PCE Super SD System 3 - Terraonion New Product (Dec 2017)

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
Sounds like a poorly shielded cable to me.

I mean, there might still be some very low level audio buzzing in the background, but nothing to the point where it overpowers the audio.

torgo100

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Man, the RGB fanatics are at peak performance on Facebook today, yet all of the people complaining don't even have one and are making their judgments from what other people have reported.

I have 0 issue with the video output on mine. I think that it looks fantastic!

nevets14

n00b
I believe the boosted sync cables have been largely discredited at this point as being out of spec. Do you have an old genesis composite cable to check to see if it buzzes?

Actually, I think I do. I'll try that today and report back. Is there a recommended Gen2 RGB cable for this I should buy?

RevQuixo

Rugal's Panther
20 Year Member
Man, the RGB fanatics are at peak performance on Facebook today, yet all of the people complaining don't even have one and are making their judgments from what other people have reported.

I have 0 issue with the video output on mine. I think that it looks fantastic!

I'm having zero issues with a Csync RGB cable through OSSC..I however am getting video noise (the same diagonal noise that happened on the Rev 1) through HD Retrovision cables. Not a huge deal to me as I am fine using RGB, but there is definitely a variety of outcomes still happening even with the rev 2 boards.

IMG_2343.JPG

Last edited:

torgo100

Kuroko's Training Dummy
I'm having zero issues with a Csync RGB cable through OSSC..I however am getting video noise (the same diagonal noise that happened on the Rev 1) through HD Retrovision cables. Not a huge deal to me as I am fine using RGB, but there is definitely a variety of outcomes still happening even with the rev 2 boards.

View attachment 49515

I don't have that at all through my OSSC

RevQuixo

Rugal's Panther
20 Year Member
I don't have that at all through my OSSC

I'm assuming you aren't using HD Retrovision cables either.

They use sync over composite video, so while CSYNC seems to be working well for me sync over composite video does not. Either that or there is something else about the HDR cables that don't like the SSDS3. Incidently the same noise happens both with or without the OSSC.

Last edited:

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member
I've been using a composite video sync cable from that retro consoles accessories chick and I am not happy with what I am seeing. The lpf on the OSSC helps, but there's lots of room for improvement. I have a PACKAPUNCH (why are they yelling?) cable on its way here now.

Dochartaigh

Edo Express Delivery Guy
I've been using a composite video sync cable from that retro consoles accessories chick

Did you get the regular 5' long one, or the upgraded coaxial version cable? (just wondering as I have the coaxial version waiting for when my SSD3 gets here)

Mine just arrived. I had pre-ordered January 21, got the shipped notification on March 28 and it arrived today March 30th, very fast! So far just been toying with it over rf connection and everything seems to work fine with my Turbografx-16, fits well and works well. I may use it tonight live on Twitch via scart cable and put it through it's paces.

comp1demon

n00b
Anyone who RGB modded their system prior to getting the SYSTEM 3? If So.. how is it working for you? Can you get RGB out the port you modded instead of using system 3 RGB?

fille1976

Crossed Swords Squire
Anyone who RGB modded their system prior to getting the SYSTEM 3? If So.. how is it working for you? Can you get RGB out the port you modded instead of using system 3 RGB?

Yep,thats working,but you don't get cd music in cd games,tryed that on my rev1 ssds3.
I have a core grafx and in the begin i tryed with rgb cable connected on the core grafx,worked fine,but no cd music.
Now i have a packapunch pro,and its working fine.

Last edited:

nevets14

n00b
I believe the boosted sync cables have been largely discredited at this point as being out of spec. Do you have an old genesis composite cable to check to see if it buzzes?

Just tried it with my gen2 composit cable. SD card buzz still there. Faulty unit?

comp1demon

n00b
Wonder if there are PINS on the explanation port I could solder to and create RCA out jacks next to the RGB port so I can use the Installed RGB port instead of the System 3 RGB to get CD music?

Last edited:

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Wonder if there are PINS on the explanation port I could solder to and create RCA out jacks next to the RGB port so I can use the Installed RGB port instead of the System 3 RGB to get CD music?

This seems a little out of control man. What's the big deal about using the port on the SSDS3? The whole purpose of this product is so you wouldn't have to modify a console.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
I finally received my 4 consoles PC Engine CoreGrafX I&II after more than 2 months of shipping from Japan ship, it came back to me at 40 € per console on average.

7a8a99181fdc841356b5e297b40446ed.jpg

I bought a Micro SD Card Samsung 256GB EVO PLUS 103e to Amazon and I just ordered for the PCE Super SD System 3!!!

I will put on sale the 3 remaining console to finance the PCE Super SD System 3.

Oh so you're going to flip them, how quaint.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
You could use use some Genesis 2 composite cables and pull there audio from there, that would closely mimick what you'd have to do on a real pic cd rig anyway. Alternatively, you could tap the audio pins on the SD3 output and and mini audio jack or RCA jacks to the SD3.

FBBTJ

n00b
Hello,

Thank you so much for this great product. This is awesome !

I still have a little question : The Super SD System 3 works with the PC Engine LT, but since the CD sound is not sent back to the PC Engine, we just have the image and the "basic sound" on the console and not the CD music. Is there a solution to that or do you think you will release a version that will return the CD sound to the interface in the future ?

I doubt that this feature is not useful for the majority of PCE players, but I still ask because we are always looking for the ultimate device when we love a console.

Thank you so much, I had a great evening on my Coregrafx ;-)

Neo NooNaN

Quiz Detective
Unmodded Supergrafx with CSYNC PackAPunch.

Video looks great. SD audio buzz ��

Exactly the same setup for me with the same result. Supergrafx is in pristine condition and untouched. I don't get any buzz at all with a composite cable straight from the console without the SD3 connected. I believe I have another Gen2 RGB cable around and will test with that and post the results. I opened up the pack-a-punch and things look and test correct so far. Same cable with a Gen2 and it's clean without buzz.

Last edited:

nevets14

n00b
Exactly the same setup for me with the same result. Supergrafx is in pristine condition and untouched. I don't get any buzz at all with a composite cable straight from the console without the SD3 connected. I believe I have another Gen2 RGB cable around and will test with that and post the results. I opened up the pack-a-punch and things look and test correct so far. Same cable with a Gen2 and it's clean without buzz.

I did try a gen 2 composite cable earlier and still get the SD card buzz. All three cables I tried and 2 TG consoles are produce the SD card buzz.

skel28

n00b
If anyone else is finding it fiddly to get the MicroSD card out (or is it just me?) then this might help, it's MicroSD card extension cable, I got two a while back, been using one in my Sega Saturn and now using the other in my SSD3 :) Go to aliexpress dot com and search for the following item number - 32798169833. I hope this helps. Cheers

Hey guys, so I just tried it with my Genesis 2 to scart cable and the image is all yellow. I assume this means my scart cable is bad? I haven't tested the cable on anything else before. The scart converter I know is good because I use that with my Genesis 1, and I know the TG-16 is good because the image looks correct with rf out.

IMG_20180331_033303.jpg