PCE Super SD System 3 - Terraonion New Product (Dec 2017)

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
Problem fixed. We found a problem with the email account that sends out the new user activation links (and PM notices).

This has been fixed and new user account emails have been re-sent.

Sorry for that folks.

If any of you guys use Twitter, feel free to reach out to me there in case of any problems. It's @ToddsNerdCave

got it! thanks!

Tripredacus

Three 6 Mafia
10 Year Member
I haven't read Brazil import laws in a while... has it changed so that this doesn't count as contraband? I remember there was some dumb law where any electronic device that cost more than $30 (of some currency) would just be confiscated.

Seren

n00b
I haven't read Brazil import laws in a while... has it changed so that this doesn't count as contraband? I remember there was some dumb law where any electronic device that cost more than $30 (of some currency) would just be confiscated.

I think it's still in place, as I still don't ship there (too many issues like this tbh) on losing money on electrical items.

Zebpro

n00b
Hi there,

I ordered mine on the 04/22 and I just receive an email about its shipping done today!! :buttrock: :multi_co: :cool:

The DHL email tells me it should arrive tomorrow (I live in France that's why it's so fast :)).

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
Hi there,

I ordered mine on the 04/22 and I just receive an email about its shipping done today!! :buttrock: :multi_co: :cool:

The DHL email tells me it should arrive tomorrow (I live in France that's why it's so fast :)).

I bet TerraOnion would like to hear that!

They check their forums but rarely come here anymore.

opt2not

Fu'un-Ken Master
10 Year Member
"neo-geo.com...for all your TerraOnion shipping inquiry needs"

Xavier

Orochi's Acolyte
20 Year Member
Hey, guys. Is there a link for the program that allows us to add the bitmap images for our games in the preview window? I can't seem to find it on Terraonion's site.
http://www.neosdstore.com/news/wp-content/uploads/2018/01/GameDbManager-3.zip

Got mine yesterday ordered around 4/6 and shipped via UPS. Ups came through for once and I got it 3 days early!
No problems what so ever that I can tell. Video looks great using cheap Ebay scart cart cable and after market power supply.

Oops earlier I said I thought 64gb should be big enough for an sd card. My games were all zipped so I'll need to pick and choose and clean up a bit more.

Hesterfu

n00b
I GOT MINE TODAY!! :)

I cant register my unit on the download page. It says "The product serial number does not exist."

Can i get some help?

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
I GOT MINE TODAY!! :)

I cant register my unit on the download page. It says "The product serial number does not exist."

Can i get some help?

Sure, go to their forums.

Hesterfu

n00b
My timeline....

- Ordered mine - March 23rd
- Shipping notification (by UPS) - May 10th
- Arrived to Mexico - May 15th
- I was charged $100 USD for custom fees! hahahahahaha, shit. But well, fast and sceure shipping to Mexico is not cheap.

Max

n00b
Does anyone know if this fabulous Super SD Sytem 3 is still in stock on their neosd store? I'd like to buy it one of these days...Moreover, I read there were some issues with the rgb output signal, has it been solved yet?
Thanks for your kind reply....I'm a newcomer here in this forum....
cheers

Max

Dochartaigh

Edo Express Delivery Guy
Does anyone know if this fabulous Super SD Sytem 3 is still in stock on their neosd store? I'd like to buy it one of these days...Moreover, I read there were some issues with the rgb output signal, has it been solved yet?
Thanks for your kind reply....I'm a newcomer here in this forum....
cheers

Max

RGB output is improved for many people, but others still have issues in areas of solid color (diagonal banding and/or lines of a lightly different shade or whatnot). Mine looks fine on my CRT's but don't think I've tried it on my OSSC or Framemeister on a flatscreen/LED TV yet. Bigger problem for me is there's an annoying buzz sound from the audio whenever the SD card is accessed (during CD games mostly) which personally drives me crazy (but then it doesn't bother some people so YMMV).

For questions about stock I haven't been keeping tabs of that, but you can check on their forum: https://forums.terraonion.com/ .
In the past it was common knowledge that it would take multiple weeks before you get it no matter what.

Last edited:

Max

n00b
RGB output is improved for many people, but others still have issues in areas of solid color (diagonal banding and/or lines of a lightly different shade or whatnot). Mine looks fine on my CRT's but don't think I've tried it on my OSSC or Framemeister on a flatscreen/LED TV yet. Bigger problem for me is there's an annoying buzz sound from the audio whenever the SD card is accessed (during CD games mostly) which personally drives me crazy (but then it doesn't bother some people so YMMV).

For questions about stock I haven't been keeping tabs of that, but you can check on their forum: https://forums.terraonion.com/ .
In the past it was common knowledge that it would take multiple weeks before you get it no matter what.

