PC and arcade dual mode monitor

segundosombra

Cheng's Errand Boy
Hi all!

I am trying to get a descent picture from a pc on a Wei Ya 15-31khz dual mode monitor (from a Pump it up machine). I just got a perfect 640x480 resolution but my goal is 800x600. In this mode the better thing I can see is a vertical scrolling image but I can't stop it. Note that V.Hold potentiometer is not present in this board and there are no signs that there is been before. Is there any other way to stop the scrolling image?

Btw, I am using a NVIDIA GeFORCE 7200GS with 512 MB and Powerstrip.

Thanks in advance.

Marcelo

Testocules

Fio's Quartermaster
You may want to look around on the web, but I do not think a monitor that only supports 31 khz will do 800x600. I think 31 khz is equivalent to 640x480 which is why you are able to display that resolution. To do 800x600 @60 Hz you will need a monitor that supports horizontal sync at 37.9 khz.

-Test

segundosombra

Cheng's Errand Boy
Thanks for the reply, Test. I knew it, but I already did it with 15khz monitor + PowerStrip software, so I supposed that I could do it with this one and thus get a better and bigger image (29" against the oldest 21"). Do you think that it will not work anyway?

Marcelo

channelmaniac

Mr Neo Fix-it
15 Year Member
Check the specs in the manual for the monitor to see:

1 - Will it support 800 x 600
2 - What sync signals does it support?

If you see the picture perfectly but yet it still is rolling then you might simply need to invert the vertical sync to get it to display properly.

RJ

segundosombra

Cheng's Errand Boy
I can't find a manual (or schematics) on the web fro my monitor, however I tried other way to fix the problem but... no success. So I have changed all monitor and board for a new 15khz one. This time I can display a 800x600 resolution from my PC using an arcadevga card :)

Anyway thanks for your help Test an RJ.