Piko Interactive acquired an unreleased Neo Geo game.

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
Weird there has been no news about this since that Tweet

kingcuckmelon1

War Room Troll
I see they acquired "Odema and The Book of Magic" for the GBA, which looks great by the way. I'm just thinking, could it be a Neo Geo Pocket game they Tweeted about?

Finally! I am approved to post.

So you guys weren't too far off! Great intuition.

Basically we bought out Vektorlogic's IP.

This is Super Bubble Pop, Panic Manic, and Tommy K Special Ops.

To give you a run down of what we got and our plans:

1.- We got full source code for SBP and Panic Manic, and only a 12 level rom for Tommy k (source is lost =( )
2.- We plan to release SBP and Panic Manic, BUT Not as they are.
3.- SBP we plan to release a completely re-hauled (graphically) version of the game to meet more what a traditional NG game looks like.
this version I want to bundle with the original SBP NG version AND a Cocktail version that was done for NG but unreleased.
4.- Panic Manic, I cannot release as-is. Mainly because the game characters resemble too much to Pacman. So my plan is to:
- Change the characters to not resemble Pacman
- Make a graphically re-hauled and rebranded version with a different theme (emphasis on Nightmare of the Dark).
- Panic Manic basically is a PacMan Jr. Style game, with some power ups, and of course better graphics (which we plan to improve).
5.- Tommy K, since it is only a rom will take some time to finish, in my opinion, it is about 50-60% done or so to be a complete game.

The reason we acquired these titles is because we plan to support the platform in the future. Developing new games. As someone mentioned Odema, basically yes, we acquired this GBA game, and is being developed from the ground up for Neo Geo. Engine is 100% done (which would allow us to make more run and gun games, or platformer games). So these games, although minor in the eyes of Neo Geo, will help us get the engines going for support on the platform, as well as customer acquisition, etc.

We tried/are trying to acquire more Neo Geo IP, unfortunately it is a bit hard, most of it is owned by SNK or Hamster. We have access to the Visco stuff but so far, we don't see eye to eye in cost of IP. May be in the future. There is other NG game we can acquire but I need to drop serious amount of cash. Also, may be in the future.

Another thing is that I don't believe 450-500 USD is a good price for a Neo Geo cart, it is asking too much from a customer. So will try our best to keep the prices a lot more affordable while keeping the upmost quality. Specially for "Homebrew" or smaller scale games. They will not be over $300 USD. Bigger productions I don't want them to be anywhere over $400 usd.

I am debating developing some sort of system, that would lower the retail price on games when units sold/pre-ordered milestones are reached. For example, if we sell 100 carts of SBP for MVS it would be $300, but if we sell 250, the price would lower to $275, etc etc etc until we hit a final price goal for the particular game (for SBP and that caliber of games would be $200).

I hope i don't rough some feathers with other companies that release Neo Geo Software.

So yeah, if you have any questions or comments please let me know.

Eli

Last edited:
Will you be releasing these titles as AES carts as well or only MVS? I noticed you referenced MVS in your example.

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Sounds good. Thanks for the update.

If the more expensive game(s) you mentioned is an old unreleased game, then count me in for that especially!

ratson

Hyperactive Stoner
15 Year Member
Those prices don't sound to bad at all. For NG that is.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
If only they'd release them as they are or no you could just rework them into something they aren't and sell them to us for $300 a pop.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Can you elaborate?

2.- We plan to release SBP and Panic Manic, BUT Not as they are.
3.- SBP we plan to release a completely re-hauled (graphically) version of the game to meet more what a traditional NG game looks like.
this version I want to bundle with the original SBP NG version AND a Cocktail version that was done for NG but unreleased.
4.- Panic Manic, I cannot release as-is. Mainly because the game characters resemble too much to Pacman. So my plan is to:
- Make a graphically re-hauled and rebranded version with a different theme (emphasis on Nightmare of the Dark).
- Panic Manic basically is a PacMan Jr. Style game, with some power ups, and of course better graphics (which we plan to improve).

It's a real pity anything needs to be reworked, changed etc.

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
It's a real pity anything needs to be reworked, changed etc.

Why would they not change a copyright infringing character? May as well go ahead and add some quality of life improvements too.

NexusX

Astra Superstar

I understand the character sprite swap. Don't want to get sued. But why overhaul the existing graphics for the rest of the game? A lot of people would love to get ahold of the game in a playable version that had the graphics intact like the original devs intended. Any way to add an "original graphics" option in the dip settings or AES menu settings maybe?

Last edited:
I understand the character sprite swap. Don't want to get sued. But why overhaul the existing graphics for the rest of the game? A lot of people would love to get ahold of the game in a playable version that had the graphics intact like the original devs intended. Any way to add an "original graphics" option in the dip settings or AES menu settings maybe?

Sorry I must have not worded my update correctly.

Our intentions are to include the original game (minus the Pacman looking chars on Panic Manic). and The enhance version on the carts.

So SBP would have 3 different games in one.

Panic Manic 2 games.

Tommy K since it is incomplete, once done, it would be just the one game.

By the way Panic Manic came with a Kaneko Arcade Board version, but honestly no idea what to do with that one lol.

Donating it to the MAME project would be a fantastic use for it.

Idk about that, I inquired once about a commercial license, and whomever answered my inquiry was very rude and insulting.

May be there is something for the game version somewhere else in the future.

Last edited: