Outrun Online Arcade

BBH

1cc my ASS!,
20 Year Member
The best arcade racing game of the decade drops tomorrow (04/15) on XBLA at 2 AM PST for 800 Microsoft moneys.

Who is down for some drifting?

Cornerb0y

Krauser's Henchman
DAMN!!!!!!! as soon as I get my 360 back from my boss, I'll be down to play some! I love Outrun!

Loopz

Formerly Punjab,
This will be 800 of the best points I have ever spent. Fucking down.
:vik:

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
Once I unlock the Testarossa, as Drago says, "You will loose".

Professor Denim

Atro Ego
been powersliding for the last hour!!!who´s in for the journey!!????
add me!!
just a bit disappointed for not having any unlockables,spliscreen and no Outrun 2 courses(only SP).But some of the best 800 points anyway!
Great Sega year untill now!!!!House of the Dead Overkill,Madworld,Outrun Online!!!

Ancient Flounder

"Just walk away. Give me the pump...the oil...the
15 Year Member
Got it, love it. I'm slowly learning the added benefit of using manual transmission.

cannonball

Master Brewer, Genzai Sake Co.
15 Year Member
I'd be more excited if it was an enhanced version of the original Out Run. I might still get it though.

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
Just plunked down five bucks and got it and only played through one run of Heart Attack mode.

Is it me or is it easier? I slammed into a wall during a drift and I just slowed down, I noticed the options were automatically set to easy, but I put it to normal.

The Testarossa is really floaty, so I gotta get used to it.

Also, can you unlock all of the old music, or do I have to burn a mix CD of all the old Outrun music?

Kaioh

Sakura's Bank Manager
Bought it this morning. It's a blast online too with little/no lag. Played with my friend in the UK for a couple of hours. I need to find a way to shave 6 seconds off my time to get that 4min 30sec achievement.

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
I'm online with it now, shoot me a message. I'm taking a break at 9 for Ghost Hunters and South Park, but I'll be on for the rest of the night.

I cranked the difficulty to the hardest. I'm not sure what that means though. I know on the Saturn Sega Ages, you can set the timer so checkpoints give you less time, so if that's the way it is for this, then that's what I'm going with.

I like to give myself a good challenge and try to play it really hard and see how I do when it's on the standard difficulty.

ferrarimanf355

Bullets QB
Got it, played it, loved it. Can't complain so far, here's hoping that Sega does an XBLA/PSN version of Daytona USA 2 next. :D

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
Got it, played it, loved it. Can't complain so far, here's hoping that Sega does an XBLA/PSN version of Daytona USA 2 next. :D

Harrumph on Daytona. I feel like sending the one guy who works for Sega on the leaderboards (F40) a message that to tell them to do Daytona next. 2 would be amazing, because I'm pretty sure it never had a proper release.

I make sure I play it every time I go up to Funspot. They have the Power Edition and I love playing the one track that's all three of the tracks put together. I just love how you drive into the stadium and you do a couple of laps before the game ends.

So damn sweet.

ferrarimanf355

Bullets QB
Harrumph on Daytona. I feel like sending the one guy who works for Sega on the leaderboards (F40) a message that to tell them to do Daytona next. 2 would be amazing, because I'm pretty sure it never had a proper release.

I make sure I play it every time I go up to Funspot. They have the Power Edition and I love playing the one track that's all three of the tracks put together. I just love how you drive into the stadium and you do a couple of laps before the game ends.

So damn sweet.
This, and Sega Rally 1 and 2, Sega Super GT (if licensing issues don't get in the way), Virtua Racing... anything! :D

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
Holy fackin' balls this game is sweet. I wasn't too wowed by the demo (what kind of gay setup is that?!), but got the full game anyway, of course, and then proceeded to play with an ear-to-ear grin on my face as long as I could before I was about to pass out from being dead tired (which wasn't long, admittedly, was watching basketball and The Ultimate Fighter).

800 points for this feels like an absolute steal, anyone with any love at all for arcade racing or for any of the games in the series would be nuts not to grab it.

MilkManX

I Love Frames!,
Took me one run to get the groove but after I did I was in bliss. Damn I missed this game!!

:mr_t:

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
How about car preferences? I tried the F50 in my first race and just completely blew nuts with it, then switched to the Enzo and did way better in Heart Attack mode, scored a AA overall and finished the race at Goal C.

Other dudes and/or ladies?

Lovergoat

, KING of GOATs, Greatest of all time...
Does anyone know how the scoring system works in this? I have to admit I'm too busy dodging traffic and trying to stay on the road at the moment to take full advantage. But if anyone knows what gets the most points it would be good to know.

Professor Denim

Atro Ego
Got to play online last night with 2 guys from Sumo digital and a guy from AM2!!!!
it was really cooll!!!!!!!!!!!!!!lots of talk about Sega arcade racers, outrun tunes, favorite stage of Outrun, how accurate were the console versions of Outrun 2 and the forthcoming Virtua Tennis 4.they were kind enough to answser me questions about Outrun Online.why cant you have multiplayer with traffic, why not "splitscreen", why cant you look "back "("because theres nothing in the back!!!laughs!!!") and the sense that they will eventually release the other 15 tracks from Outrun 2 or some of the old tunes.
they also said to look out for Sega in the coming year....a surprise i guess.
in the end the guy from Sumo(producer on outrun online) confessed how much he would love to remake Super Hang On!!!!!
great gaming session,
my love for Outrun 2 has just skyrocket!!
later got to play with OMF2097 from the forums, it was also pretty nice!