PlayStation & Xbox C-Bombs

Mr. Karate II

Edo Express Delivery Guy
This is really the final nail on the old Sony's coffin... (:()

The descent of the tunnel for me began when at one point the PlayStation 3 completely lost its backward compatibility with PS2, which practically transformed this device into an object completely unto itself (rather than to one a true multigenerational gaming station: how it been instead the PlayStation 2).

PlayStation Classic: datamine reveals 36 discarded games (December 5, 2018).

PS5 ends the button logic of O for accept, X for cancel for Asia/Japan [Up: Cannot reconfigure] (October 4, 2020).

Sony Japan ‘has been sidelined’ from PlayStation 5’s launch, a new report claims (November 8, 2020).

PlayStation is starting to shut down Japan Studio – report (February 25, 2021).

News Former Sony Employee reveals info on the internal culture war between the Japanese and the US branch for the control of the Playstation brand (April 10, 2021).

Last edited:

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member
Honestly Sony could just easily patch it if they wanted to. Some people have gotten replies saying Sony is "aware" of the issue but not saying much else about it.

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
Honestly Sony could just easily patch it if they wanted to. Some people have gotten replies saying Sony is "aware" of the issue but not saying much else about it.
This is tinfoil hat territory, but I wonder if that's their nuclear option for pushing a firmware upgrade. Like if the PS5 gets owned and can run backups, they can patch the firmware and say "Oh, and by the way, this is the only way we can assure that you'll be able to access your games if we ever pull the plug."

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member
This is tinfoil hat territory, but I wonder if that's their nuclear option for pushing a firmware upgrade. Like if the PS5 gets owned and can run backups, they can patch the firmware and say "Oh, and by the way, this is the only way we can assure that you'll be able to access your games if we ever pull the plug."
Yeah I agree. It's a pretty shitty thing to do tho considering if you're collecting for those systems that your game discs are going to be coasters one day when the PSN servers go bye-bye.

I know we're eventually going to be at an all digital age for a lot of shit so this is something among other things you have to deal with eventually. This is one of the reasons I have such an attachment to solid state media.

Hattori Hanzo

AEShole
1 Year Member
Destruction Games said:
Soooooo it looks like the 9.0 PS4 firmware update fixed the CBOMB issue… Tested it on my PS4 with a dead battery and games are no longer crashing on startup and I can even earn trophies, although the trophy earn dates will be blank

MVG said:
yep, confirmed Sony fixed the PS4 CBOMB issue with firmware 9.0.0. Tested with a few games and its all clear. video coming

Burning Fight!!

NIS America fan & Rent Free tenant
10 Year Member
The sky is falling AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH! (also buy Xbox)

The PS5 getting owned makes the battery "design issue" irrelevant...

Last edited: