playing Jamma....

djbomberman

NAM-75 Vet
I just got an MVS 4-slot. I was told that I can hook up Jamma to it and play Cps-2,3 boards. How the heck to I do that? I don't know much about the arcade machines....thanks...

------------------
25713188.gif

The fire burns in my soul.

outsider

Benimaru's Hairdresser
Err.. well.. do you have a JAMMA cabinet? If you dont, you need a supergun type machine (such as a supernova www.massystems.com or HGA www.gwtrading.com) to use that board on your TV.

JAMMA is the arcade kind of "brain" that lets you hook up all kinds of boards to it, including a neo geo mvs board. In order to use those capcom boards to mentioned though, you do need the actual capcom cps board, not the neo geo one.

IIRC, there are a few pins different from the MVS 4 slot and JAMMA. I have a manual for the Japanese 4 slot Candy cabinet, so I could scan the pins for you. At most you'd have to make a converter somehow. The biggest problem is that you only have 4 buttons, not 6.

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
You will need to wire a Capcom wirring harness in to the cabinet. JAMMA is not a brain, it is a standard. It is basicly a pin-out standard for arcade games that allow any JAMMA wired system (harness) plug into a JAMMA board. The Neo Geo and the CPS2, however are not true JAMMA, the same with boards like Mortal Kombat 4. The JAMMA standard allows for three buttons to each controler, so these games have special harnesses that allow the other buttons to work. Everything else is the same, except the sound on the CPS2 which is wired a little different (since it is stereo). You can plug any JAMMA game onto the Neo Geo harness, but you will be limited to the 4 button layout (which I believe on the CPS2 maps to 3 punches and one kick)... You can get around this by having 6 - 4 - 5? button control panels that you can make for your cabinet... or you can convert it everytime you want to play a game. I have seen some beatiful cabs made up with serial type cables that connect the CPs in. Every control panel is wired to a serial cable then a female plug goes back to a harness wired for six buttons. The Neos can use a 4 panel, the CPS2 a 6. God, I am probably confusing the hell out of you right now, cause I know I am not describing this very well. If you would like, e-mail me and I may be able to point you in the right direction to begin creating a setup like this. Anyway, hope this helped a little

-Nick