Pope Sazae - ongoing deal with no response

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
Meh... maybe I was too quick... but TBH... i think he's had LOTS of time by fookin now...

Matter of judgement I suppose... I'm not totally intractable... but I feel IF he wanted to resolve deal... he would've done it by now...

ALSO, He can contact any one of the members here by another means to get the ball rolling... Sazae has built up a lot of contact details in his time here... judging by how many people can speak to him direct...

xROTx

PS. I'm only an email... PM... chat away... so I can resolve certain issues if needed...

BerryTogart

Bolt Thrower.,
I assume Berrys paypal address is his email address, hence, he has had enough time i feel to resolve this.

it's not but I did send him the Money and so his PayPal lists where it came from and he has it.

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
Is there no way for PayPal to return Berry his money? it's sad when recognized members turn bad (Only cases I've seen since I'm here are this and Hide, but AFAIK there have been more). I also disagree with banning him. Taking away market privileges seem OK, but if he gets banned he will have even one more excuse to not honor the deal with Berry,

Just my 2 pennies.

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
You guys talk like he ever has any intention of refunding Berry's money.

Banned or not, ain't shit gonna happen.

CORY

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
Staff member
You guys talk like he ever has any intention of refunding Berry's money.

Banned or not, ain't shit gonna happen.

I'd prefer for us to take a chance rather than giving him a reason to disapear once and for good. Again, look how much time it took to hide to send the stuff.

I think that Sazae's full name must be posted on here as well as his adress, email and phone number. I think I still have some old PMs from him with his infos.

Yeah, I'm one of the members who pitied the fool and got fleeced in return.

Tw3ek

69Vapelord420
10 Year Member
I think that Sazae's full name must be posted on here as well as his adress, email and phone number. I think I still have some old PMs from him with his infos.

Yeah, I'm one of the members who pitied the fool and got fleeced in return.

I'll be honest, I got fleeced by him pretty hard thanks to what I thought was helping a friend out. However, what are we going to gain from putting up his personal info?

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
I'll be honest, I got fleeced by him pretty hard thanks to what I thought was helping a friend out. However, what are we going to gain from putting up his personal info?

teh dr4m4

CORY

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
Staff member

Going by what you just wrote, I'd say he finally got to you. Well, how about we stop reacting like a bunch of fleeced sheeps and become the wolves for a minute? He'll be pissed and if whatever remains of his brain still works, he might think about the conscequences of having this thread popping out everytime someone googles his name whether it's his familly, his co-workers or his future boss.

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
What's heeded isn't personal info. It's clear he isn't coming back to rectify anything anytime soon, and he has been (from my time here) been more heavily involved here. If he does make right, it would be between him and Berry beyond the boards. We as a community chalk it up as a learning experience and move on.

Tw3ek

69Vapelord420
10 Year Member
Going by what you just wrote, I'd say he finally got to you. Well, how about we stop reacting like a bunch of fleeced sheeps and become the wolves for a minute? He'll be pissed and if whatever remains of his brain still works, he might think about the conscequences of having this thread popping out everytime someone googles his name whether it's his familly, his co-workers or his future boss.

Damn dude. I understand being angry, but at worst the guy is a scamming drug addict and at best someone who hit rough times in life. Neither one of these things are worth destroying a mans life over because of some video games.

As far as finally getting to me, I've been angry with him since this happened, but there's almost no way I'd be out for blood over some games. What if something like this happened to you or someone you know. Would you want people to ruin the rest of your life for it? Shit happens, and he got the custom rank of scammer so people know to avoid him in deals. It's already unlikely Berry gets his money back, but let's not make it impossible.

Teddy KGB

Капитан Борода
10 Year Member
I tend to agree Tweeker. Unless there are more folks waiting to come out with their unresolved stories, that is. I dunno, I tend to be less vindictive in my old age. ;) But regardless, your grace and compassion throughout this process is pretty amazeballs considering you got the shaft from him too. Good on you.

I'd prefer for us to take a chance rather than giving him a reason to disapear once and for good. Again, look how much time it took to hide to send the stuff.

Man, speaking of Hide, how loco is this post here in Hide's thread? :loco:

Just let me be a market place mod, I love checking these things out and have the time to get that area back in order. VT has better stuff to do and I hate seeing what has become of a market I've used a lot and had trust and faith in.

In that case I would be completely open about every deal I make even if they are conducted via PM for transparency. VT has his sale threads and they are great and very open for all to see and ask questions about.

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
Damn dude. I understand being angry, but at worst the guy is a scamming drug addict and at best someone who hit rough times in life. Neither one of these things are worth destroying a mans life over because of some video games.

As far as finally getting to me, I've been angry with him since this happened, but there's almost no way I'd be out for blood over some games. What if something like this happened to you or someone you know. Would you want people to ruin the rest of your life for it? Shit happens, and he got the custom rank of scammer so people know to avoid him in deals. It's already unlikely Berry gets his money back, but let's not make it impossible.

It all kind of takes care of itself anyway - if Pope really is back on heroin again then he's not going to give two fucks about what employers, family, anyone thinks really. And (hopefully) when he's clean again I seriously doubt he would pull this shit.

Heroin changes people, until he sorts himself out all of this is an irrelevance to him unfortunately, and there's absolutely nothing anyone can do to prise money from a junkies hands that was intended for drugs.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
I'm with Teddy and Tw3ek on this. What happened is messed up but not worthy of a tar and feather response. And yeah, never a good idea to give mod powers to someone that requests them... The marketplace on here is funny. No one complains unless something really bad happens. Then everyone else comes out of the woodwork and tells a similar tale. If people were called out earlier via negative feedback or posting in the feedback forum, it'd go a long way to preventing dodgy transactions in the future. Currently, the best way to find out whether someone is a potential deadbeat or not is to PM other members you know and trust.

