Pics of your local arcade!

Ajax

way more american than wyo, way more
15 Year Member
I think this could be really cool. The title is pretty self explanatory. Snap some pics of the arcade that you hang out at the most. I'll snap some later this week. All I have right now is a couple pics of some hispanic dudes playing KoF 2001 cross handed. :lolz:

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
Yiou want pics of my local arcade? Here ya go:

that's right. There isn't one.

Ajax

15 Year Member
:crying:

That's sad... But if any of you do have an arcade that you are a regular at, I'd love to see them (As I'm sure many others would as well). I'll be posting pics later on to make some of you guys jealous.

Foxen

Quiz Detective
Well i have an arcade in my garage, want me to take pictures of that...can't get more local than that lol...

N80G80

Igniz's Servent
Spike Spiegel said:

Dittto My cabs are about as close as it gets, unless you include mindless golden tee and bullshit like that.

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
My friends and I started "reviewing" arcades on our webcomic site. So far we hit up three, the Local FYE games (that will be up next week) Barcade in Brooklyn New York and FunSpot in Weirs Beach New Hampshire.

Check the link, I put pictures and videos of FunSpot, and a crappy video of Barcade is up there too.

http://www.pressstartcomic.com/opinions.php?type=Arcade Review

Foxen

Quiz Detective
Yeah there is an arcade up here in boise idaho, but they have a bunch of mame games and games in non-deticated cabs...my pet-pieve... I think my arcade room is much better, i have of course the star neo-geo 4-slot, Vs Duck hunt, Mortal Kombat 2, Ikari warriors (currently working on it from ground up), Deticated pac-man cocktail table with 39-1 board, Simpsons, ghost-n-goblins...not counting the pool table and air hockey table. But i have to say i love the neo so much i might get another woody version for show...

P.S. yes all the cabs/games are deticated..

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
N80G80 said:
Dittto My cabs are about as close as it gets, unless you include mindless golden tee and bullshit like that.

How funny (pathetic) is it that the best arcade in town is in your own house? Sad times, man.... I'm willing to bet nobody in my town has better machines than me, and I don't even make people pay to play them.:envy:

N80G80

Igniz's Servent
Spike Spiegel said:
How funny (pathetic) is it that the best arcade in town is in your own house? Sad times, man.... I'm willing to bet nobody in my town has better machines than me, and I don't even make people pay to play them.:envy:

Sadly Enough, thats about right, and as soon as my third strike board gets here, that will really seal the deal

:make_fac: My House + My Machines = Best Local Arcade :make_fac:

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
None.

Oh the good days of playing SSII and BAM against the asian kids from my school.

Token Tuesday how I miss thee.:oh_no:

GeoStigma

Loyal Neo-Disciple
We have 2 shitty arcades in my area. I'll post pictures of them eventually, nothing really noteworthy at either of them though. When the 2 Top Dog's in my area went under, that was the end. Back in the day they had SF2, SF2 Championship Edition, SF2 Turbo and SF Alpha 1. 4 MVS cabs as well but I can't remember what was on each aside from SS2 and FF1.

Last edited:

Ajax

15 Year Member
Wow... Makes me appreciate my local arcade more. Going there in a few minutes to game some stuff. Will take pics tonight, possibly even upload them.

Ajax

15 Year Member
As promised, here are some pics. I took like 20 pics, and realized that I was very lucky to have such a cool arcade so close to me. For the 56k users, I chose to only upload 5 of them. I'll give you the tour.

If you walk down the first aisle of cabs on your right as you walk in, you see:
100_0910.jpg

Opposite that, you have a Galaga, R Type and some Pac Man machine. Further down on the same side, there is Joust, some Namco collection, Tetris and Dimahoo, among others. Opposite that, you have, a couple of the gems of this arcade:
100_0912.jpg

Further down, there is some submarine game with a periscope and Ghosts n Goblins.

On the next aisle, to the backs of these machines, you have:
100_0915.jpg

That's Knights of the Round, Tekken 4, a two monitor Royal Rumble machine up further and on the end are two sit down Crazy Taxi machines. Opposite that, there is a 4 player Captain America and The Avengers machine (with some credit button on the outside of the machine, for some reason...), Street Fighter the Movie :emb: , some crappy trackball golf game, Super Off Road, Irritating Maze and Gauntlet: Dark Legacy. Across from the Gauntlet machine, there is a DDR Extreme machine.

On the next aisle over, against the backs of the last machines listed, there is:
100_0919.jpg

:eek: I know this got at least somebody's attention. Too bad it has a monitor problem (it's all blue :crying: ). Just to the right of the D&D is a dedicated Simpsons 4 player machine. In that space there between those two sports games, used to be a big red 4 slot, which is now in my room. :lolz: I guess they never saw it fit to fill that gap in... Further down, there is a Klax machine, Raiden Fighters and some Rampage game.

Opposite these games, on the same aisle is (get ready to cry):
100_0918.jpg

Look familiar to anyone? It should; That Deer Hunter/Metal Slug frankenstein cab was once an original Samurai Shodown II machine. Further down, as you can see, is Project Justice, X Men Vs. Street Fighter, Tumble Pop and Gunforce, all in those beautiful Capcom cabs.

