PC Engine/Turbografx Beginner Tips

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Man, what I wouldn't give to throw 80's Madonna in the back of my van...

Ren-chan

F I R E W A L L, M Y A S S !,
Get a bit more money, get an everdrive, test the games and go nuts. Emulation also helps to test things out. Good luck!

Yeah, Everdrive is one of the things I wanna buy... but somehow I feel like I will download all (already have lol) but I won't be playing much since there are so many games I will just try 5 minutes and will get bored. Same as when you get your modchip on psx/ps2... download a zillion games and you don't play any at all (at least what happened to me).

Also, kill me please, never played Vigilante :lolz:

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
Glad this thread came back up. Now that I've got a PCE I'm starting over so this is great. How much are the Everdrives going for PCE?

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Yeah, Everdrive is one of the things I wanna buy... but somehow I feel like I will download all (already have lol) but I won't be playing much since there are so many games I will just try 5 minutes and will get bored. Same as when you get your modchip on psx/ps2... download a zillion games and you don't play any at all (at least what happened to me).

Also, kill me please, never played Vigilante :lolz:
It happens with roms too. It's just the overload of games at your disposal that makes you take for granted the opportunity to play some great titles, however if you're a dedicated type of player you can have an amazing time when you have it all your disposal, think of it as a test to a game you really want. I have a very short list of games I'd like to own even though I have the everdrive, the games are that good and I know I'd appreciate having the actual hue card.

jtucci31

n00b
Final Soldier, like most PCE shooters, is unfortunately rising in price.

Get 'em now while you can and get them all. Blow all of your money on PCE games you don't even think you'll want to play just so that you'll have them when they skyrocket to 300% their price from 6 months ago. :thevt:

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
All the mentioned are great.

Legendary axe is one of my favorites.
Final soldier is awesome.
Yokai dochuuki, sire I spelled that wrong,is super cheap, and for some reason addicting. Its called shadow land or something.

Would also add ninja spirit if it's cheap still, and adventure island (dragons curse).

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
PCE is a system where I found that almost every single game has an awesome soundtrack.
On my top, Lords of Thunder is still nr 1.

Gate of Thunder's ST gets overlooked far too often.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Lurdz of Thanduuuur!!!!!

I can hear the heavy riff intro....TAN TAAAN...tu tu tu tu tu tu TAN TAN...that close up right there...TAN TAN...you know...the coolest guy...TAN TAN...that's me! Can you hear the riff of rainbows and see my glorious armor?!

BLACK GATES OF BABYLON!!!!!

Last edited:

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
I believe legendary axe won game of the year, the year it was released.

Legendary axe two, isn't really a legendary axe game, but it's still solid.

Ren-chan

F I R E W A L L, M Y A S S !,
Lurdz of Thanduuuur!!!!!

I can hear the heavy riff intro....TAN TAAAN...tu tu tu tu tu tu TAN TAN...that close up right there...TAN TAN...you know...the coolest guy...TAN TAN...that's me! Can you hear the riff of rainbows and see my glorious armor?!

BLACK GATES OF BABYLON!!!!!

I hear ya man!

Edit:
Neways, I pm'ed BigAl just in case he still has some pce titles for sale, he had a cheap Legendary Axe back then.

Last edited:

Liquid Snake

I am untouchable
20 Year Member
Vigilante is repetitive but it's short enough for it not to matter. Also, it's fucking awesome.

^^^
true. It's repetitive but fun little 20 min game :)
I like JPN cover art better than US one.
NEC-PC-Engine-HuCard-Vigilante-JAPAN-JP.jpg

WoodyXP

Setsuna's Owl Keeper,
15 Year Member
Yeah I pumped a lot of quarters into Vigilante when I couldn't get a Double Dragon cab. Great game, and the PC Engine port came out nicely.