OVGE 2006 thread

What's your poison?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Magnaflux

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
OVGE 2006 on August 19th will be here before you know it.

This year (like every other year) I say that I'll start planning earlier so as to not half ass things at the last minute. :kekeke:

This time I mean it so I made this thread to address to see what other ng.com members might like to have at this year's event.

We'd like to have another tournament so a poll has been put here to get some input. We'll most likely only have time for one tournament on one game so any input is appreciated.

Ideas? Suggestions? Post them here.

Last edited:

Magnaflux

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
Ok, tables are sorted out for us this year.

I'm going to build one or two consolized MVS's for sale this year. I haven't decided on which model to use. There's probably two boxes of extra parts I have that I'd like to use up, I have a couple of jrok's and sc200's that need a new function other than collect dust.

We'll have Buriki One running for at least part of the show dammit. Wes said he'd give it a go, so looking foward to that.

Magnaflux

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
To the top you hosers.

Last chance to get your opinion heard before my tyranny overruns it.

gamejunkie

Hijacked by a Spambot!
I voted 98 because that's the only one of the three I have to practice on (at least for the neo).

How many neo setups are there going to be this year? I can always bring mine and a tv if need be. Plus I'm working on building a 15khz rgb lcd projector... dunno if you'd want to use that. :D

Magnaflux

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
We're going with '98 from all the info I've recieved and my personal bias. :smirk:

We'll probably have 3 neos (one MVS, two home systems) plus a Hyper along with some older SNK titles like Ikari (assuming TCO gets those rotaries working in time).

I have no idea what to give away as a prize, but it'll kickass.

@gamejunkie - if you want to hang out and set up something, you're more than welcome.

gamejunkie

Hijacked by a Spambot!
Man Ikari Warriors would be great.

I'll be hanging out for sure. If you guys have the table room, it wouldn't bother me a bit to bring my mvs, a tv, and sticks. Plus I'm building an enclosure for an Astro City panel with Seimitsu sticks and Sanwa buttons. The sticks feel like butter. :drool_2:

Also got all the new Playmore games on my ps2's hard drive if you guys want to do some KOFXI, SS6, or NGBC.

It's you guy's booth, so whatever you guys want to do is fine by me. I'm just looking to finally play some people that aren't controlled by the cpu. :tickled:

Magnaflux

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
gamejunkie said:
Man Ikari Warriors would be great.

I'll be hanging out for sure. If you guys have the table room, it wouldn't bother me a bit to bring my mvs, a tv, and sticks. Plus I'm building an enclosure for an Astro City panel with Seimitsu sticks and Sanwa buttons. The sticks feel like butter. :drool_2:

Also got all the new Playmore games on my ps2's hard drive if you guys want to do some KOFXI, SS6, or NGBC.

It's you guy's booth, so whatever you guys want to do is fine by me. I'm just looking to finally play some people that aren't controlled by the cpu. :tickled:

Bring that PS2 shit (NGBC/SST/KofXI), I demand it.

We have two 8' tables, there will be plenty of room.

I believe we'll be in an island with Game X Change, so I imagine that we'll have a corner spot.

If you decide to bring some things, you'll need to sign a disclaimer. Let me know.

gamejunkie

Hijacked by a Spambot!
Magnaflux said:
Bring that PS2 shit (NGBC/SST/KofXI), I demand it.

We have two 8' tables, there will be plenty of room.

I believe we'll be in an island with Game X Change, so I imagine that we'll have a corner spot.

If you decide to bring some things, you'll need to sign a disclaimer. Let me know.

Yeah, I'll bring the stuff. Guess I can sign it at the event?

Magnaflux

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
Next weekend holmes.

Prepare to get your faces rocked off by my '98 skills. :mad:

gamejunkie

Hijacked by a Spambot!
Man you're so going to own me it's not even funny. :tickled:

I was planning on buying a spare hard drive to stick in the ps2 (because I kinda used its' for movies), but I've decided I need to clean up my collection a little anyway. So, I should have ps2 Playmore stuff up and running on the ps2 sometime this weekend. The only problem is some of the newer games use 5 buttons instead of 4 (SS6), and I'm not sure about the other ones.... Do any of you have 6 button sticks for ps2? The official Atomiswave layout is a standard Street Fighter with the middle button in the bottom row capped off. I know Wes and WereJag have 6 button custom sticks... Is Wes planning on coming?

