PC Guns

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
So I want to make a PC-based gun build. Looks like there are a few options for guns.

-Aimtrak
-Sinden
-Gun4IR

People seem not to like Aimtrak...like its dragging a mouse across a screen. The preference definitely seems to be for Gun4IR and/or Sinden...but I think they are quite a bit pricier than Aimtrak and never seem to be in stock or have long wait times. I think if you buy a non-recoil Sinden now the ship date is targeted to January.

Anyone have any experience with any of these? Any clear preference or ones to avoid?

Any others worth looking at?

Azathoth

Galford's Armourer
20 Year Member
I've got 2 Aimtraks I've had for a few years, one in a Guncon case and the other in a generic Time Crisis pistol shell with a slide on top attached to a recoil solenoid. I can't speak to the others but the Aimtrak is fine for what it is. I also like the fact it works as a Guncon 2 for a PS2 console.

Relying on an IR sensor is never going to give you true line-of-sight aiming like a CRT would. You can calibrate an Aimtrak good enough for it but you'll have to sit/stand in that general spot. A lot of games use a crosshair anyway so it's not a complete deal breaker.

I do have to say that recoil, no matter if it's just a shitty weak clanking solenoid knocker or some mega badass slide mech, IMO is a bit overrated if you actually plan on playing a game for more than 5 minutes.

SpamYouToDeath

I asked for a, Custom Rank and, Learned My Lesson.
15 Year Member
I remember my Act Labs VGA lightgun working pretty well. Might need some fiddling to work these days.

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
41HoZpW7duL.jpg