Pac-man Battle Royale (4 player vs)

Tung Fu ru

Actual Musician,
20 Year Member
The bar I work at got this game a little while ago. It's pretty bad ass and I think is pretty damn fun. My only complaint is that I hear one player is just you vs a cpu pac-man. It should just be one player pac-man on a big screen. We have the bar-top model with four drink holders (the same one that was at the MN state fair this year). I also hear that some Dave n Busters have the giant stand-up version. Anyone else play this game?

http://www.namcoamerica.com/game.php?gameid=30

here's a crappy game play vid:

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
I've played one at a DnB (stand up) and with four people it can get hectic and crazy very quickly. Its a very enjoyable twist on Pacman and I look for the machine whenever I'm at my local DnB

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
Yup, played this once on the big stand up version in an arcade in Rehoboth Beach. Fun, but Pac-Man Vs. is better.

ebinsugewa

Rosa's Tag-Team Partner
10 Year Member
I've played it. It's fine. It's usually like $1/play which is unfortunate.

noCLip

Camel Slug
they have it at 1up in denver and a few other places. 1up is a quarter a player so $1 for 4 people to play. It actually is pretty sweet. A few times the 1ups had a broken joystick or two, but ive noticed that with several of there games :(

Westcb

Give an Azn, A Break Here!,
they have it at 1up in denver and a few other places. 1up is a quarter a player so $1 for 4 people to play. It actually is pretty sweet. A few times the 1ups had a broken joystick or two, but ive noticed that with several of there games :(

Last time I went to 1up they had two stand up cocktail versions there.
I played a standup version at Dave n busters, Disney world, and one at wonder works the other day where it's setup on free play. I like the game a lot but if I could have one I would want the cocktail version for obvious space reasons.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

shadowkn55

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
15 Year Member
The cocktail version is great because it has built in beer holders.

Tung Fu ru

Actual Musician,
20 Year Member
I've played it. It's fine. It's usually like $1/play which is unfortunate.

That's dumb. At my bar it's only 50 cents a play, so only $2 for a full group, and it goes five rounds. Turns out with a few drinks in them, this game can get pretty nuts.

BTW for any of you MN members: I work at Rascals in Apple Valley.

Looking around online it seems like the cocktail cabs go for around $5K and the stand-up cabs go for a whopping $10K. Yikes.

mehguy

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
That's been at my local arcade for years man. It's quite fun with a couple of friends.

Last edited:

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
*I was at the new Las Vegas GameWorks, they didn't have it, for some odd reason.

It's a great party game but you need to have at least three players to truly enjoy it. Trying to play just two player isn't that much fun. My buddy Adam who runs his own arcade in Utah got an upgrade kit from Bandai/Namco to test almost a year ago. I'm not sure if it's been implemented into the rest of the games. From the videos he was sharing it gives the operator more options like adding CPU Pac-Men if you're not playing a full four player game and increased difficulty on the ghosts. I think there's also option team battles.

Last night I played another Co-Op Pac-Man game I never knew existed. In 1998 a company called CES- Creative Electronics and Software created cocktail arcade games that ran on carts much like an MVS called "Galaxy Games". The unit came pre-loaded with typical bar style games but operators could buy carts. The unit uses a trackball and two buttons. They had officially licensed packs from Atari to do stuff like Centipede but Namco licensed out both Ms. Pac-Man and Pac-Man. You play the game almost co-op/VS where there's two Pac-Men on the screen at the same time and you either work together or against each other. I got a video of it and I'll upload it soon.

http://www.arcade-history.com/?n=galaxy-games-multi-game-video-system&page=detail&id=14116

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Interesting. Especially the part where each player takes control of two pac-men.

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
That's dumb. At my bar it's only 50 cents a play, so only $2 for a full group, and it goes five rounds. Turns out with a few drinks in them, this game can get pretty nuts.

BTW for any of you MN members: I work at Rascals in Apple Valley.

Looking around online it seems like the cocktail cabs go for around $5K and the stand-up cabs go for a whopping $10K. Yikes.

I saw it at the State Fair maybe a couple of years ago too. Apple Valley? I used to work down there years ago an it was close to my apartment.