• Natural

Votes: 12 17.1%
  • I am allergic

Votes: 3 4.3%

• Total voters

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
Any kind is cool with me, but crunchy is definitely the best.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Crunchy Lover!

When you say Natural are you talking about the one that you have to mix right after you open it? Smuckers makes a crunchy natural which is awesome but the oilm rises to the top and the crunch settles on the bottom so you gotta mix it like it's a mission, pretty crazy but so damn good!

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member
I've always been a creamy PB guy, but today we had a PB&J potluck at work and I made a sando with crunchy. I have to say, it was pretty damned good.

Jibbajaba

10 Year Member
PB&J potluck? Tell me more.

Well, it's a long and stupid story but here you go, anyway.

So we have this post-doc in our lab who is from Switzerland. My general impression has been that most people from Europe seem to think that PB&J is gross, so I asked him about it and he said that he had never had one before. So I bring him one (all-natural smooth PB and homemade plum jam on toasted sprouted wheat bread) along with a thermos of milk (not that low-fat shit, either). He took it to the head and seemed to really like it (apparently he got his wife and kid into it now, too). Another one of the grad students in the lab knew what was going on, so when I told her that he liked the sando, she immediately decides that we need to have a "peanut butter & jelly party". She tells our prof that she wants to do this one week after group meeting, and he says "why not just do it during group meeting?" and offers to bring some jelly. So everyone ends up volunteering to bring different stuff, and today while someone stood up at the lectern giving a talk, the rest of us were making and chowing down on PB&J sandos. We had like 4 different kinds of jelly/jam (we had peach, huckleberry, fig, and strawberry), smooth and crunchy peanut butter, three different kinds of bread (including one homemade swiss bread from the post-doc's wife), full-fat milk, chocolate milk, soy milk, and I even brought my toaster. Apparently we are going to make this a regular thing.

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member

So we have this post-doc in our lab who is from Switzerland. My general impression has been that most people from Europe seem to think that PB&J is gross, so I asked him about it and he said that he had never had one before. So I bring him one (all-natural smooth PB and homemade plum jam on toasted sprouted wheat bread) along with a thermos of milk (not that low-fat shit, either). He took it to the head and seemed to really like it (apparently he got his wife and kid into it now, too). Another one of the grad students in the lab knew what was going on, so when I told her that he liked the sando, she immediately decides that we need to have a "peanut butter & jelly party". She tells our prof that she wants to do this one week after group meeting, and he says "why not just do it during group meeting?" and offers to bring some jelly. So everyone ends up volunteering to bring different stuff, and today while someone stood up at the lectern giving a talk, the rest of us were making and chowing down on PB&J sandos. We had like 4 different kinds of jelly/jam (we had peach, huckleberry, fig, and strawberry), smooth and crunchy peanut butter, three different kinds of bread (including one homemade swiss bread from the post-doc's wife), full-fat milk, chocolate milk, soy milk, and I even brought my toaster. Apparently we are going to make this a regular thing.

Your place of employment sounds amazing. Also huckleberry is the best kind of jam. Far better then strawberry, grape, Apple, pump up the, Def Comedy, or NBA.

Craig

Stupid Bitch.,
15 Year Member

While that does sound dope...

If I was giving the lecture while everyone was chowing down and chugging milk I would feel kinda meh.

Jibbajaba

10 Year Member
While that does sound dope...

If I was giving the lecture while everyone was chowing down and chugging milk I would feel kinda meh.

I felt bad for the guy. He was trying to start his talk and we were all much more interested in the sandos. That being said, I think we had our attention in the right place.

goombakid

Fu'un-Ken Master
10 Year Member
Any of you peeps tried a grilled PB&J? It gets a gooey mess, but man it's good.

Jibbajaba

10 Year Member
Any of you peeps tried a grilled PB&J? It gets a gooey mess, but man it's good.

Someone was talking about that today at our "meeting". Sounds fucking awesome. Glad to see that someone figured out how to make a PB&J even more unhealthy.

goombakid

Fu'un-Ken Master
10 Year Member
Someone was talking about that today at our "meeting". Sounds fucking awesome. Glad to see that someone figured out how to make a PB&J even more unhealthy.

You don't have to butter the outside of the bread, but doing so just makes it that much more delectable. A little brush of olive oil works too, but I'd recommend using a panini maker. I just use my George Foreman grill and call it a day.

Azra113

Street Hoop Star
10 Year Member
Crunchy Lover!

When you say Natural are you talking about the one that you have to mix right after you open it? Smuckers makes a crunchy natural which is awesome but the oilm rises to the top and the crunch settles on the bottom so you gotta mix it like it's a mission, pretty crazy but so damn good!

Yeah natural is the ones you need to mix and keep refrigerated.

We had a flood of european yuppies here so we got a whole bunch of new artisinal and organic stores in Montreal.

This one spot makes the peanut butter fresh infront of you, they sell it by the gram so it's more expensive than brand names, but it sure is tasty.

Hikaru Ichijyo

Thundercock,
My go to is JIF Extra Crunchy with Smucker's Grape Jelly (or Jam) double decked on some Aunt Millie's Potato Bread. Pair that up with a bag of original kettle chips and a tall glass of ICE cold skim milk. :drool:

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
natural crunchy should be an option. It does exist. Lots of oil in there, but give it a good mix, and you're ready.

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
My go to is JIF Extra Crunchy with Smucker's Grape Jelly (or Jam) double decked on some Aunt Millie's Potato Bread. Pair that up with a bag of original kettle chips and a tall glass of ICE cold skim milk. :drool:

What is the idea behind the bag of chips with a PB&J. This is not the first time I've heard this.

Magician

A simple man who simply loves gaming.
20 Year Member
Need more poll options.

Nine times out of ten it's smooth.

With the oddball being, "chunky if smooth isn't available".

Last edited:

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
only two kind of people in this world ( well three consider folks with allergies)

Those that like Animaniacs and those that don't like Animaniacs.

Re: poll- allergic.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
You should microwave bread for a few seconds and immediately put on pb and j. Shit just melts in ur mouth.