Playing NEO through a Digital Cable box...(HELP!)

BryLmoo

AES Contact Cleaner, Extraordinaire!!!,
20 Year Member
I just recently had Road Runner installed on my computer, and also got Digital Cable. I had to get new Cable Boxes installed on my set up. Now when I hook the cable up through the Neo RF unit I can't get my system to work... I can get sound, but no picture. I seriously need help. Any help would be appreciated allot. Thanks!

Bryan

------------------
kofKAnimated2.gif
-Long live the Neo-

BryLmoo

20 Year Member
I really need some help on this issue...JMKURTZ, can you help me any?

Bryan

------------------
kofKAnimated2.gif
-Long live the Neo-

JMKurtz

Tech Support Moderator,
20 Year Member
Don't hook it up like that. Try using the A/V cable.

I've never used one of the Neo RF units, so I'm not sure of their behaviour. Are they auto-switching, or do you have to slide a switch manually? Check to make sure the copper wire in the cable isn't bent over or something.

Jeff

BryLmoo

20 Year Member
Ok I'll take a look see...

Bryan

------------------
kofKAnimated2.gif
-Long live the Neo-

BryLmoo

20 Year Member
Hey JMKURTZ, I need an AV cable. I didn't get one when I purchased my system. Do you know where I can find one? Can you sell me one?

Bryan

------------------
kofKAnimated2.gif
-Long live the Neo-

sonofx51

If you're even THINKING about TRADING with this us
I have an old Genesis 1 that works with the Neo. I'll let you have it for $8 shipped. Later.

sonofx51@hotmail.com

BryLmoo

20 Year Member
Do Genesis AV cables work with the Neo?!? Do they damage the system after a long period of use??? I'm not really inclined to use this, but If it works without flaw I will.

Bryan

------------------
kofKAnimated2.gif
-Long live the Neo-

sonofx51

The Genesis 1 model uses the same AV cable as the Neo. I've never had a problem using it. I often switched back and forth using it on my Neo and Gen until I had my Neo modded for S-Vid, and then aquired a Sega CDX and had that modded for S-Vid also. I used the cable for about 4 months and use it when I take it to my friends house. I'll sell you the one I've used and I'll keep my extra. Maybe that will ease your mind a bit.

BryLmoo

20 Year Member
Hey Sono,

I'm sorry but I already have a Genesis. I didn't know that you could use the AV cables from it. Thanks for the information! It works like a charm now.

Bryan

------------------
kofKAnimated2.gif
-Long live the Neo-

BryLmoo

20 Year Member
I'm just wondering....Where on the net could I find a good deal on a SNK made AV cable? Does anyone else make these? I need one. My Genesis cable is fryed... Thanks

Bryan

------------------
kofKAnimated2.gif
-Long live the Neo-

JMKurtz

Tech Support Moderator,
20 Year Member
How's that SVid on that CDX working out for you? That's the first CDX I modified
smile.gif
Man, that thing was so small - it was a pain in the ass mounting the SVid jack.

Jeff

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by sonofx51:
The Genesis 1 model uses the same AV cable as the Neo. I've never had a problem using it. I often switched back and forth using it on my Neo and Gen until I had my Neo modded for S-Vid, and then aquired a Sega CDX and had that modded for S-Vid also. I used the cable for about 4 months and use it when I take it to my friends house. I'll sell you the one I've used and I'll keep my extra. Maybe that will ease your mind a bit.

sonofx51

It is so damn sweet to play that thing through S-Vid. I'm going back and playing trough all my RPG's. Right now I'm working on Phantasy Star. This SMS game never looked so great
wink.gif
Thanks for the MOD Jeff. I just got a new digtal TV that is VGA ready with 640x480 diplay. So now I have to save up for an XRGB2 to get the best out of my NEO and SEGA CDX. Dreamcast games look fukin insane on it.

BryLmoo

20 Year Member
Hey, reallly quick. I need to know if I could by AV cables to replace the ones used for the NEO at Radio Shack???? I'm about to leave and really need some help! Thanks

Bryan

------------------
kofKAnimated2.gif
-Long live the Neo-