Thanks mate, you have been so clear and exhausted to me....I'l have a look at the forum for sure!!!!!
Cheers

c0op3r

n00b
I ordered one of the PCE Super SD System 3 and one of the NeoSD MVS units - now I wait.

Tgames

War Room Troll

Of course it's bother customers, but each times we said something on the problems of the SSD3, each times some people treat us as shit
They said "It's playable and RGB is not measurable" LOL... You are a stupid french etc etc... so much love =)

I'm happy with the V2, it's HUGE better than the V1 but not still good as expected (buzzy sound, lines on RGB). BUT it's really a huge improvement over the V1.

But still a alpha/beta device with lot of problems. But like it said it's a huge improvement over the V1 (i can compare them, i was a customer of the V1).

The V1 was a shame the V2 is "good"... I'm honest now it's playable, not very good but playable (after you use the V1, you will see the V2 totally differently).

Anyway, i think we will never get a SSD3 without any issues but i hope the buzzy sound will be fixed in future updates...

Last edited:

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
Of course it's bother customers, but each times we said something on the problems of the SSD3, each times some people treat us as shit
They said "It's playable and RGB is not measurable" LOL... You are a stupid french etc etc... so much love =)

Who else is making something like this? You?

If it's not "imperfect RGB" its some other fucking complaint. People like you are never fucking happy.

Tgames

War Room Troll
A 240€ product and you don't want a product of quality ?! ==> Extremely expensive if you compare with Everdrives/GDEmu/PSIO.

For a cheap product i can undestand but here... some people are too kind i will say (not using bad words)

So why not every console with composite signal ? Or RF signal ? It's playable right ?

So why people buy Nes HDMI, N64 HDMI, Nes RGB... if they don't want a good picture for retrogaming.

Same for PC Engine dude ! Better RGB mod circuit exists, why not a simple RGB signal with jailbars and buzzing sound ? People like me are never happy you have fucking right :D.

I pay for something, this thing is extremely expensive and i want something good ! No sense you have sooooo right !

Tell this to Retro Gaming Cables customers or even Packapunch owners, they will laugh with what you said.

Even My Life in Gaming or Rob (RetroRGB) says that today we need a pure good RGB signal for own consoles, because we are purist and retrogamers and we want products of quality.

Last edited:

FilthyRear

15 Year Member
For 240, the product does everything it was intended to do, and the picture through composite is beautiful, crisp, and clean on my XM29.

Seems to me the majority of complaints are people trying to run it through upscalers and bitching that there's no RGB.

But if the French thinks they can make a product like this, then more power to them.

Tgames

War Room Troll
"Composite is beautiful, crips, and clean"

:O :O :O :O

I can't say anything more to this ! LOL

Edit : Everything except Hucard, lot of games are glitched dude ! Test your device before say this !
Everything except crips CD playback... Lot of noices on sound and i'm not the only one to say this !

Last edited:

FilthyRear

15 Year Member
Edit : Everything except Hucard, lot of games are glitched dude ! Test your device before says this !

I havent had any games "glitch" on me, homeboy, looks like yours is broken.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
A 240€ product and you don't want a product of quality ?! ==> Extremely expensive if you compare with Everdrives.

For a cheap product i can undestand but here... some people are too kind i will say.

So why not every console with composite signal ? Or RF signal ? It's playable right ?

So why people buy Nes HDMI, N64 HDMI, Nes RGB... if they don't want a good picture for retrogaming.

Same for PC Engine dude ! Better RGB mod circuit exists, why not a simple RGB signal with jailbars and buzzing sound ? People like me are never happy you have fucking right :D.

I pay for something, this thing is extremely expensive and i want something good !

I think that the TerraOnion support forum is up. Why don't you go over there and complain?

I've been messing around with mine for a good amount of time now and hardly notice the issues you mentioned. Only issue I've noticed is I'll sometimes lose the music on some of the Intro's in some of my CD games but that could be a issue with my CD files and not the super sd. If I want perfection I'll hunt down the original CD and play it on my rgb modded duo but I love the convenience factor of the Super Sd.

Want a perfect device? Fix the issues yourself or build a better device. You could also just hint down some of these original CD games and hu cards that might set you back as much as the price of the Super Sd.

Tgames

War Room Troll
Says that My Life in Gaming are lyers, i encounter EXACTLY the game glitchs like them in lot of HuCard games !

Also it's not my fault if in france we had RGB Scart in own TV since the beginning.

We never use the composite signal (awful signal by the way). Except on Nes (it's RGB from composite) and Nintendo 64 (the Nintendo 64 had the circuit without composents for RGB only in french model)

Master System, Megadrive, PC Engine, Saturn, Dreamcast, Snes, Gamecube, Xbox, PS1/PS2 all are RGB in france.

We recognised the quality of picture... :p

Last edited: