Poll time! SNK/Capcom crossover fighters

What is the best SNK/Capcom crossover fighting game?

• SNK vs. Capcom: Match of the Millennium (1999)

Votes: 6 18.8%
  • Capcom vs. SNK: Millennium Fight 2000 (Pro) (2000)

Votes: 6 18.8%
  • Capcom vs. SNK 2: Mark of the Millennium 2001 (EO) (2001)

Votes: 11 34.4%
  • SNK vs. Capcom: SVC Chaos (2003)

Votes: 9 28.1%

• Total voters

Praise the Lard

Sieger's Squire
The dust has settled and the question is: What is the best SNK/Capcom crossover fighting game? Vote!

(leave your kiddie card games at the door, thx)

SNK vs. Capcom: Match of the Millennium (1999)
Widely considered the best handheld fighter to date upon release. 10 years later it is showing it's age, having had the 2 button gameplay and graphics being surpassed many times over.
motm_title.jpg
motm_char.jpg
motm_screen1.jpg

Capcom vs. SNK: Millennium Fight 2000 (Pro) (2000)
While not receiving an outright bad reception CVS1 failed to meet the high expectations of many. Among other issues the Capcom characters were not redrawn properly to match the newly drawn SNK characters, not to mention the ratio system was just bizarre, limiting your team to anywhere between 1 and 4 characters.
cvs1_title.jpg
cvs1_char.jpg
cvs1_screen1.jpg

Capcom vs. SNK 2: Mark of the Millennium 2001 (EO) (2001)
Setting the record straight CVS2 ditched the ratio system, expanded the character roster, and redrew a few sprites in it's many efforts to right the wrongs of CVS1.
cvs2_title.jpg
cvs2_char.jpg
cvs2_screen1.jpg

SNK vs. Capcom: SVC Chaos (2003)
Released directly to the seemingly cold shoulders of fans SVC Chaos was lauded as being buggy and as having given Guile the world's worst haircut. Years later, as hairstyle trends decline for the worse, the game seems to be viewed somewhat more favorably than initially. Could it have been the hair all along?
svc_title.jpg
svc_char.jpg
svc_screen1.jpg

Michael Yagami

I was wondering if I might get a rank with a Castl
I voted for Capcom vs SNK 2. I never really felt that any of the Capcom vs SNK games were what they really could have and should have been but Capcom vs SNK 2 did have more characters and more grooves to choose from so it gets my vote.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Pro. BTW The dust will never settle and the card games are awsome you douchebag!

ilazul

Enemy Chaser
CvS2 is undeniably the best of the bunch.

I prefer CvS Pro for single player though. Better stages and music, much better atmosphere. Reminds me of KoF '97 and the early fatal fury games.

I hate how they nerfed king in CvS2.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
The screenshot of Kyo vs. Red Arremer decided it for me. Just fucking look at the stage, close your eyes and remember the music.

Now look at the other stages from the Camcom offerings. Uninspired.

SVCC is simply the best.

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
CvS 2 gets my vote. It's not perfect, but of those four, it's the best.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
The screenshot of Kyo vs. Red Arremer decided it for me. Just fucking look at the stage, close your eyes and remember the music.

Now look at the other stages from the Camcom offerings. Uninspired.

SVCC is simply the best.

Awsome! I like SvC as well, I'm very fond of Pro 'cause I play it with 4 buttons on a row and some of the stages are pretty incredible. The Ryu stage is very similar to the Dark Karate stage. I always felt these two games go hand in hand.

ilazul

Enemy Chaser
Awsome! I like SvC as well, I'm very fond of Pro 'cause I play it with 4 buttons on a row and some of the stages are pretty incredible. The Ryu stage is very similar to the Dark Karate stage. I always felt these two games go hand in hand.

For me it's the SNK arcade stage with the rain. I love that stage.

Pro will probably always hold the most nostalgia for me.

doctor_shred

Zero's Secretary
I've literally only just got CvS2 for the Dreamcast. I'll post once I've had a chance to play it.

fenikso

Slug Flyer Pilot
15 Year Member
CvS1/Pro for me. It's the one I played the most and unlocking the extra move sets for the characters damn near made it two games for me.

CvS2 has my favorite version of Ken so it's a close second.

MotM for NGPC is an incredible handheld game and I still do occasional play throughs.

SvC Chaos I have spent next to zero time with and would like to correct that at some point. I always wanted the all-in-one-board version of that game (for no particular reason).

YeldellGW

Bartender,
20 Year Member
Would be surprised if MOTM didn't win this by a landslide.

As for the crossovers that aren't portable exclusives, SVCC gets my vote.

Don't like those half-assed Capcomized SNK characters or how many of the anti-Ryu moves on the SNK side of the house got nerfed to hell (Though it wouldn't surprised me that the Capcom characters' anti-Ryu moves remained untouched!). :oh_no:

Also, unlike what seems like everyone else on the face of the earth, I can adjust to playing Capcom characters with only 4 buttons!