Pandora Box 3 Multi-Game 520-1 PCB

ryosnk

So I purchased the PB3 540 games in 1 from ebay seller mysticalbox. would any know if his PB3 boards are legit?

I should of asked before I bought.

wyndcrosser

Baseball Star Hitter
10 Year Member
Isn't the fact that it has the "PS4" like design usually mean it's a PB3 "legit" board? I thought that's what I read before.

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member

From the picture it looks like you bought the bootleg.

Everyone that buys that 'fake' one is retarded. Do your fucking homework. It's been stated numerous times (in this thread alone) that the one that looks like the PS4 is the 'real' one, yet one mental giant after another just puts "pandora's box 3" into a search engine and clicks on the one with the lowest price. You deserve to have your money stolen.

It's one thing if you fall for a 'bait-and-switch', or they send you the wrong one, but when the product is clearly pictured as looking different than what has been shown to you many times before, it's your own damn fault.

Last edited:

ryosnk

From the picture it looks like you bought the bootleg.

Everyone that buys that 'fake' one is retarded. Do your fucking homework. It's been stated numerous times (in this thread alone) that the one that looks like the PS4 is the 'real' one, yet one mental giant after another just puts "pandora's box 3" into a search engine and clicks on the one with the lowest price. You deserve to have your money stolen.

It's one thing if you fall for a 'bait-and-switch', or they send you the wrong one, but when the product is clearly pictured as looking different than what has been shown to you many times before, it's your own damn fault.

Dude calm down. All I asked was if this was legit and that's all. I didn't need to know all the bullshit that you decided to write down. Thanks for letting me know its a bootleg and just keep it chill.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
I was able to test out a bootleg version of the PB3, its just as bad as my Blue Elf 2009, a lot of games are so laggy especially the system 16 and SF3:3S. The mini PS4 one outperforms it by far.

casefresh

n00b
I was able to test out a bootleg version of the PB3, its just as bad as my Blue Elf 2009, a lot of games are so laggy especially the system 16 and SF3:3S. The mini PS4 one outperforms it by far.

Xian Xi, Hi there. I am looking to get one of your Pandora JAMMA adapters. I have an original Midway/Nintendo Killer Instinct cabinet with JAMMA. I need to easily add the buttons 456 that are wired into the main PCB to JAMMA / Pandora Box. Do you have an adapter that will make it work? Thanks very much.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Dude calm down. All I asked was if this was legit and that's all. I didn't need to know all the bullshit that you decided to write down. Thanks for letting me know its a bootleg and just keep it chill.

There's little to no excuse when we are this far, there's so much good info about the PB3 here that leaves little room for error. You didn't bother to look into it, no big deal, it's your loss anyway.

Hey can someone with both PB3 and PB4 do me a favour? I'd like to know how wide horizontally the PB4 picture is compared to the PB3 on a CRT. In other words, if you switch from the PB3 to the PB4, is the image wider if you don't adjust your monitor's settings?
The other reason I want to know the answer to this is: If the widths are the same, it suggests that the PB4 and PB3 have the exact same output resolution. If that is true, then it would mean that the way they 'fixed' the image getting cut off on the left hand side was to squeeze the full image into the same resolution. In other words, pixels would not be mapped 1 to 1, as it was for CPS 1/2/3 games on the PB3. Assuming they're using something like bilinear filtering to do that, it would explain the 'filtered' look people have been describing over CGA.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
How does Punisher play on the legit PB3? If I get the PB3 it's mainly just for the Bet'em ups.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
In all truthfulness the PB3 shines the most at CPS2 and CPS1 fighters 'cause there's not a lot of screen scrolling as opposed to a platformer like strider or ghouls n' ghosts or a brawler like final fight and punisher, however that's not saying those games don't play well, they play great but the screen tearing is more obvious as opposed to the fighters where the only screen tearing occurs during high jumps like in the vs series of cps2. Gameplay wise, as in timing and gravity of the game, CPS2 and CPS1 play excellent. You could easily play ST and not notice a damn thing.

A lot of games have scrolling issues 'cause of the pixel count being not uniform, in the case of the Neo and Konami games, however the rez is 240p, so the games do look real decent, better than anything with a filter or a MAME setup without a VGA arcade card. The system also shines in many other systems. I don't look at this as the ultimate way to play CPS2 and CPS1 but it's a nice alternative and I'd take this to a meetup over the real hardware for ease of use.