Not pictured (but worth mentioning): Silent Scope, Virtual On, T Mek, The Simpsons, 3 player stand up Super Sprint, Dance Maniax, beatmania (5 key, broken monitor :crying: ), Manx TT, 2 player sit down Sega Super GT, 1 player sit down Sega Super GT (which rolls with turns. Neat!) and 3 Hydro Thunder machines.

Phew.

Last edited:

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
Wow, shit. I'm jealous as hell. That's a nice arcade. Hell, it's a fighter's arcade, and I like that. Got some games in there that are really freaking great. Third Strike, a couple Neo Geos, Simpsons... but look at the random fighters. Nice. Hell, they have two different SF3s in that place (2i and TS). Wow. Just wow.

billd420

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
10 Year Member
Thats sick Aaron D! I've got 2 local arcades (not including my basement). One is oldschool-ish games, and the other is brand new deluxe cabinets (including HOTD4 and Afterburner Climax). I've got vacation next week, maybe I'll go take some pics.

Peace!
Bill

FalcomAdol

Fio's Quartermaster
Aaron D said:
As promised, here are some pics. I took like 20 pics, and realized that I was very lucky to have such a cool arcade so close to me. For the 56k users, I chose to only upload 5 of them. I'll give you the tour.
Very nice. Reminds me of the arcade that used to be (kinda) in the Northshore Mall. Only accessible from the OUTSIDE of the building of course :)

cannonball

Master Brewer, Genzai Sake Co.
15 Year Member
Spike Spiegel said:

What are the odds, we hang out at the same arcade!

(we used to have some pretty nice ones around here, oh 10 years ago)

GeoStigma

Loyal Neo-Disciple
Wow Aaron D, that place is singlehandedly better then better then any arcade in PA (unless Philly has some killer arcade I have yet to discover).

The only thing even close was a kickass arcade in State College but that closed down 2-3 years ago now. :(

Tango

Tung's Hair Stylist
damn that is a really nice arcade actually. Keep spending those quarters and keep them in business. All the arcades in my area have been shut down for a myriad of reasons. All of which suck. Crime, bad business etc...blah...blah.

Piratero

Street Hoop Star
15 Year Member
Not necessarily local, but when I was in Mexico, there were close to 4-5 Arcade businesses in my small City alone. Most, if not all the cabs were fitted with King of Fighters, SNK games; lots of fighters from Capcom too. MAME cabs are also hugely popular. All I can say is that the Arcades were always full. One thing that I've also noticed is that people pay to play normal Xbox/PS2 games. Unfortunately, I did not take pictures because I feared looking like a damn tourist. The cabs are simple stand-up cabs with no side art whatsoever (around 80% of them were the same color in all five Arcades!) I'm very proud that Mexico has much love for SNK games (even though most of them were bootlegs!) -- I did manage to take one quick snapshot:

img0333aj7scaledkm5.jpg

I'm planning on going to Mexico in '08, I'll make sure I'll take tons of pics of the local Arcades! The reason that the Arcades are so big in my City is most probably don't have the consoles at home so instead, they play their favorite games in the Arcades.

Last edited:

NGT

J. M Club, ,
20 Year Member
here are the arcades I saw in Mexico...Sayulita and Puerto Vallarta

DSCF2603.jpg

DSCF2606.jpg

DSCF2607.jpg

DSCN7818.jpg

DSCF2619.jpg

DSCF2679.jpg

DSCF2678.jpg

The top 3 shots are from a mall next to a huge resort...sorry about the blurry driving games shot, lol. The others are from in town little holes in the wall...two of which doubled as icecream shops. There were a few spots that had those neo geo rom multi arcade things..

Last edited:

J69

Hardened Shock Trooper
Id give anything to have a local arcade with SF3.3S. My local arcade is in the metro centre (mall) and has

House of the dead 4
Ghost squad
Pro Evolution Soccer
Virtua Striker 2
Virtua Tennis 2
Initial D
18 Wheeler
Firefighters game??
Silent scope ex
Jurassic Park
House of the dead 2
Crisis Zone
Time Crisis 2
Skateboarding game
Virtual Sword game
Sega Rally
Ferrari F355

The Bowling Alley next to it has

Outrun 2
Virtua Cop 3
HOTD3

I only ever really play outrun 2, initial D or pro evo soccer though. Id love to have a couple of decent fighters where i could get some decent time out of 1 credit. Fighters seem to have been replace in this country by dedicated gun or driving cabs that get boring real quick!

I'll get pics when I can but the best arcade by me is "Arcade Infinaty"

It's an asian style arcade with a ton of candy cabinets. Also has all those Konami games like:

DDR extreme
DDR revolution
Newest mixes of Guitar freaks & Drumania
Para Para Paradise
IIdx
Pop'n Music

and also has all the race games.

Like Maximum Tune
Initial D 3rd stage
Battle Gear 3 and so on

and it's open usually til 2am on Friday and Saturday