take a stab at it?

Awesome, ordered and thank you for the links. I'll take you up on the offer. I'll pm when I get the jack.

Did your dog give you that same look you have in your avatar.

Yeah but I didn't do anything. It's not like he chewed up something. I should have known better.