My two player Astro City panel stick is almost finished, almost. :chimp:

PS: I hope to have some Cave shooters on the ps2 also.

Weevus

15 year old,
15 Year Member
Sorry I can't make it guys. I'm going dowm to Norman that weekend to move into my apartment.:crying: I fucking missed it last year too.:oh_no: It's always right when school starts.:very_ang:

I'm also sorry I won't be able to beat Magna at '98. I'll back up my shit-talking someday. ;)

Magnaflux

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
gamejunkie said:
Man you're so going to own me it's not even funny. :tickled:

I was planning on buying a spare hard drive to stick in the ps2 (because I kinda used its' for movies), but I've decided I need to clean up my collection a little anyway. So, I should have ps2 Playmore stuff up and running on the ps2 sometime this weekend. The only problem is some of the newer games use 5 buttons instead of 4 (SS6), and I'm not sure about the other ones.... Do any of you have 6 button sticks for ps2? The official Atomiswave layout is a standard Street Fighter with the middle button in the bottom row capped off. I know Wes and WereJag have 6 button custom sticks... Is Wes planning on coming?

My two player Astro City panel stick is almost finished, almost. :chimp:

PS: I hope to have some Cave shooters on the ps2 also.

No worries. We have you covered.

@Weevus, no problem- maybe next time.

hozanto

n00b
I will have my SF table again this year. Trung will be at EVO so it will be just me.

Magnaflux

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
Weevus said:
Sorry I can't make it guys. I'm going dowm to Norman that weekend to move into my apartment.:crying: I fucking missed it last year too.:oh_no: It's always right when school starts.:very_ang:

I'm also sorry I won't be able to beat Magna at '98. I'll back up my shit-talking someday. ;)

I totally forgot about OSC.

I think is will be held on September 19th at OU. We had a blast last year despite my cowboy leanings. :kekeke:

@hozanto- where are you located this year? I think we're by Game Xchange. I haven't gotten a layout yet, I really should get on that.

Last edited:

hozanto

n00b
Magnaflux said:
@hozanto- where are you located this year? I think we're by Game Xchange. I haven't gotten a layout yet, I really should get on that.

Right behind you. I received the layout yesterday. Trung left for EVO today so he won't be joining us. Any way we could work out a deal to watch my table so I can shop and mingle a bit?

gamejunkie

Hijacked by a Spambot!
hozanto said:
Right behind you. I received the layout yesterday. Trung left for EVO today so he won't be joining us. Any way we could work out a deal to watch my table so I can shop and mingle a bit?

Hey man I'll help you out.

I just got SS6 working. YAY! It's pretty cool too, the music is really nice.

I've got to try KOF11 out some more because from what I can tell it locks up after a couple matches. This may just be on single player mode, but I'm not sure yet.

We HAVE to play some Melty Blood. OH MAN is that game fun.

Magnaflux

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
hozanto said:

That's not a problem. We have three people for sure + gamejunkie + some other guy who might make it. I think everyone has figured out to leave the wives/girlfriends at home this year.

gamejunkie

Hijacked by a Spambot!
Magnaflux said:
That's not a problem. We have three people for sure + gamejunkie + some other guy who might make it. I think everyone has figured out to leave the wives/girlfriends at home this year.

Is Wes coming? He hasn't posted in this thread.

gamejunkie

Hijacked by a Spambot!
When's this thing start tomorrow, and when should I show up with the tv and stuff?

Magnaflux

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
gamejunkie said:
When's this thing start tomorrow, and when should I show up with the tv and stuff?

Setup begins at 7PM tonight, the room will be locked afterwards.

I didn't see it on the ovge site, but for the past years it has started at 8AM.

I think we've been showing up around 7:30 each year, so I'd say shoot for that.

Do you still look like a hippy?

gamejunkie

Hijacked by a Spambot!
Magnaflux said:
Setup begins at 7PM tonight, the room will be locked afterwards.

I didn't see it on the ovge site, but for the past years it has started at 8AM.

I think we've been showing up around 7:30 each year, so I'd say shoot for that.

Do you still look like a hippy?

LOL, I have a ponytail still but no beard.

I'll have to get to bed early tonight I guess. :eek: