Picard

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
Anyone catch this? Big fan of TNG so I was excited for this. It was pretty cool and picked up a thread from one of my favorite episodes of TNG.

Looking fwd to the season.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Anyone catch this? Big fan of TNG so I was excited for this. It was pretty cool and picked up a thread from one of my favorite episodes of TNG.

Looking fwd to the season.

I’m interested but I won’t buy CBS all access. Waiting to piggyback off some sucka.

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
I've been getting together with a friend weekly since season 2 of Discovery came out on blu ray to watch a few episodes each Friday after work. I'll probably get CBS after we finish that, so we'll have a bunch of episodes to catch up on hopefully by then or I'll just wait for Picard to come out on blu ray as well, but being that it is Picard I'm excited enough I may just pay for CBS.

-SD-

Camel Slug
Watched it earlier today and I’m rewatching it again right now. After the utter disappointment of Discovery it looks like they’re getting back on the right foot.

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
I was scared to click this as TNG is LYFE - so, it's encouraging to see you guys say it doesn't suck. The fact they got Frakes involved and are not trying to just shit over everything out of the gate had me interested. The Orville has been giving me Trek feels since it came out. STD doesn't interest me AT ALL

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
I was scared to click this as TNG is LYFE - so, it's encouraging to see you guys say it doesn't suck. The fact they got Frakes involved and are not trying to just shit over everything out of the gate had me interested. The Orville has been giving me Trek feels since it came out. STD doesn't interest me AT ALL

STD has grown on me, I stuck with it after initially being disappointed, people have said the second season is better and right now I would say it is, the second season almost feels independent of the first season many of the characters are in different roles/relationships than they had in season 1 and the enemy is different

Last edited:

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
I enjoyed the first ep, I just download the episodes from newsgroups.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
Micro subscription overload...I won't pay for it. I wouldn't mind seeing it, but nope...

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
its going alright. they are leaning on Earl Grey a little too hard. I think it's mentioned at least 5 times an episode so far.
I am also OK with STD.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member

ehhh... I'd say this series is more in line with the TNG movies than the TNG series. Picard is less of a TNG dumb action hero here purely due to his age, not the quality of the writing. So they've given him stand in characters to pick up the dumb action load.

I've seen the first two episodes. It's okay. Nowhere near as bad as it could have been. But still more dismantling of Roddenberry's vision of the future.

Luckily, it's on amazon prime outside the US, because I wouldn't pay for this, either.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
If we're choosing roles Stewart would revisit for an epilogue, I'd rather have a Gurney show.

EDIT: this was a Dune reference btw

Last edited:

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
ehhh... I'd say this series is more in line with the TNG movies than the TNG series. Picard is less of a TNG dumb action hero here purely due to his age, not the quality of the writing. So they've given him stand in characters to pick up the dumb action load.

I've seen the first two episodes. It's okay. Nowhere near as bad as it could have been. But still more dismantling of Roddenberry's vision of the future.

Luckily, it's on amazon prime outside the US, because I wouldn't pay for this, either.
Oh shit, I totally misread the question. I read it as "is this a new series or a movie." But you're absolutely right. If I had picked up on the actual meaning of the question, I agree [emoji23][emoji23]

This series is definitely closer in tone to Movie Picard

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
I saw the RLM review... I'll pass
Everything they said was 100% on point. But you'll notice that neither one of them said they actually hated it. In a way, I think the TNG movies are more egregious than Picard has been thus far.

Sherlin

Natural Born Killer,
15 Year Member
Growing up on TNG makes me excited for this. My plan is to wait until they've all aired and then get the free week subscription, marathon it, and then cancel before the 7 days runs out.

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
I'm waiting for the full season before I start this, looking forward to it though.

What's with the Discovery hate? I thought the first series was great, sure it's odious "woke" all over the place but star trek always has been. Bad, faggoty characters are star trek staples, it makes the few ok characters instant fan favourites.

I don't even know what the whining is about the TNG movies. I'm ignoring Generations because it's a meld, First Contact is top tier, Insurrection is nothing more than a long series episode so if you liked the series it's more of the same. And Nemesis... ok I'll concede Nemesis wasn't the best.