Pope Sazae - ongoing deal with no response

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
I'm not sure on that Rot buddy. IMO, access to PM is necessary to facilitate the communication required to finish the transaction. Unless you're thinking it should all be broadcasted publicly. Yes, blocking market access is a good idea; I don't want to see they guy get any more twisted up with other deals until this is worked out. I wish him the best and hope that all this is quickly resolved.

The way I see it Ashey_Pants is this...

Sazae logged in 2 weeks ago... and even with pm privileges... he ignored this deal...

IF HE WANTS to be part of this site and be an active member... he needs to resolve this...

UNTIL then he cannot see the market place... he cannot pm... and so hopefully this situ doesn't arise again with his account...

xROTx

PS. I APPRECIATE he cannot pm Berry... BUT this has been now publically discussed... and seeing as he can still post on the forum... we deserve a public answer imo...
PPS. Modding isn't as fun as I initially thought... I LIKED Sazae... but personal feelings aside... my main concern is the welfare of NEARLY every member here...

NOTE: There are a FEW exceptions to teh rule:p

Neo Ash

NG.com Audiophile, Club Member,
I see what you're saying Rot. My comment was probably due to not wanting to believe the Pope would go bad on a deal.:(

pipes

DO NOT DEAL WITH!!!, DEAL OUTSTANDING!
^
I'm a little shocked we're talking about Pope here too. One of the last guys I thought would be on the ass end of one of these threads.

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
He was notified via text by a member here that this thread exists, now we just await the response. No response to the text or this post as of yet. Hope everything is ok with him health wise...and that he will come through with his end of the deal.

Lemony Vengeance

Mitt Romney's Hairdresser,
I tried to reach out via text, sending him a short "you need to straighten this out" message yesterday with no reply so far... :(

Tw3ek

69Vapelord420
10 Year Member
I sent him a message a couple days ago (I think 3-4 at this point) and he has not responded to me either. I really hope everything is ok with him :(

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
I'd rather have this resolved sooner than later tbh... each day that passes... Sazae's rep becomes more and more damaged...

I appreciate you contacting Sazae for me lads... it's what i love about this place...

xROTx

PS. I talk to a LOT of people... and even tho I don't advertise it... i do send and receive a lot of pm's... I just want to add... no matter how much sympathy I have for someones situ... be it real or not...

The simple fact is this isn't the first time Sazae has had issues with deals... hence, he gets less leeway from myself at this point...

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
^
I'm a little shocked we're talking about Pope here too. One of the last guys I thought would be on the ass end of one of these threads.

Yeah this is really strange. I know Pope has been having a lot of personal issues but never thought this thread would happen.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
Black-Smoke_2508027b.jpg

BerryTogart

Bolt Thrower.,
I didn't hear from him yet, from what I know neither did those who have other means of contacting him.

Lemony Vengeance

Mitt Romney's Hairdresser,
I've heard back.. from his GF.

She stated that he was involved in an accident late last month that aggravated a pre-existing injury and that he's not doing so hot.

Think and say what you will, but this was communicated to me due to the personal friendship I have with John (the pope). I don't know if this will be cleared up anytime soon due to the circumstances in which this was shared with me. I can provide screenshots of the texts if you'd like.

hyper

fresh out of fucks
10 Year Member

She stated that he was involved in an accident late last month that aggravated a pre-existing injury and that he's not doing so hot.

Think and say what you will, but this was communicated to me due to the personal friendship I have with John (the pope). I don't know if this will be cleared up anytime soon due to the circumstances in which this was shared with me. I can provide screenshots of the texts if you'd like.
Pope is a regular & he's never gone AWOL before

knew something was up

Last edited:

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member

Yet he logged in on the 5th...

NeoTurfMasta

DANCE DANCE KARNOV!,
20 Year Member
Yet he logged in on the 5th...

I was under the impression that he was in contact with someone here after this alleged accident, and made no mention of it. I hope he's telling the truth about everything, I have my doubts.

I'm just going to say this, I have had issues with his honesty in the past and had to pull the plug on a deal after it was apparent he wasn't going to pay me. I got tired of seeing him buy stuff from other people in chat and yet not pay me what I was owed. I got my stuff back (I had to repair it), but I was happy to have it back so I could sell it to someone else.

Neo Ash

I don't like the direction this is going. I wish the best for the Pope and hope he's doing OK. However, I really wish he'd let/help his GF login and post a reply on his behalf, if he is unable to do so himself. I feel like his rep is starting to crumble.

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
I feel like his rep is starting to crumble.

Starting?

It's widely believed that the whole "my GF has cancer, send me free stuff" was complete and utter bullshit.

And as someone who has lost several family members (including my dad just 2 years ago) to cancer, that really strikes a nerve.

hyper

fresh out of fucks
10 Year Member
I was under the impression that he was in contact with someone here after this alleged accident, and made no mention of it. I hope he's telling the truth about everything, I have my doubts.

I'm just going to say this, I have had issues with his honesty in the past and had to pull the plug on a deal after it was apparent he wasn't going to pay me. I got tired of seeing him buy stuff from other people in chat and yet not pay me what I was owed. I got my stuff back (I had to repair it), but I was happy to have it back so I could sell it to someone else.
:spock:

ReplicaX

Unholy Custom Rank.,
15 Year Member
And as someone who has lost several family members (including my dad just 2 years ago) to cancer, that really strikes a nerve.

This forum as well with Tony. A lot of things happened for Tony from members on this board, all a good cause and may he rest in peace.

Teddy KGB

Капитан Борода
10 Year Member

That "stuff" NTM sold is an MVS-AES converter that I bought from NTM (thanks man). It however, was a result of my first attempt to buy a different converter (same model I think) from Pope earlier. A respected member had sold it to him for $100 a few weeks before Pope approached me to sell it (he PM'd directly as he heard I was looking for one). The offer price? $175. I found out, and confronted him nicely via PM and although he was extremely apologetic and stated that I didn't understand the whole story, I soured quickly on the offer and passed.

I don't like the direction this is going. I wish the best for the Pope and hope he's doing OK. However, I really wish he'd let/help his GF login and post a reply on his behalf, if he is unable to do so himself. I feel like his rep is starting to crumble.

The problem Ash, after several respected members here compared notes, there has been a substantial track record of taking advantage of freebees and good deals then selling them on shortly thereafter. I understand he may have had some extremely difficult personal circumstances, but if he needed financial help and/or any other kind of assistance, there has got to be a better way than fleecing his friends (long standing members and noobs a like it seems) to financially gain. The outpouring of support for Pope's alleged situation (the gf and the current MIA status) is heartbreaking (if true, see Broken's comment), but with the sneaking around and half-truths told already, a lot of us just aren't sure what to believe at this point. :(

I suspect more members will be speaking up shortly but a few have obviously been coming out of the woodwork already. I just don't want this continuing to happen regardless of what's going on in Pope's personal life TBH.

Neo Ash

Starting?

It's widely believed that the whole "my GF has cancer, send me free stuff" was complete and utter bullshit.

I have given him the benefit of the doubt about as long as possible.

I really hope all this stuff about his GF was not a lie. If it was, that's about the lowest of the low to bullshit people about.

If his GF can text forum members, I see no reason why she couldn't reply here. In actuality, there's not a good reason.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
I am also concerned how this is turning out...

TRUTH of the matter is... Berry is out of pocket....

There is enough of an issue for Sazae to let his gf/missus resolve any deal by at least contacting Berry.... I know Berry would wait as long as he got SOME sort of reply...

I wouldn't like to cry bullshit on the whole medical issues stuff... as it is a sensitive subject... HOWEVER, this sort of excuse has been used before... as we all know...

The forums are family... and we build bondships... and so in essence we help each other out in need...

I'd HATE for people to abuse this fact...

xROTx