CORY

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
Staff member

Destroying a man's life by posting his infos here? Jesus, are you serious? It would take 2 minutes to delete this whole thread, let alone a single post. Also, this thread would have never been created if Sazae wasn't destroying his own life all by himself in the first place.

I understand your compassion for your ex-friend but after all what he did to you, don't you feel like warning people about what kind of a person he is? I'm glad we're just talking about video games here, I can't imagine what he can pull off IRL. You're being too kind to someone who never gave a shit about you Tweek and that's real talk.

I don't like to post people's infos but this the last resort solution to get someone's attention. It's nothing new, it's been done here many times. You should probably call Sazae to let him know that now may be a good time for him to finally talk to his buyer.

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member
There are worse things in life that can be ruined outside of one's reputation. I've kept myself out of this thread for the most part but, Whatever Sazae is doing is his choice. I don't pretend to know what he's going thru but he's obviously hit a low point in his life. I've been there myself and it sucks but thankfully I was able to pull myself up and get myself in good shape. Life keeps throwing you shit from time to time. It's up to Sazae to decide if he wants to stand up or lay down and take it.

ggallegos1

10 Year Member
Destroying a man's life by posting his infos here? Jesus, are you serious? It would take 2 minutes to delete this whole thread, let alone a single post. Also, this thread would have never been created if Sazae wasn't destroying his own life all by himself in the first place.

I understand your compassion for your ex-friend but after all what he did to you, don't you feel like warning people about what kind of a person he is? I'm glad we're just talking about video games here, I can't imagine what he can pull off IRL. You're being too kind to someone who never gave a shit about you Tweek and that's real talk.

I don't like to post people's infos but this the last resort solution to get someone's attention. It's nothing new, it's been done here many times. You should probably call Sazae to let him know that now may be a good time for him to finally talk to his buyer.

I agree that your frustration and anger is well placed and justifiable. I only ask what benefit or warning to others on this forum will posting personal info do that a custom rank, a massive thread, and a banning would not? Not even being facetious at all, I'd really like to know.

The difference between Pope and Hide is Hide had pm and market privileges throughout his whole fiasco, and he had a business related to his games that he took priority. Since his reputation stemmed into different worlds of competitive gaming, it behooved others outside of the forums with posting his info. In this case, unless I am missing some details or have things skewed, is very different. The damage is done, his rep is unrepairable, and posting his info will do nothing in the long run except for causing more unnecessary drama.

CORY

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
Staff member
I agree that your frustration and anger is well placed and justifiable. I only ask what benefit or warning to others on this forum will posting personal info do that a custom rank, a massive thread, and a banning would not? Not even being facetious at all, I'd really like to know.

The difference between Pope and Hide is Hide had pm and market privileges throughout his whole fiasco, and he had a business related to his games that he took priority. Since his reputation stemmed into different worlds of competitive gaming, it behooved others outside of the forums with posting his info. In this case, unless I am missing some details or have things skewed, is very different. The damage is done, his rep is unrepairable, and posting his info will do nothing in the long run except for causing more unnecessary drama.

I'm not sure why you guys think that I'm angry but whatever, I should probably add some gifs in there.

Do you know what is his username on every other gaming forums? I don't. His real name is the best way to identifiate him everywhere. Let's see Puyo Pope tries to rip someone off on sega32 but his buyer has the brilliant idea to google his name first just to know what kind of a person he's dealing with. This thread pops up in the first page. Dude is like "wah dude... Puyo Pope and Pope Sazae are the same person? Oh snap! I'm glad someone posted his infos on neo-geo.com, this dude saved me a lot of trouble!".

His rep being unrepairable doesn't allow him to walk away with the money. I really don't understand this. "Hey dude, I thrown your rep down the drain, you can keep my money now, it's all good!".

No, it's not.

ggallegos1

10 Year Member
I'm not sure why you guys think that I'm angry but whatever, I should probably add some gifs in there.

Do you know what is his username on every other gaming forums? I don't. His real name is the best way to identifiate him everywhere. Let's see Puyo Pope tries to rip someone off on sega32 but his buyer has the brilliant idea to google his name first just to know what kind of a person he's dealing with. This thread pops up in the first page. Dude is like "wah dude... Puyo Pope and Pope Sazae are the same person? Oh snap! I'm glad someone posted his infos on neo-geo.com, this dude saved me a lot of trouble!".

His rep being unrepairable doesn't allow him to walk away with the money. I really don't understand this. "Hey dude, I thrown your rep down the drain, you can keep my money now, it's all good!".

No, it's not.

Gifs speak the truest essence of the soul. Moar gifs pls.

CORY

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
Staff member
Gifs speak the truest essence of the soul. Moar gifs pls.

I AIN'T EVEN MAD
F7o5iOI.gif
F7o5iOI.gif
F7o5iOI.gif
F7o5iOI.gif
F7o5iOI.gif
F7o5iOI.gif
F7o5iOI.gif
F7o5iOI.gif

2D_mastur

Is he greater than XD Master?
10 Year Member
- Lives in Florida.
- Is a degenerate drug addict.
- Is a proven liar.
- Cheats people out of Neo-Geo / retro shit.

Case solved.

CORY

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
Staff member
The Neo-Geo.com Market Forum Rules

[...]
2.4.2. Any user who commits a scam on this website forfeits all privacy rights to their name, address and any other discoverable personal information until the situation has been acceptably rectified. Any such information can be posted on the forums, resulting in public availability on web search engines (e.g. Google).
[...]

He can't say he wasn't warned. Considering how bad he wanted to be a mod, I guess it's safe to say that he read the rules.

Last edited: