PCE Super SD System 3 - Terraonion New Product (Dec 2017)

powerflower

Banned
Think I posted that?

Superfast Autofire (like 1 shot/frame) via firmware? Many if not all shooters will profit from that.

Last edited:

powerflower

Banned
Hahaha! Good one. Fair enough;) But hey I was asked to suggest stuff for firmware...

So that makes 2:1 for me i guess?

But seriously 1/60 AF is something you don't wanna miss once played. As the PCE has (or have?) tons of excellent shooters. AC-Stick or Pad AF isn't fast enough. Try Ultimate Tiger, a dream.

Last edited:

neodev

Neosd Tech
Hahaha! Good one. Fair enough;) But hey I was asked to suggest stuff for firmware...

So that makes 2:1 for me i guess?

But seriously 1/60 AF is something you don't wanna miss once played. As the PCE has (or have?) tons of excellent shooters. AC-Stick or Pad AF isn't fast enough. Try Ultimate Tiger, a dream.

I think it's not possible because games read the gamepad directamente from the input ports, and we can't trap that. It would need a transistor for each button data line, like the actual hardware does, to pull the line up or down as needed.

powerflower

Banned
Aha, got you. I thought the Ext. has access to controller input.

Maybe I'll try to make a mini circuit which hopefully fits into the pad. So I have to deal with GND and + for each button only.

Gracias

Last edited:

powerflower

Banned
As I said in comparison to 60Hz rapid fire... pad or stick has no chance. I doesn't work anyway. Try MameUIFX rfire 60Hz and then via pad/stick.

Last edited:

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
As I said in comparison to 60Hz rapid fire... pad or stick has no chance. I doesn't work anyway. Try MameUIFX rfire 60Hz and then via pad/stick.

So if they were to do it, what would be your new excuse for sucking at gaming?

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
What about remapping buttons, for instance, on a Hori 6 button pad? Is that something that can be done?

powerflower

Banned
So if they were to do it, what would be your new excuse for sucking at gaming?

I know what you mean:-J Since I played most of the shooter library to death with pad rfire it would be a new and fun experience to plough through Tatsujin etc. These games are still hard to beat. It's fun! Grumpy granpa...

Again it doesn't work without modding the PCE anyway, so I will suck forever...

Edit: Look at Cave, they do it out of the box;)

What about remapping buttons, for instance, on a Hori 6 button pad? Is that something that can be done?

Not without modding your PCE. The Ext. bus has no access to controller input.

Last edited:

Syntax_x

n00b
The correct way to run a rapid fire setup is to run it off divisions of the sync signal.

So for all this to work you could make a pass thru card that connects between the ssds3 and links to the controllerports, then the controllers plug in.

A complete 3rd party solution. Just need someone to make it.

Last edited:

One100bill

n00b
Can’t wait to get mine. I’ll be using it on a Super Grafx. Hopefully they’re no issues with that system. Thanks NEOSD!!

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
Can’t wait to get mine. I’ll be using it on a Super Grafx. Hopefully they’re no issues with that system. Thanks NEOSD!!

NeoSD mentioned SuperGrafx's can have bad caps iirc. If there's an issue check them first. They've tested everything else they can.

powerflower

Banned
The correct way to run a rapid fire setup is to run it off divisions of the sync signal.

So for all this to work you could make a pass thru card that connects between the ssd3s and links to the controllerports, then the controllers plug in.

A complete 3rd party solution. Just need someone to make it.

Sounds interesting. Just one question, since there is some en/decoding going on in every PCE pad. So i guess you have to tap directly from the pad's circuit board. In other words before the the signal enters the IC, right?

Last edited:

Syntax_x

n00b
We don't need to speculate on what needs to be done to make it work, leave that to someone smarter.

For now the idea is out there. Job done.

One100bill

n00b
NeoSD mentioned SuperGrafx's can have bad caps iirc. If there's an issue check them first. They've tested everything else they can.

It’s working great and I’m using the Engine Block AV from Stone Age gamer with the Turbo Everdrive via RGB into Framemeister. Hopefully it’ll give me no issues. Thanks

neosd

Neosd Developer
Blah Blah Blah... not on Topic...

And here it comes again.

Talking about something unrelated with Super SD System 3, that dosent even is for sale.

Just a sugestion : why don´t you open a separate thread to talk about that ? you can especualte there all day long.

I don´t think i can live with this drama on this thread another year : my device loads faster than yours, my device will be better and bla bla bla bla.

So laziness to see this again

Last edited:

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
I have released all War Room Locked accounts... pertaining to the thread...

This is a public information announcement...

xROTx