Panzer Paladin - Anyone Play This Yet!? IT'S AWESOME!

yagamikun

Art of Typing Wiz
20 Year Member
Anyone try out Panzer Paladin? I had no idea this game was coming out, but when I randomly saw it on Steam this afternoon I immediately bought it. Best $20 I've spent all summer. It's on Switch or Steam. Not sure about PS4.

It's like if Mega Man, Castlevania, Blaster Master, and MetalStorm had a very strange love child.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYofygShVGw&ab_channel=Nintendo

Last edited:

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
This game actually looks awesome, love the cheesy 90's style commercial with excessive flames.

ForeverSublime

6400|!!|Kyo Clone
20 Year Member
Staying tuned - great find! Looks like it was released just shortly before you posted, so good on these guys for their vision spreading fast. At first I was confused how there were only 7 reviews on Steam.

Liking the Rastan style running animation with the interchangeable weapons.

Last edited:

yagamikun

Art of Typing Wiz
20 Year Member
Staying tuned - great find! Looks like it was released just shortly before you posted, so good on these guys for their vision spreading fast. At first I was confused how there were only 7 reviews on Steam.

Liking the Rastan style running animation with the interchangeable weapons.

The weapon system is really cool - each one has a magic attack you can use by breaking it. The magic can either be a buff for your character, an attack, or health boost. Weapons are also your currency for permanent upgrades to your mech. The game is appropriately tough on Normal for any old-school gamer who cut their teeth on Mega Man or Castlevania. It is a nice touch for those not as adept at action-platformers that they can change the difficulty on the stage select screen and not lose any progress if things get too hard. I'd say the pacing is about on par with the Bloodstained Curse of the Moon games - a bit slower like classic Castlevania but with a bit more mobility.

This game came out of nowhere, but I'm glad I stumbled upon it. There's too many 2D Metroidvanias in the indy space, so Panzer is actually a breath of fresh air. If I see another add for a "ZOMG CASTLEVANIA ORGY METROID GOODNESS LOVINGLY CRAFTED" nonsense I'll hurl. :hammer: I love that style game, but the market is crowded with them.

This is easily the best new 2D platformer I've played since The Messenger.

Last edited:

ForeverSublime

6400|!!|Kyo Clone
20 Year Member
Weapons are also your currency for permanent upgrades to your mech

Very, very cool. I love the multi-purpose concept.

Sounds like they came up with a cool way to handle challenge, too. I'd love to see a little Ghosts n' Goblins style map that shows which segments you had it at which difficulty.