Paprium for real 2020, got my conformation email for delivery!?

ratson

Hyperactive Stoner
15 Year Member
Wouldn't mind if paypal made them wait for 8 years.

mhell06

n00b
I almost want this game, but I just don't like the developer. Don't know how they expect anyone to trust them (him?) again. Too many uncertainties.

Ukyo

20 Year Member
anyone playing?

I got my package a few weeks ago, been chipping away at original mode on very hard. the "throne" mechanic is a cool concept for a beat'em up. the basic combat mechanics are very enjoyable. mix of stuff here, move set in terms of options is closer to SOR 1 than 2, (less aerial options and standing slams) but it makes up for it with depth in other areas: you have blocking which can be fun in some cases, there is a ground and pound mechanic like in vendetta, and grappling is pretty good, you can grab and drag enemies into position, and push as well as throw. the blu drug mechanic modifies things in interesting ways like nerf to blocking, sprinting and overall power. there is a lot of hate about jump kicks in various discussions i'm seeing around, but you can def get caught on very hard just jump kicking. also some simple and hilarious vehicles and some cool weapons. i'm looking forward to unlocking the hardest difficulty after completing very hard original mode.

the game is gigantic with split pathing too, and there are 4 main routes that are near average length of most beat'em ups. skyline, mid-level, low-level, and underground. they all have their own vibe, and they interconnect in unique ways with transitional segments / bosses. in terms of influences this is like SOR+Mutation Nation+Two Crude Dudes. one of the characters even does one of the crude buster stage complete poses. amazing soundtrack, you can quibble about some animation and sprites, muted hit fx, etc, but overall as a package this game is very fun and aesthetically untouchable. worth the wait.

I also got the grand stick III, wondering if anyone else has the issue of the buttons being ridiculously sensitive, i thought that fonzie's "a-board" thing was just marketing talk, but you literally breath on the buttons and they fire. I actually stopped using the stick for now because it was fucking my runs up.

ysselcneogeo

Fio's Quartermaster
10 Year Member
anyone playing?

I got my package a few weeks ago, been chipping away at original mode on very hard. the "throne" mechanic is a cool concept for a beat'em up. the basic combat mechanics are very enjoyable. mix of stuff here, move set in terms of options is closer to SOR 1 than 2, (less aerial options and standing slams) but it makes up for it with depth in other areas: you have blocking which can be fun in some cases, there is a ground and pound mechanic like in vendetta, and grappling is pretty good, you can grab and drag enemies into position, and push as well as throw. the blu drug mechanic modifies things in interesting ways like nerf to blocking, sprinting and overall power. there is a lot of hate about jump kicks in various discussions i'm seeing around, but you can def get caught on very hard just jump kicking. also some simple and hilarious vehicles and some cool weapons. i'm looking forward to unlocking the hardest difficulty after completing very hard original mode.

the game is gigantic with split pathing too, and there are 4 main routes that are near average length of most beat'em ups. skyline, mid-level, low-level, and underground. they all have their own vibe, and they interconnect in unique ways with transitional segments / bosses. in terms of influences this is like SOR+Mutation Nation+Two Crude Dudes. one of the characters even does one of the crude buster stage complete poses. amazing soundtrack, you can quibble about some animation and sprites, muted hit fx, etc, but overall as a package this game is very fun and aesthetically untouchable. worth the wait.

I also got the grand stick III, wondering if anyone else has the issue of the buttons being ridiculously sensitive, i thought that fonzie's "a-board" thing was just marketing talk, but you literally breath on the buttons and they fire. I actually stopped using the stick for now because it was fucking my runs up.
Yeah im absolutely loving my copy. Got all the characters unlocked. Still havent "beat" the game but I play it from time to time and enjoy it greatly. Visually and music wise I think its better than any other 16 bit beatum up period and i'd say its better than any neogeo beatum also. I mean Sengoku 3 is the only thing that even remotely looks good for the system and this looks way better and has way more going on.