Please, tell me that none of you are going to see...

TonK

Least Valuable Player
That stupid Larry the Cable Guy: Health Inspector...

The only thing he said which I could relate to was - "Did you ever fart so hard your back cracked"

Who watches this shit?

Neoray

New Challenger
That has to be the stupiest movie ever!

a waste of film with the only cornball lines in a movie, why would anyone want to see that hillbilly crap movie when they can checkout V for Vandetta or use the money to play some arcades in your nearest arcade spot.

Have anyone seen the trailer to this crap or even the poster?

Pure shit!:blow_top:

K_K

Honourary Irishman.,
20 Year Member
yeah even my redneck buddies think it's stupid. so not even the hicks wanna see it. it'll flop. but he wont care the man makes millions as is.

DangerousK

MotoGP and Formula 1 Freak
20 Year Member
No, not at all.

After seeing the trailer I was thinking the same thing as you.

It looks incredibly stupid and not funny.

I think the target audience is the idiot teenagers that you see in malls on weekends.

aria

Former Moderator
If there's anything I've learned it's never underestimate the lack of distinguishing taste and overall stupidity of the general movie viewing audience.

With that said, never underestimate the power of the NASCAR nation.

It'll probably interest all the Jr high age kids who'll drag their folks.

Ferrariman, what say you?

[and, I'll be honest, the "back crack" line was the only one that made me smile too --I have a feeling that was the highlight, which is pretty fucking sad]

Ghost-Dog

Presented by the Florida Department of Economic Op
20 Year Member
So is he a cable guy or a health inspector?

I was sitting at the Applebee's bar for lunch yesterday and two "Git-R-Dun's" were having a beer. They seemed to be anticipating this film quite a bit. Even if it is a lowest common denominator type movie, the guy has his audience locked in.

With all the rednex down here I'm sure the theaters will be packed this weekend. Jacked up Dodge Rams as far as the eye can see...

slerch666

updyke,
TonK said:
Who watches this shit?

Stupid people, that's how it gets made.

Instead of making films that are actually good, they decide to spend money on shit and get smaller returns.

aria

Former Moderator
Ghost-Dog said:
With all the rednex down here I'm sure the theaters will be packed this weekend. Jacked up Dodge Rams as far as the eye can see...

LOL... sounds like my hometown (Bakersfield). Yeah, I was raised in what AAA describes as the "country capital of the West", a euphemism for redneckery. Seriously though, Bakersfield became redneck because of the Dust Bowl --the Grapes of Wrath was actually set in our county, and until the 60s it was banned in our county for portraying the locals as cruel to the Okies. And yes, the decendents of the Dust Bowl settlers in Bakersfield call themselves (and we call them) Okies. They all live in this part of town called Oildale. One of my friends from law school was from LA but worked as a parole officer in Bakersfield (and is African-American) told me "Bobak, you can relate to this: Bakersfield is the only city I've seen with a white ghetto. I would drive onto a street and the kids would yell 'Billy, your parole officer is here!"

Yup. They're gonna love this movie.

Neoray

New Challenger
You know it would be funny if this movie comes in at #1, that would be so embaressing to V for Vandetta.

BeefJerky

Computerstaat Funster
20 Year Member
The state government here is making its citizens see the movie. Or die.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
I hate all members of the Blue Collar Comedy Tour with a passion, and none moreso than Larry the Cable Guy.

You can imagine my disappointment upon hearing that the first three people who mentioned that shit movie in my office all are looking very forward (seriously) to seeing it.

I tried to explain that LtCG is a sad reflection on society and the epitome of catering to the lowest common denominator, but no such luck.

Seriously, how can people be afflicted with such horrible taste?

aria

Former Moderator
jro said:
I tried to explain that LtCG is a sad reflection on society and the epitome of catering to the lowest common denominator, but no such luck.

Seriously, how can people be afflicted with such horrible taste?

Well, they probably were quietly trying to remember which pro wrestler went by "The Denomintor"

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Larry the Cable guy is a top notch and brilliant comedian.

His standup is funny. I don't care who are, most of his schtick is funny.
You have to understand it's an act like Yakov Smirnov or Ali G.

The "Lowest Common Denamanator" comments take away from the true art of his schtick. Art Imitating Life man.

The guy is probably a Rhoades Scholar, or maybe not.

And ohh yeah, the movie will probably suck.....

Certain Standup Routines and short Sketches should not be turned into Features. Such as:

Chairman of the Board (Carrot Top)
Stewart Saves his Family (Al Franken)
Gallagher's Big Movie*

*I made this one up. Imagine how bad a Gallagher full lenght movie would suck though.

Last edited:

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
I'm kinda torn though...

When I saw the Commercials for Ace Ventura: Pet Detective, I thought it would be the stupidest fucking movie ever made.

OMG! They gave Firemarshal Bill a movie... What fucking idiots!

Tacitus

Volatile Memory Construct - SN://0467839
Staff member
"No one ever went broke underestimating the taste of the American public. "

I've written better jokes in the past two weeks than this shithead has done his entire career.

I once saw a back-to-back thing on jeff foxworthy and larry the cableguy on tv.
Jeff's humor was, as usual practical, tasteful, and kinda funny at times.

BUt Larry the beer swigging, overweight, NASCAR drivin' BBQ' totin' redneck humor guy that still continues to help tarnish the image of the modern man by retorting us into slobby simpletons so that our women can continue to easily climb the latter of a higher stature... no, never found him funny. Actually I find him quite disgusting.

aria

Former Moderator
If you want to read an opinion from a guy who really doesn't like Larry the Cable Guy, just read David Cross of Mr. Show's letter on his own website (this is after an indirect exchange between the two):

Source

It's pretty strong.

Neoray

New Challenger
This movie will bomb big time, I hope it won't make the top ten movies....thats a really bad movie!

Do any of you think he will make another movie?

I hope not.

Both the actor and Director.

Last edited:

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
norton9478 said:
Larry the Cable guy is a top notch and brilliant comedian.

His standup is funny. I don't care who are, most of his schtick is funny.
You have to understand it's an act like Yakov Smirnov or Ali G.

The "Lowest Common Denamanator" comments take away from the true art of his schtick. Art Imitating Life man.

The guy is probably a Rhoades Scholar, or maybe not.
Exactly. I told all three of these fine ladies (yes, women, which somehow made it even more depressing) that I understand that LtCG had created a nearly-retarded persona that he knows is accessible to huge portions of the American public, and that I also know that if he wanted to, he could be a wry/clever comedian, rather than a dumb redneck one.

I just wish more people would make a conscious choice not to pay to see him play out that persona, since even though it is just a persona, most of the people who like him aren't laughing at his comedy for that aspect of it... it's because they're really, actually stupid rednecks who think it's funny and they identify with him.

I guess I should clarify by saying that I think the people who pay to see him (especially those who will see his movie) are the sad reflection of American society. He's just a good capitalist.