The legit PB3 with Xian Xi's JNX Atlas adapter is the best thing that has happened to our hobby in a very long time, if only the vert games were tated the world could be a better place...I whole heartedly recommended, take the risk RAZO, if you don't like it I will gladly buy it from you so I can have a second set for one of my battle stations, you have my word.

Speed3

Marked Wolf
After all the glowing reviews I decided to grab one. Now it's time for me to research whether or not I can plug it in to my 2 slot cab or if I can use a MVS to JAMMA adapter or vice versa or something.

Last edited:

munchiaz

Robert Garcia's Butler
Ive been on the fence about one of these for awhile. I read through a good portion of the forum, and it looks like PB3 is the best one to get right now. I have a Vega Jr. Control box, and with the JAMMA cable i have i'm guessing i will also need one of JNX atlas adapters. Posted some pics of my JAMMA harness. I'm pretty new to arcade stuff so any assistance is greatly appreciated. Sorry for the lack luster pictures

Azathoth

Galford's Armourer
20 Year Member
Hey can someone with both PB3 and PB4 do me a favour? I'd like to know how wide horizontally the PB4 picture is compared to the PB3 on a CRT. In other words, if you switch from the PB3 to the PB4, is the image wider if you don't adjust your monitor's settings?

As far as I can tell it handles exactly the same. By default both my PB3 and 4 have the same size black bars on the left and right when using a CRT.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Ive been on the fence about one of these for awhile. I read through a good portion of the forum, and it looks like PB3 is the best one to get right now. I have a Vega Jr. Control box, and with the JAMMA cable i have i'm guessing i will also need one of JNX atlas adapters. Posted some pics of my JAMMA harness. I'm pretty new to arcade stuff so any assistance is greatly appreciated. Sorry for the lack luster pictures

With the Atlas it would be plug and play with the Vega Jr.

I'm also almost out of this batch of Atlas adapters so get them while you can or wait two more months.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Xian Xi, Hi there. I am looking to get one of your Pandora JAMMA adapters. I have an original Midway/Nintendo Killer Instinct cabinet with JAMMA. I need to easily add the buttons 456 that are wired into the main PCB to JAMMA / Pandora Box. Do you have an adapter that will make it work? Thanks very much.

I can make those no problem.

Dirk2112

n00b
I just wanted to thank everyone for this thread. I couldn't find a lot of the answers I found here anywhere else.

I saw an awesome cocktail multicade, but couldn't get info on what was actually inside of it. It played vertically and horizontally depending on the game and based on that and the game list it has to be the Blue Elf. I mainly wanted the Centipede, Space Invaders, Pac-man, the Simpsons, Metal Slug, and the Turtles games. The Turtles game didn't play very well. I was hoping PB3 would be an upgrade, but then I wouldn't be able to play vertical games properly. It seems like there isn't a good easy solution for this. I wish I had the time to build a dedicated MAME machine.

Azathoth

Galford's Armourer
20 Year Member
Could someone be a sweetheart and share an image of their PB3 SD card, or a zip of the two partition's files?

The SD card in mine completely died. Tried making a backup using an image provided by another member but it froze after the starting movie, I didn't know if I had an issue with corrupt download or possibly a missing file. I have archives (both a complete image or individual file partitions) of the 4 if someone could recommend a place to upload them.

Edit....

Looks like the PB3 has a unique serial to each board that pairs the SD card. Since the number isn't printed anywhere and my card is completely kaput I might be shit outta luck

Last edited:

West

Mr. Big's Thug
So have you guys been following this? http://openthepandora.ovh/ sorry if old news first time I saw it was today.

The exploit those guys are doing works only on the version of the PB3 which I believe is derivative of the game elf, runs poorly, and should generally be avoided in comparison to the version of the PB3 listed on the first post of this thread. Too bad they can't get the exploit working on the PB3 which works well, and people have had the best experience with so far. That biz would be freaking awesome.

munchiaz

Robert Garcia's Butler
The exploit those guys are doing works only on the version of the PB3 which I believe is derivative of the game elf, runs poorly, and should generally be avoided in comparison to the version of the PB3 listed on the first post of this thread. Too bad they can't get the exploit working on the PB3 which works well, and people have had the best experience with so far. That biz would be freaking awesome.

Yeah, whats the point of the extra games, if they run poorly.