Phatal Philly MoA: Yoshitoshi: Spirit and Spectacle

gusmoney

Unsure if You Asked, For a custom Rank, But Hell,
10 Year Member
Phatal Philly Cultural Committee presents:

Yoshitoshi: Spirit and Spectacle at PMoA

Any Philly-area weebs interested in meeting up?

The exhibit runs through Sunday, August 18. With a "Pay What You Wish admission on the first Sunday of the month and every Wednesday night."

What dates work for you? Lets get consensus and have a group gtg.

PMoA said:
Discover the brilliant colors and spirited lines of Yoshitoshi, the last great master of the traditional Japanese woodblock print. Ever inventive in his art, he responded to Japan’s rapid modernization of the late 1800s with greater expressiveness than seen before. His vivid, dynamic imagery served as inspiration for modern-day manga and anime.

Tsukioka Yoshitoshi came of age as an artist as Japan opened to the West after two hundred years of isolation. Navigating both cultural traditions and the upheavals of the modern world, he tackled a wide range of themes: the heroism of samurai warriors, poetic images of figures in nature, female beauty, historic accounts, ghost stories, and the horrors of the battlefield.

This exhibition showcases some seventy works from the museum’s extraordinary collection of Yoshitoshi prints, the largest repository of his work outside Japan.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
I’m hype as all get out, to see this. How soon can you day walkers get there on a Wednesday? (Museum closes @ 8:45pm on Wednesdays).

1st Sunday in June is already past, and July & August are chock full of swim meets for me & my kids.

tl;dr-

If you wanna see me, and teh arts...it’s looking like a Wednesday.

GREAT call, g$!

*i miss the days when every Sunday was pay what you can.

gusmoney

Unsure if You Asked, For a custom Rank, But Hell,
10 Year Member
Wednesday nights work for me as I can just head over after work.

Hit Bishop's Collar for some supper and drinks afterward?